Absolutely wrong. I have no problem (per se) with your view on guns, that's perfectly fine. However, it's estimated that 1 in 4 people in the US own guns. Of those people whom own guns legally, one a VERY small portion commit crimes with them.
Well it's still to be determined if that was the case here. Interestingly if you crunch to the figures, on average 1 in 31 gun owners in the US will have their weapon used to cause a death or an injury each year. Seems a tad high to me, though admittedly this includes self inflicted one. Other interesting things include that you are four times more likely to accidently shoot someone in your home than you are to shoot and intruder in your home, and you are four and a half times more likely to be shot with your own gun if you get in a fight than you are to shoot the other person. Seems on that last one GZ got lucky.
Acting suspiciously? Walking is suspicious now? Holy **** man.....
As noted previously, it was just the walking that created the suspicious behaviour, it was the combination of factors, the hoodie, the rain, the cold, the dark, looking at houses as he wandered. I guess the question I'd have to ask is what do you think a person would have to be doing to be considered as acting suspicious?
No, it was, without a doubt, Zimmerman act the way Zimmerman did. Martin cannot dictate what someone else does. Sorry, not buying that BS story.
You should read the discussion I've been having with NBS on this very topic. It's true that TM could not make GZ decide to do something, but at the same time, his actions can influence GZ to make the decision. Based on the 911 call, the weather, and what TM was wearing, if I was in the neighbourhood watch, I'd have rung the police too.
So, walking through the neighborhood is suspicious
In certain circumstances, yes.
and running away from some dude who is following you
I have yet to see evidence that GZ was following TM yet. At first I assumed he followed his slowly in the car for some distance, but from the 911 call that seems to be wrong, that he spotted him as he passed TM and then pulled over and watched him before calling the police. If there is other evidence on this I'd be happy to see it to clarify what did happen. Certainly at the time TM ran, GZ seems to have ben parked on the side of the road talking on the phone to the 911 dispatcher. GZ describes TM approaching the vehicle, then running. If you were sitting ina car watching someone you felt was suspicious and they walked towards your car, looked at you, then turned and ran, would you consider that move evidence of suspicious behaviour?
then being chased by the person
There is little evidence that GZ chased TM, he did follow after him, but he'd lost sight of him and then went the wrong way. That some really good chasing.
depends what he did next. If he actually approached and attacked GZ, then yes, if GZ approached and attacked him, then no.
Please tell me you don't actually believe that load of horse excrement.
I go where the evidence takes me, not where I want the truth to be, or where it's good for my biases to go. That means not ignoring evidence I don't like. Currently the evidence is that TM was doing something more than just walking that attracted GZ's attention and made him suspicious. There is no evidence disputing it, only people not wanting it to be true so discounting it without cause.