• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun is another matter. If he normally wore it concealed, then he probably normally walks around with it and didn't even think about it when he got out of the car.

I would find this difficult to believe. I've had my SWP since I moved to Florida, so about, 9 years or so. I wear it almost every single time I leave the house, unless I know I am going somewhere that I cannot take it.

Guns being tucked into the waistband are a bit of a pain. The interfere with your seat belt, dig into your hip, and require adjustment after exiting a vehicle. So, if he forgot he had it on him, then he's a complete moron.

But, it's possible, but me personally, I find it highly improbable.

If he got it and then left the car, then I have questions about that.

I would too. Which may be why the SAO has filed.
 
Last edited:
Assume as you like. Though I'm sure there are plenty of people here who realize the bringing of a charge was not dictately soley by the evidence in this case.

And I would disagree. S.A. Corey is not someone easily swayed by media attention. Sorry if you feel otherwise, but that's fine.

Obviously Ms. Corey felt that she had enough evidence to charge Zimmerman with M2. I have a feeling that forensic evidence is going to play a HUGE role in this.

As soon as this episode became a media sensation, it was practically inevitable that charges were going to be laid. Short of the evidence showing with 100% absolute certainty that this was self-defense.

Wow. You sure do have a pretty low opinion of a highly respected SA. Not that it matters one bit, because she is well above any reproach.

But, feel free to believe whatever you want.
 
Anybody know why TM's girlfriend he was on the phone with didn't call 911 considering the circumstances of how her call with him ended?

I've also read that the family was upset (understandably) that the police hadn't bothered to look at TM's phone call history and then go contact her as an obvious useful witness. If true that is a 100% legit complaint against the PD but doesn't it also put the girlfriend in a really weird light? I mean, her version as it is now being told is that GZ chased/stalked TM then GZ initiated the assault. If the call went dead under those circumstances then why not contact the police?

AFAIK she never tried to contact the police and the Martin family's lawyer says they were not giving Sanford PD details of what girlfriend heard in the call because they wanted a federal investigation:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-arrest-now-abc-reveals-crucial-phone/t/story?id=15959017

I don't know honestly, but maybe she didn't know where he lived exactly? That would seem plausible to me.

But, who knows.
 
<snip>I'd add to that that walking about in the rain on a cold, dark night with just a hoodie on as protection is suspicious in itself. While there might be innocent reasons for doing so, it's not normal behaviour.<snip>

The sun had just barely went down, and it had just started raining during his walk AFAIK.
 
It wasn't the direction TM ran off in that was suspicious, it was that he ran in the first place. As is often said in cop shows... innocent people don't run.

Have you listened to the 911 call? GZ states several times that TM ran off. The first time is 6 secs before GZ exited the vehicle. This can be determined by the sound of the car door.

There's nothing wrong with running away if a stranger is following you. Z could have been a killer or a mugger for all M knows.

I can't believe you compared it to running from the cops!! That's just... wow...
 
Last edited:
It wasn't the direction TM ran off in that was suspicious, it was that he ran in the first place. As is often said in cop shows... innocent people don't run.
Have you listened to the 911 call? GZ states several times that TM ran off. The first time is 6 secs before GZ exited the vehicle. This can be determined by the sound of the car door.

There's nothing wrong with running away if a stranger is following you. Z could have been a killer or a mugger for all M knows.

I can't believe you compared it to running from the cops!! That's just... wow...
Look, there goes one now, another runner, shoot 'em.
 
Last edited:
Just asking questions.... questions we can't answer but we can speculate about.

Does anybody know if Trayvon was waiting to make a drug deal? If he was it would call into question his actions and why he ran away, right? Anybody know if Trayvon was trying to find a stashed gun?
I am asking questions because maybe somebody has an answer I am unaware of. If you can't honestly answer simple questions without resorting to ridiculously offensive fallacies maybe there is something in your sig you should consider. Did you even look at the link I posted before lashing out me again?

TM's girlfriend tells a story that paints GZ as the clear stalker/aggressor and she says she even told TM to run from GZ. Then somehow GZ caught up to TM anyways and pushes TM and then the phone goes dead. If that is really what happened wouldn't calling the police right away be the normal thing to do? I use question marks as way to invite dissent. If you have an answer that involves actually speaking to the issue I raised I like to hear it.

