From reading acorss the net and newspapers of varisous stripes, it is clear there are two camps, those who depseratly want GZ to be some kind of nazi gun totting loon with an agenda
or those who desperatly want TM to have been committing a crime in order to exonerate GZ or fulfill some kind of racial profileing of crime agenda.
To me GZ was a fool who with the best of intentions tried to do something for the community he clearly was not cut out to do, with tragic consequences he has taken a life nothing no legal siphistry is going to change that, he is responsible and culpable.
From reading acorss the net and newspapers of varisous stripes, it is clear there are two camps, those who depseratly want GZ to be some kind of nazi gun totting loon with an agenda
or those who desperatly want TM to have been committing a crime in order to exonerate GZ or fulfill some kind of racial profileing of crime agenda.
To me GZ was a fool who with the best of intentions tried to do something for the community he clearly was not cut out to do, with tragic consequences he has taken a life nothing no legal siphistry is going to change that, he is responsible and culpable.
It's reasonable to get away from such a person, if they're staring at you, yes. And it's very reasonable to become alarmed if you discover them following you - in fact, it would be stupid to not treat that person as a threat.
And of course, given Zimmerman's bizarre anger and inability to describe any sort of problem with Martin's behavior, we have no reason to think that Martin actually ran in the first place, but that's another issue.
What does evidence that a crime is not being planned look like? Enquiring minds want to knowThere was no evidence that a crime wasn't being planned,
I am just tired of people claiming GZ had no reason to call 911. He did have a reason. The NW groups say 'call if you see something suspicious' etc. So yes, let's agree he was justified in calling and move on.
Being white and not wearing a hoodie. Also proper rain attire.What does evidence that a crime is not being planned look like? Enquiring minds want to know
OMG that person in that car is staring at me while talking on the phone, call the FBI and the National Guard!!!!
Such partisan thinking again, you're missing those in the middle who think both men made errors of judgement...
First off, I don't know that it has been established but even if it has, there are reasons for rules. A person who has a gun has responsibilities to ensure other people's safety.
"Ran off"? I don't know that for a fact.
I have, I don't remember "run off". I think you are making that up. My apologies if not.
First off, the gun make the confrontation more risky.
Second, people who are armed can give the holders a sense of power to act recklessly. I don't know if the second part is true in this case but you did ask the question.
Fatuous. By this logic everyone should call the police every time someone sees someone strange.
TM is dead.
There's currently no evidence that GZ made any mistakes.
Well, except for the fact that he's in jail facing life in prison....
Well, except for the fact that he's in jail facing life in prison....
Where did GZ leave his vehicle and what was the interval from when TM's friend hears the headset drop and the call is dropped?
Following someone does.but doesn't increase the likelihood of confrontation
Given that it can then it would be advisable not to follow someone you think is suspicious in light of the facts that no crime has been committed and there is no imminent danger.There is not evidence that it did, though I sure some would love to claim it so.
I didn't say acting strange.Funny thing, Neighbour Watch and the Police would suggest that if you saw someone you though was acting strange, you should.
Though not because he was being followed. He's dead because he got involved in a fight.
I agree, at least insofar that I have no problem with Zimmerman calling 911. I don't think he had a legitimate reason to do so, but apparently he felt he did, and that's good enough to warrant a call.
So by the those same neighborhood watch rules you are citing, can we agree that Zimmerman violated them when, with a gun, he exited his car to follow Martin?
Depending on what comes to light at trial I'd be wary to assert either side made a mistake.
Though depending on your visual and other acuity it might be easy to mistake someone talking via headset for someone psychotic or on drugs.