• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some grand speculation we are taking part in.

There was what, one or two posts in the entire thread about the prescription drugs we have evidence Z was on at the time.
Probably because it was boring and largely irrelevant?
Compared to maybe one or two hundred posts in the thread about the supposed drugs of which we have no evidence M was on at the time. Blunts, weed, codeine, cough medicine, have I missed any?
Actually, we know for a fact that he had THC in his system. As far as the others, they've been stated to be speculation. IMO the strong disagreement comes in not when people speculate, but when they state pure speculation as fact, i.e. "GZ chased TM down".

On the subject of speculation, I think both sides have indulged liberally.
 
Last edited:
Actually, we know for a fact that he had THC in his system.

Didn't the AP report on day 1 that the THC in his system was at a level where he hadn't smoked any in days??


If that is true, and you also didn't miss where I specified we were talking about what "M was on at the time" I would have a feeling you were being disingenuous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...range-shot/2012/05/17/gIQAEMg9WU_story_1.html

According to documents released this week, Martin’s blood showed traces of THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. We knew from earlier reports that he’d been disciplined for smoking pot, and the amounts found in his blood sample suggest he hadn’t indulged in the days leading up to the incident, experts told The Associated Press.


Yet you claim the drug we know Z was on at the time is "boring and largely irrelevant". Could you clarify that with details?
 
Didn't the AP report on day 1 that the THC in his system was at a level where he hadn't smoked any in days??


If that is true, and you also didn't miss where I specified we were talking about what "M was on at the time" I would have a feeling you were being disingenuous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...range-shot/2012/05/17/gIQAEMg9WU_story_1.html




Yet you claim the drug we know Z was on at the time is "boring and largely irrelevant". Could you clarify that with details?
No, the media found one guy with a Ph.D, but apparently without a medical degree, declared him an expert on that specific medical subject, and posted the claim.

Links and quotes were posted right here from multiple actual MD experts in toxicology, calling into doubt his assertions, and cautioning against jumping to conclusions.
 
No, the media found one guy with a Ph.D, but apparently without a medical degree, declared him an expert on that specific medical subject, and posted the claim.

Links and quotes were posted right here from multiple actual MD experts in toxicology, calling into doubt his assertions, and cautioning against jumping to conclusions.

Oh c'mon! If you are going to try and debunk the Washington Post and the AP the least you could do is post some links.

I've been reading the same thread you have. I don't recall any links debunking that report. Perhaps some conflicting links, but I'm not sure that is conclusive.

Could you at least link to those?
 
Yet you claim the drug we know Z was on at the time is "boring and largely irrelevant". Could you clarify that with details?

A herd of cops spent hours with Z starting two minutes after the shooting and there have been no reports whatever of any suspicion of any drug-induced behavior.
 
Oh c'mon! If you are going to try and debunk the Washington Post and the AP the least you could do is post some links.

I've been reading the same thread you have. I don't recall any links debunking that report. Perhaps some conflicting links, but I'm not sure that is conclusive.

Could you at least link to those?
My reputation for consistently posting factual links is based on the fact that I consistently post factual links.

If you are going to keep calling me a liar, the burden of proof is on you to start proving that assertion, instead of playing the 'memory hole' game.
 
Earlier in the thread, someone posted about the levels of THC in a corps. Paraphrasing; Some parts of a corps can have inordinately high levels of THC.

Doesn't this necessarily mean that other places in the body would have inordinately low levels?
How do we know that where the sample was taken had high or low levels?
People keep harping about how mellow pot makes you. I've known plenty of violent people that fight at the drop of a hat when only stoned. That and like any drug, pot can have idiosyncratic effects on any particular individual.

The speculation running rampant in this thread is mind boggling. IMO, the evidence out so far supports GZ's version, but obviously, TM's version can never be told.

GZ should use some of that defense fund money to hire John Edward, Sylvia, and JVP (The Super Frauds from their lair in the Hall of Injustice) to get to the bottom of this. Their findings would be just as valid as some of the stuff in this thread.
 
Didn't the AP report on day 1 that the THC in his system was at a level where he hadn't smoked any in days??


If that is true, and you also didn't miss where I specified we were talking about what "M was on at the time" I would have a feeling you were being disingenuous.

Or one might have a feeling you're trying to stir up some controversy. I've read conflicting claims about what the THC report means, I lack the expertise to determine which claim is valid, and I've seen no agreement among experts about what it means. Therefore I have no opinion on the subject of whether he could have been smoking that day.

As for your suggestion that it's somehow wrong that people have been speculating about it, while not giving adequate attention to the fact that GZ had a couple of prescriptions for drugs, hey, go with that angle if you want to. Personally I'm a bit tired of these things, they seem like games to me. I'd rather talk about actual details or for that matter speculate, than play these games about whether one "side" has not been "fair" by paying too much attention to something.

Let's put it this way. Do you have ANY evidence or even speculation that GZ was under the influence? If you do, present the evidence or speculate away :)! If not, what's the point of this?
 
For me, the speculation about lean and the blunts is not that TM was on them at the time, even though I think he's on something at the 7/11, it is that they are possible reason(s) TM ran and was so upset/angry with GZ that he punched him.
 
Last edited:
For me, the speculation about lean and the blunts is not that TM was on them at the time, even though I think he's on something at the 7/11, it is that they are possible reason(s) TM ran and was so upset/angry with GZ that he punched him.

GZ was so upset or angry with TM that he shot and killed him.
 
GZ was so upset or angry with TM that he shot and killed him.

Yea, I've heard that's a common complaint of people who fear that they are in danger of being beat to death. Those whiners should just chill the :rule10 out.
 
Last edited:
GZ was so upset or angry with TM that he shot and killed him.

Well, that's possible. Do you think the evidence supports that conclusion ? After all, he did imply TM was one of those ******** that always get away.

Of course, it's not what we understand GZ claims happens. It doesn't appear to be supported by the witness statements or other evidence ... so perhaps GZ shot TM becuase TM had broken his nose and was on top of beating him and not stopping even when witnesses said they were going to call the police ...
 
Not that pot could make someone paranoid.

Either interrupted what TM was planning that evening, or that TM was now about to be caught by the police with lean makings and blunts, and in a lot more trouble, or a combination.

TM was already on a short leash with his prior troubles.

The question would be where are the blunts? It's been speculated that TM made it to Brandy's house.

But why not stay there if that's the case? GZ did get a good look at him, but still...

I dunno. Maybe the next evidence release will flip the case around.
 
This is some grand speculation we are taking part in.

There was what, one or two posts in the entire thread about the prescription drugs we have evidence Z was on at the time.

Compared to maybe one or two hundred posts in the thread about the supposed drugs of which we have no evidence M was on at the time. Blunts, weed, codeine, cough medicine, have I missed any?

What do you have to say about what GZ was taking ?

I think he spent hours immediately after the shooting with professionals trained to spot people who are under the influence of drugs and alcohol. The fact they didn't test him would indicate that they didn't find reason to. I doubt they had a shortage of opportunities or test kits.

So, what was GZ on ? How did it affect him and how does it impact the case ?

IDK if TM was high, and I don't think it matters legally. I think the Martins attorneys will continue to fight a PR battle. Those who wish to believe TM was a JD will continue to keep throwing **** and some of it will stick. I do think TM overall image matters, though, based the amount of political and social pressure and scrutiny this case will be under.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom