• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all ... people still use myspace ? With that out of the way ....

Between the website, the twitter account, the reports of calling the prosecutor, hannity, etc ... these things are straining my credulity of a picture of a sane GZ. Now this myspace thing ...

Asked about the significance of the letters “tb” at the end of the username, the family member insisted that they did not stand for Trayvon Benjamin, his shooting victim’s first and middle names.
“They called him ‘Tugboat’ because he was so big,” he said.

While the family member insisted that George “had forgotten all about that page,” TheDC confirmed that the account was actively being used every day between April 6 and April 11. By default, MySpace shows a “last login” date on its users’ pages.

If they can show he actually had that username even as little as 4 months ago, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Until then ... idk

Yeah, if that nickname is new since the shooting, he's toast.

Otherwise, it's of no significance.
 
Zimmerman needs better lawyers

The rules for confidentiality in the context of a lawyer-client relationship are unequivocal. The American Bar Association’s rules for professional responsibility state that “a lawyer shall not reveal information relating to the representation of a client unless the client gives informed consent.” (There are also a few other circumstances that don’t apply here—for example, a lawyer can talk about the representation if he thinks his client is about to kill or hurt someone, or if the client is suing him.) The Florida bar has adopted a version of the same rule. The duty of confidentiality extends beyond the time of the representation—forever. Lawyers have had anguished battles with themselves over whether to reveal that a client told them that he committed a crime someone else was convicted for, even after the client’s death.

And yet, here come Sonner and Hal Uhrig, breaking off that representation on television in a series of statements that reveal all kinds of confidential information that could potentially hurt their former client. The lawyers said Zimmerman, who killed Martin in February and has made an embattled claim of self-defense, was "not doing well emotionally" and "may not be in complete control of what's going on." They also said, taking umbrage, that he’d called Sean Hannity without going through them. Maybe it’s not a good sign if Hannity is your lifeline, but Zimmerman has the right to talk to anyone he wants. Uhrig and Sonner seemed most concerned that Zimmerman wanted to talk directly to special prosecutor Angela Corey on his own. Yes, that’s odd and probably a bad idea—Corey reportedly said, wisely, that she would only talk to Zimmerman with his counsel. But this is not a fact that Zimmerman’s lawyers should be making public. Since the lawyers also said that Zimmerman hasn’t been calling them back, it’s very hard to see how he could have consented to their amazing release of information.

When I asked NYU law professor and ethics expert Stephen Gillers whether Uhrig and Sonner had broken the rules, he emailed back: “Jaw dropping. Literally. I struggle to find the appropriate adjectives to describe their behavior. The clip will be useful in legal ethics classes under the heading 'HOW NEVER TO BEHAVE.' ”
 
Welll, this isn't going to help GZ at all.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/11/z...nsists-on-innocent-explanation/#ixzz1rmpam8ur

His nickname on MySpace was "datniggytb"? Really? His family assures us there is an innocent explanation for that.

When I read that was his name i also thought it would hurt him but the families explantion came to mind too.

When my sons black friends would greet him they many times would say things like how is it going ******.

Edited, breach of rule 10.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Locknar
 
Last edited by a moderator:
First of all ... people still use myspace ? With that out of the way ....

Between the website, the twitter account, the reports of calling the prosecutor, hannity, etc ... these things are straining my credulity of a picture of a sane GZ. Now this myspace thing ...

Asked about the significance of the letters “tb” at the end of the username, the family member insisted that they did not stand for Trayvon Benjamin, his shooting victim’s first and middle names.
“They called him ‘Tugboat’ because he was so big,” he said.

While the family member insisted that George “had forgotten all about that page,” TheDC confirmed that the account was actively being used every day between April 6 and April 11. By default, MySpace shows a “last login” date on its users’ pages.

If they can show he actually had that username even as little as 4 months ago, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Until then ... idk

Isn't there something that tells you when an account was created? Regardless, using that word, despite his claims that he got the nickname from his "black friends", is not convincing. Frankly, nothing about this person seems sane or normal, especially his killing of Trayvon Martin. I suspect all the people who hitched their wagon to this guy are in for a bad time.
 