It gets weirder when one considers that the girlfriend apparently didn't even contact the police when she realized she had been talking to TM moments before he was killed and that she actually knew details of what happened that the police did not. It's been frequently reported as an example of the police mishandling of the case that they didn't even think to check TM's cell phone call log which would have shown she had been on the phone with TM at the crucial time. I sincerely believe that is a 100% valid criticism. However, just today it occurred to me that everything I've read so far has stated the police didn't even know the girlfriends call till late in the investigation which is why I am seriously wondering if there is more to the story that others might know.

Here is an article that briefly mentions what I've read many times now:

Nearly a week passed before important witnesses were interviewed by the police. Perhaps most crucially, investigators failed to access Martin’s cell phone records for weeks.

Those records revealed that just before he was shot, the teen was on the phone with his girlfriend,
who said she overheard crucial moments of the encounter between Zimmerman and Martin.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/trayvon-martin-cops-botched-investigation_n_1409277.html
 
I am asking questions because maybe somebody has an answer I am unaware of.
No. They don't. It's very unlikely they could anymore than anyone on this forum knows if Trayvon was waiting to meet a client for a drug deal.
 
Last edited:
Interestingly if you crunch to the figures, on average 1 in 31 gun owners in the US will have their weapon used to cause a death or an injury each year. Seems a tad high to me, though admittedly this includes self inflicted one.

Do you have links to where you got that?

you are four and a half times more likely to be shot with your own gun if you get in a fight than you are to shoot the other person.

This one too, cite please.
 
Last edited:
That detail shouldn't be overlooked.

It was a described as a large flat head screw driver which is a common basic burglary tool for prying things open and it was found along with a bunch of women's jewelry that TM couldn't explain why he had or where he had gotten from. It's an incredible coincidence that the person that GZ reported to 911 for acting kind of like a burglar had recently been caught with some very suspicious items suggesting he was a burglar. I am not saying it is proof of anything at all, but I think some consideration has to be given to the idea that GZ's calling the police about TM may have been based on something more then just paranoid fantasy.

Hi,

The issue with a screwdriver in school is its potential as weapon, not as a burglary tool.
 
You know...

...I can be a jerk at times. Sorry. Rude comments deleted.
 
Last edited:
Your hoodies must be made of different stuff than ours then. Ours are sweatshirt material, it does not make for good rain protection, a good rain storm would saturate it, so either you have very light rain or water proofing in your hoodies.

Where you live they only make hoods out of one type of material?? Rain coats do not have hoods there?
 
I don't know honestly, but maybe she didn't know where he lived exactly? That would seem plausible to me.

But, who knows.
Thanks, that's a very good point I didn't think of. It makes sense she didn't know where he was exactly and that would influence her decision process. I could see her maybe not calling 911 right away because she thought she didn't know enough to tell the police anything useful.
 
I saw Trayvon's brother briefly interviewed by CNN today. What a well spoken, intelligent kid he is. He said his brother was the kind of kid who would run from a fight, not get into one.

So let's see. On the one hand, you have a kid who doesn't like to fight. On the other you have a guy who's assaulted one, maybe two women, plus a police officer. A guy who likes to patrol his neighborhood with a gun.

So what's more likely? Trayvon acted out of character and started a fight, or George acted right in character and got into YET ANOTHER ONE?
 
Where you live they only make hoods out of one type of material?? Rain coats do not have hoods there?

I live in Portland now, but I grew up in Los Angeles. Here, rain coats are sold everywhere you go, but in L.A., you can't even find a really warm winter coat except for maybe REI. So it doesn't surprise me that in other states where it doesn't rain as much, no one has a proper water proof jacket.
 
Look, there goes one now, another runner, shoot 'em.
My front-yard street has about 10 times as many bicyclists as runners; can I shoot them too? :confused: :eek: :jaw-dropp

When I hear another straight-pipe harley headed my way I do need to talk myself out of dragging out the deer-rifle. :(

jk.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom