WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator
- Joined
- Mar 23, 2003
- Messages
- 59,856
They did confiscate the weapon that very night, and they still have it.If the police decided to confiscate the weapon
They did confiscate the weapon that very night, and they still have it.If the police decided to confiscate the weapon
Bear in mind that official weather records are taken in a specific location. Here in Chicago, for example, the official weather station is at O'Hare airport - at the extreme northwest corner of the city. But there's days where it pours in much of the city, while O'Hare gets not a single drop. So officially there was no precipitation in Chicago that day, but those with flooded basements might disagree.But the internet says it wasn't raining ? So was it raining or not ?
Does a skeptic take an anonymous source over the 1st hand account by the person in question?Well, if you want to believe Reuters or not, (especially since that nice fluff piece they did recently with anonymous sources about Zimmerman) --but this is a later account of it...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/03/us-usa-florida-shooting-trayvon-idUSBRE8320UK20120403
Heh. I thought 150,000 was supposedly low for a 2nd degree murder charge.
I am not sure I get what the supposed benefit to GZ was ? Lower bond, therefor more money ? Was it all a trick about keeping more money to ... spend on blow and hookers or something ?
Huh? English please. Not sure what that is, but it certainly makes no sense to me.
Cylinder said:Judge Lester orders PayPal information given to the state to decide if this money constitutes a change of circumstance in regards to bail. State is asking for a increase in bail.
I agree 100%. He should have his bond raised. He has $200k sitting in his paypal account, and O'Mara said his client was of modest means.
Sorry ass lying Zimmerman. Judge should look at his indigent status paperwork that lists any assets, and if he lied on there, he needs to be booked for perjury and have his bond revoked.
To offer a contrary view, the opinion stated below is what I've heard from legal experts several times now. I really think we need to differentiate between your typical 2nd degree murder charge with is often filed against violent or habitual criminals and a case like this where the person being charged turned himself in and has no previous convictions of serious crimes.I thought so as well. I read that it was unusually low in several stories, I think. But I do believe it is true that most defendants charged with murder are remanded.
http://newsone.com/2003852/george-zimmerman-free-on-bond/
Bail is not unheard of in second-degree murder cases, and legal experts had predicted it would be granted for Zimmerman because of his ties to the community, because he turned himself in after he was charged last week, and because he has never been convicted of a serious crime.
To offer a contrary view, the opinion stated below is what I've heard from legal experts several times now. I really think we need to differentiate between your typical 2nd degree murder charge with is often filed against violent or habitual criminals and a case like this where the person being charged turned himself in and has no convictions of serious crimes.
Agree 100%. Or as Alan Dershowitz said, this isn't a poker game where you hide your cards. if the prosecution had the evidence they would have brought it forth, both in the affidavit and the bond hearing. In fact, even though grand juries will rubber stamp almost anything, you have to wonder if the reason Cory didn't take it to a grand jury is that she was worried they wouldn't indict.Thanks, that makes sense. Still, if the prosecution had presented strong evidence refuting the self-defense claim, I doubt Zimmerman would have been granted bail. Which makes me think they don't have an ace in the hole, as some have speculated. That's all I'm saying.
Speaking of which, I know this was discussed earlier in the thread, but don't remember it being answered. Doesn't Omara get to ask the judge to at some point to declare this a valid use of SYG and to throw the case out? Will that likely happen and if so soon? Or not in a another year or two when the trial actually starts?
The lawyer for the man accused of killing Trayvon Martin said it's too soon to know it they'll claim self-defense under the Stand Your Ground law.
In Florida, if a person is charged with murder and is able to prove Stand Your Ground, then the case will never see trial, and experts said that is what they feel Zimmerman and his team will try and to prove.
Zimmerman will have a special immunity hearing before the case ever goes to trial.-snip-
There's a good chance O'Mara won't even use the SYG defense.
And I'll tell you why I think he won't.
In the immunity hearing there are extremely good odds Zimm will need to take the stand.
That opens him up to cross -exam.
And a defense lawyer crapping his pants as that happens.
I'm going to make a prediction now and say O'Mara is not going to go the SYG route.
GZ is way too much of a loose cannon.
All those inconsistencies with the evidence the state talked about as well will be hammered but good.
Nope. No SYG defense. This is going to trial. You heard it here first.![]()
I hope this doesn't disappoint you but I don't feel like I'm getting any rare truth from youI'm going to make a prediction now and say O'Mara is not going to go the SYG route.
GZ is way too much of a loose cannon.
All those inconsistencies with the evidence the state talked about as well will be hammered but good.
Nope. No SYG defense. This is going to trial. You heard it here first.![]()
You're talking about "how would I describe the body in that photo?"
That tarp looks to me to be 5-10 feet from where the police are standing. It does not appear to me to be close to the sidewalk. If that is his body, and if my distances are correct, then Zimmerman's story has a hole in it.
I said in my first post on this subject that it's hard to ascertain that distance for sure.
Does that answer your question?
I'm going to make a prediction now and say O'Mara is not going to go the SYG route.
Zimmerman doesn't seem to be asserting any defense other than traditional justification - i.e. reasonable fear of death or great bodily harm. Statutory immunity is also part of the new law that has come to be known as Stand Your Ground, but you don't have to assert that particular facet of justification to be eligible for that immunuty. The law states that any person who uses justified force is immune from prosecution.
O'Mara will assert immunity - to do otherwise would deny his client due process - even if he's certain that it would fail. The question is whether or not he will subject Zimmerman to cross-examination in an immunity hearing. The judge will have to weigh the evidence and would be much more like to overcome the (unconstitutional) prejudice of Zimmerman asserting his right against self-incrimination.