To me that should be murder one. A reasonable person knows that can cause death that judge was ridiculous.

Here's the way I've always understood it, and IANAL.

Murder one is you find out your wife is cheating, so you grab your gun, go find her, and kill her.

Murder two is you walk in on them in the act and kill in a fit of rage. No premeditation, but intent to kill.

Manslaughter is you didn't mean to kill, but your voluntary actions led to death, like drunk driving or shooting a gun in the air and a bullet lands on someone.

Involuntary manslaughter is you accidentally killed someone, but you should have seen it coming, like you carried a gun where you shouldn't and dropped it and it went off.
 
broken nose

I know we are way past the broken nose thing ... but I saw this link and the irony about kobe bryant getting a broken nose and minor concussion in the 2012 all star game (feb 26, 2012) seemed too much to pass up.

Broken nose, minor concussion ... finished the game.


ETA : I guess I need to go see how to properly embed a youtube video....done .. maybe not ..ok, got it now. doh.
 
Last edited:
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...s-she-thinks-his-killing-was-an-accident?lite

Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton told the TODAY show Thursday that she believes her son’s fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident.

“I believe it was an accident, I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn’t turn the clock back," she said. "I would ask him, 'Did he know that that was a minor, that that was a teenager and that he did not have a weapon?'” she added.

I'll bet someone has now been told to shut up...
 
I know we are way past the broken nose thing ... but I saw this link and the irony about kobe bryant getting a broken nose and minor concussion in the 2012 all star game (feb 26, 2012) seemed too much to pass up.

Broken nose, minor concussion ... finished the game.


ETA : I guess I need to go see how to properly embed a youtube video....done

Not a good comparison. Kobe Bryant is an alien Cyborg sent to earth to dominate human sport.

(although as a Laker fan I may be biased on this point)
 
Here's the way I've always understood it, and IANAL.

Murder one is you find out your wife is cheating, so you grab your gun, go find her, and kill her.

Murder two is you walk in on them in the act and kill in a fit of rage. No premeditation, but intent to kill.

Manslaughter is you didn't mean to kill, but your voluntary actions led to death, like drunk driving or shooting a gun in the air and a bullet lands on someone.

Involuntary manslaughter is you accidentally killed someone, but you should have seen it coming, like you carried a gun where you shouldn't and dropped it and it went off.

You don't necessarily shoot to kill, but to stop the attack. You can intentionally shoot someone without the intent to kill them.

A woman being raped can pull out a gun and shoot the rapist. The intent isn't to kill the attacker, but to stop the rape the only way she can.

I think Zimmerman's lawyers would use a similar line.

They might say that Zimmerman could have shot Martin in the head if he intended to kill him, for example.
 
I do not beleive Zimmerman set out to kill but I am willing to beleive he let his prejudices over ride his common sense, if he had jsut kept an eye on the the boy instead of getting out, following then creating a confrontation it is likley he woulld still be running the neighbourhood watch, but it beggers the question, do they vet these neighbourhood watch people before allowing them to operate?
 
Last edited:
Welll, this isn't going to help GZ at all.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/11/z...nsists-on-innocent-explanation/#ixzz1rmpam8ur

His nickname on MySpace was "datniggytb"? Really? His family assures us there is an innocent explanation for that.
I really don't know what to make of it. It's bizarre beyond belief. Why TB and not TM? Why would anyone use the word "niggy" who wasn't black? It's such a provocative term I wouldn't use it regardless of what anyone called me. I'm having real difficulty just imagining it from any view point.
 
I really don't know what to make of it. It's bizarre beyond belief. Why TB and not TM? Why would anyone use the word "niggy" who wasn't black? It's such a provocative term I wouldn't use it regardless of what anyone called me. I'm having real difficulty just imagining it from any view point.

I don't think we can get an answer to these questions without confirming our bias.

They are, as you said, bizarre and I think unanswerable.
 
