johnny karate
... and your little dog too.
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2007
- Messages
- 18,821
Blaming the follower for the followees bad reaction and decisions is pretty much blaming the victim.
This assumes Martin had a "bad reaction". We don't know that he did.
And for the record, the only victim here is Trayvon Martin. That you cite the "Don't blame the victim" argument while in the process of vilifying Martin is supremely ironic.
Consider this. Had TM actually gotten hold of GZ's gun and shot him (which according to the states was actually 4.4 times more likely than what did happen) would you consider that because GZ was following TM he got what he deserved?
I'm not sure why the hypotheticals have to always be about the awful things Martin might have done.
I don't think anyone is arguing that Zimmerman didn't have the right to defend himself if his story is true. The argument is that - at least for me - I don't believe Zimmerman's story is true.