• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Why Does The Mainstream Media Ignore The Bilderberg Group?" (Article)

But the vast majority of people here have this beautiful faith in the nobility of the world's bankers and corporate CEOs.
Not automatically accepting blanket claims of evil intent without some shred of evidence is what normal people do, regardless of the subject.
 
Yeah, cool beans.

I wonder if the Bilderberg thing is a kind of Rorschach test. I lean toward the "nothing to see here" camp, but I really haven't done much research. It's almost as if opinions just pop up and only require research when they are challenged. By that time, I go in with a bias and it takes even more evidence to move me off my unjustified opinion.

With the amount of things presented to me by way of the news and so forth, I can't think of any other method than guessing as an initial condition. The "no opinion at all" seems like a lie. Ask me about anything and I can vomit up some nonsense or other. It is very rare not to have some off-the-cuff stance going in.

/Thread.
 
It's pretty unreasonable to act like its completely kooky to even find these BG meetings intriguing.

I suppose now I'll also be ridiculed for saying that, and you can pat each other on the butt when I get banned.

OK, someone's been holding out on me, where's the line for the butt patting?
 
It's also human nature to bang alot, and to try and bang the most socially stable person possible. By your own logic they could just as easily be going there for a big ol' orgy.


And when we get behind closed doors
Then she lets her hair hang down
And she makes me glad that I'm a man
Oh, no-one knows what goes on behind closed doors


Charlie Rich
 
It's sad to see this kind of inane **** promoted in newspapers such as the Guardian, their 'US News Blog' is peppered with contributor Charlie Skelton's reports on Bilderberg 2012, of course there's nothing wrong with reporting on a gathering like this, in fact it would be a travesty if it went unreported - but his (Charlie Skelton) take (and vicariously the Guardian's) clearly sides with the idiotic conspiracy theorists waving their banners and shouting 'scum!' at the passing guests.

Skelton praises the protesters outside the gates for being 'peculiarly intelligent' - these people whose intelligence has so taken Skelton are people from groups like 'We Are Change', 'Press For Truth', Mark Dice, Alex Jones and Luke Rudkowski, people whose confirmation bias and lack of intellectual honesty sees them bogged down in a hermetically sealed and inescapable conspiracy malaise.

Visit the websites and Youtube channels of these 'peculiarly intelligent' and the conspiracy theory stalwarts are all there: The 911 'inside job' hypothesis, the 7/7 'inside job' hypothesis, talk of secret tyrannical New World Order prison camps, the Vatican's secret plans to aide the arrival of the 'antichrist', the Illuminati's secret plans for the antichrist to seize power, how vaccine campaigns are actually governmental plots to kill and main . . (and this next part is worth quoting verbatim) . . "and how all of these events fit in perfectly with Bible prophecy and why you won't hear about any of this in your local church because they will lose their 501C3 tax exempt status."**

If anything journalism like this lets Bilderberg off the hook, legitimate calls for transparency and accountability can be brushed aside as part and parcel of the inane conspiracy circus outside the gates.


**Source: Mark Dice's website / home page (having posted less than 15 posts I cannot post links)
 
Gate's foundation probably started as an effort to mitigate the entire world hating him for being so unreasonably wealthy.

The entire world? And what's unreasonable about it? I can think of people whose wealth is far more unreasonable. Inherited wealth, bosses who got multimillion pound bonuses while their companies went down the tubes; that's unreasonable wealth.
Gates was in the right place at the right time, he made more money than he could ever need and he's trying to put it too good use, I have no problem with that, and again you've missed the main point that the super wealthy are not some monolithic group who share the same values and goals.
 
The entire world? And what's unreasonable about it? I can think of people whose wealth is far more unreasonable. Inherited wealth, bosses who got multimillion pound bonuses while their companies went down the tubes; that's unreasonable wealth.
Gates was in the right place at the right time, he made more money than he could ever need and he's trying to put it too good use, I have no problem with that, and again you've missed the main point that the super wealthy are not some monolithic group who share the same values and goals.

I was out and about in our little Flemish town today, I bumped into quite a few friends and acquaintances, I asked them all if they hated Bill Gates and the most common answer was ''Who?'' So much for the whole world hating him
 
No point discussing opinions. The topic isn't how interesting the Bilderbergs are anyway, but if they are EVIL!!!112one

Many if not most have MAGZ on ignore because he is a holocaust denying nazi supporter and anti-semite. My guess is that it's a personal choice not to respond to him. Other than that, most of us dislike argumentum ad youtubum. If you have an argument, submit it in text. Don't expect us to watch a youtube video.

Present it here and I'll look at it. Not in video form. Use your own words.

If it seems like I made the claim that all Bilderbergs are "evil" I'd like to correct that. I think the possibility of conspiracies resulting from the meetings is high. I think they understand that too and that's part of why the secrecy and security are so over the top.

I didn't know MAGZ was not part of the discussion, the video he posted caused a strong reaction from the "WTF" part of my brain, and was wondering why no one had said anything about it...

I think I'll just be frustrated when people do watch it and then justify the lies and deception as acceptable practices and not indicative of anything nefarious.
 
If it seems like I made the claim that all Bilderbergs are "evil" I'd like to correct that. I think the possibility of conspiracies resulting from the meetings is high. I think they understand that too and that's part of why the secrecy and security are so over the top.

Anything's possible. It is possible that the Bilderbergers are just having a luau cookoff and submit their agenda to the press to make us believe that they are actually discussing productive things. It is possible that they are all aliens. What counts is evidence. Until evidence is presented, any assumption of maliciousness is just idle speculation and unworthy of a skeptics forum.

I didn't know MAGZ was not part of the discussion, the video he posted caused a strong reaction from the "WTF" part of my brain, and was wondering why no one had said anything about it...

Well, now you know.

I think I'll just be frustrated when people do watch it and then justify the lies and deception as acceptable practices and not indicative of anything nefarious.

People here generally don't accept a youtube video as an argument. It's lazy and disrespectful. My guess is that almost nobody watched it. If you want to discuss it's contents, feel free to write a summary up for us. If the video provided sources, please include them.
 
Kindly provide a list of the Bilderberg group's plans, and we can determine which ones have come to fruition.

I contend that there is no evidence whatsoever that the BG has made any plans other than those set out in their public releases.

If you agree wth that statement discussion over.
If you do not then the ball is in your court, how's your game?
 
I do a lot of posting from my e-reader which does not display videos and has no sound. In that realm Youtube is dead to me and I can only respond to what a poster puts forth. Lucky me

Dazed, you have made several pronouncements besides your claim that BG members are evil. You also opined upon insincerity on the part of Bill & Linda Gates for instance.

Thus you are being called upon to show evidence , beyond speculative motive, or opportunity.
From what I gather the video does not supply either. At least Magz and others who might feel the vid is of some worth have not mentioned it.
 
Hilarious. You said if I agreed with your statement the discussion was over, and I did. Yet here you are erecting a strawman to carry on your attack, placing claims I never made upon me. I shouldn't even humour you, but for the record:

you have made several pronouncements besides your claim that BG members are evil. You also opined upon insincerity on the part of Bill & Linda Gates for instance.

I have made no pronouncements. I stated several opinions. I made no claim that BG members are evil. This is a strawman. I did not opine the insincerity of Bill Gates; I was asked to explain why his charitable foundation exists if human nature is self-serving, and I presented a possible self-serving explanation.
 
Hello Dazed!

I think the possibility of conspiracies resulting from the meetings is high.
I guess what most of us are interested in is this: Do you have specific evidence or indicators, that you would like to discuss in this thread, that have led you to think "the possibility for conspiracies... is high"?

...the video he posted caused a strong reaction from the "WTF" part of my brain
Similarly: Was there specific claims or evidence, presented in the video, that made you go "WTF", that you would like to discuss here?

For example: "at minute 1:05 in the video, the narrator claims that the Bilderbergs eat babies, and there is footage of what appears to be a Baby-Back Barbecue truck parked at the Bilderberg loading dock. WTF?!"

I think I'll just be frustrated when people do watch it and then justify the lies and deception as acceptable practices and not indicative of anything nefarious.
I guess we'll have to wait and see what lies and deception you think are occurring, and what evidence you have for them.

Incidentally, are you open to the possibility that the only lies and deception are the accusations against the Bilderbergs, and that what the evidence actually shows is acceptable practices and no indication of anything nefarious?

Would you be disappointed if people consider your claims of lies and deception, and then demonstrate that the claims are actually not supported by evidence, or are simply logical fallacies to begin with?
 
I think the possibility of conspiracies resulting from the meetings is high.

Based on what evidence?

What "conspiracies" in particular? Why those conspiracies and not some other ones?

Begging the question -- argument rejected.

I think they understand that too and that's part of why the secrecy and security are so over the top.

Speculation. Are you up to go good every time you want some privacy?

Confirmation bias -- argument rejected.

I think I'll just be frustrated when people do watch it and then justify the lies and deception as acceptable practices and not indicative of anything nefarious.

Yes, go be frustrated. And paranoid. A whole lot of handwaving and speculation, and accusations of "lies and deception," aren't proof of "conspiracies."

Appeal to emotion -- argument rejected.

If you want to support your claim that they're conspiring, then show us one documented conspiracy that they came up with in any Bilderberger gathering, and show us that it actually happened. Can't do it, can you?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom