And that fact comes from where exactly?
Edit: Whoops, miread your comment...disregard.
Last edited:
And that fact comes from where exactly?
Probably just raise his bail and be out again shortly.
Kind of a silly exercise, but they have to play the games, I guess.
Any idea what the possible impact might be on the main trial?
Hmm....considering how we started this case thinking that a gun toting racist had chased down a 12-year old kid and then shot him in cold blood, and the racist police department let him off because his Dad was a judge, only to learn that there was a teensie weensie more to it than that, yes, I think I'd like to hear a little more about this than what the prosecution has to say about it.
What in the world does that have to do with it being valid evidence???
You're basically saying: "Defense attorneys would never do anything fraudulent, so why not let them use evidence that is easily fabricated".
trust is exactly the issue, why would a lawyer throw away their career for this?I don't care if it's the judges mother that gave him the file dates!
Trust is not the issue.
Computer file dates should not be anywhere near a courtroom as evidence.
trust is exactly the issue, why would a lawyer throw away their career for this?
Really? What does it cost to go to law school? How much income is lost by being disbarred? What evidence do YOU have they are fabricated?
The only thing I can say is: That is the most ridiculous thing I have read all week.
You should complete the cost-benefit analysis: What is gained by fabricating this evidence? What is the probability that it will be investigated?
If the probability for an investigation is esentually zero, the cost will be zero regardless of the possible penalty. For issues like this, there should be a non-zero probability that it will be investigated just like a random IRS audit that keeps tax payers honest.
Any idea what the possible impact might be on the main trial?
Indeed, once we have an under-oath lie or two, a witness can be impeached with that quite easily.
This means he will not be testifying at his own trial.
OJ had a passport and lots of money and looked like he might flee, but he was completely innocent.
This is silly spinning, you can conduct an initial investigation and make a decision, then a later decision can be made as more evidence is gathered and analyzed.
All without incompetence of shoddy investigation.
I think it will destroy Zimmerman's credibility. He essentially got caught flagrantly lying to a judge under oath. Jurors will certainly be more likely to doubt his account of the confrontation and killing.
In fact, I suspect his lawyer will begin suggesting he take a plea bargain if any is offered.
Given the amount of metadata embedded in files today falsifying them seems to be a rather steep slope to take. Either that or I imagined the forensic computer science presentation a friend of mine working for the Federal Criminal Police Office did a few weeks ago.
While I'm not sure how far we should trust GZ's testimony regarding the evening of the killing I'm also not quite sure if lying about money is in the same category as lying about how you ended up killing someone else. Quite frankly that seems like two entirely different categories.