I really don't know what to make of it. It's bizarre beyond belief. Why TB and not TM? Why would anyone use the word "niggy" who wasn't black? It's such a provocative term I wouldn't use it regardless of what anyone called me. I'm having real difficulty just imagining it from any view point.

Just goes to show you: Be careful what you put out there on the internet, as it may come back to haunt you when you kill unarmed teenagers.

(Come on, be honest. Who hasn't been tempted, at least once?)
 
Had they revealed anything *said in confidence*, (outside of certain obvious exceptions) that would be one thing.

There is no law that prevents an attorney from talking about their client or former client in general.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl/code/CRule_4-1.6.htm

Nothing quoted so far would require a release from Zimmerman. They haven't heard from him, they are concerned for his well being, they have pulled out because of his behavior...


Despite all the wild speculation as to what that 'means', and in spite of all the backbiting from other attorneys, it doesn't violate the rules.
 
Last edited:
... it beggers the question, do they vet these neighbourhood watch people before allowing them to operate?


Some neighborhoods have found out the hard way that they should when the homeowners association got sued.
 
Just goes to show you: Be careful what you put out there on the internet, as it may come back to haunt you when you kill unarmed teenagers.

(Come on, be honest. Who hasn't been tempted, at least once?)

Too true. Just last week, I was on my way home from a hearing about me assaulting a police officer, when I chased a guy 14 miles because he cut me off. Doubling back, I realized I was in a zone prohibited by the restraining order my ex-fiancé put on me, when I saw a suspicious teenager who I shot.

But then again, who hasn't been there, done that?

;)
 
His new attorney needs to jump on GZ's family and pronto. Tell them to stay off the TV shows and keep their damned mouths shut.

GZ's brother is telling the not so news folks that TM was holding his hand over GZ's mouth and nose so GZ couldn't breathe. Wait, if that's true, who was screaming? How could someone whose face was covered and couldn't breathe, scream for 40 odd seconds?

Here's where it gets intriuging. According to media reports of what Travyon Martin's father said about what the Sanford Police Chief told him about what George Zimmerman claimed (you with me so far?) on the night, being somothered was the original "in fear of life" reason for George shooting.

Now that was before witnesses appeared claiming no time gap between screams and the gunshot. If George wanted ownership of the screams he would have needed another reason to fearfor his life, ie smashed nose and cracked skull.

It may be that RZJr now sees that medical reports do not support that and had gone back to the original statement.

Moving on, I have seen another claim on the internets which casts doubt on "head being pounded into sidewalk" claim. But it's only an single, unconfirmed (by me) source, so while I can't help it influencing my opinion of what happened, I refrain from using it as an argument point. But I'm an pseudonymous poster on the Internet, trust me on this.
 
Between the website..
IMO the website shows an individual who is of average or slightly below average intelligence. But that's how I always pictured him :). Frankly it's more his emotional makeup/maturity I wonder about.
the twitter account
What twitter account? The only Twitter account I saw was the one linked to here which looks to me to be a super obvious put-on.
..the reports of calling the prosecutor, hannity, etc ... these things are straining my credulity of a picture of a sane GZ.
Well he clearly does not have good judgment.
Asked about the significance of the letters “tb” at the end of the username, the family member insisted that they did not stand for Trayvon Benjamin, his shooting victim’s first and middle names.
Using his victims first and middle name doesn't even make sense.
While the family member insisted that George “had forgotten all about that page,” TheDC confirmed that the account was actively being used every day between April 6 and April 11. By default, MySpace shows a “last login” date on its users’ pages.
His family members don't seem too sharp either.
If they can show he actually had that username even as little as 4 months ago, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Until then ... idk
If he chose that user name after the shooting he deserves to go to jail just for stupidity.
 
Here's where it gets intriuging. According to media reports of what Travyon Martin's father said about what the Sanford Police Chief told him about what George Zimmerman claimed (you with me so far?) on the night, being somothered was the original "in fear of life" reason for George shooting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ayvons-death/2012/03/28/gIQA6MKhhS_story.html

Tracy Martin said the police told him 'trayvon put his left hand over his (gz) mouth, and beat him with the other hand.'

I guess that is within the possibility of smothering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom