• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been in jail and don't want to but I think GZ would be safer if he stayed in jail. The media will attack him like a wild pack of dogs.

I just want things to follow the legal, proper course of action and whatever the decision is, that's justice. If I were GZ's attorney, I think I'd go for trial by judge instead of jury. It's tricky either way but I think that would be the better choice.
I think you make a number of good points. Now that the process is moving forward I do fear for Zimmerman's rights. Obviously not impossible but given the media attention, difficult. Yeah, I think a trial by judge a good idea in this case.
 
If I were GZ's attorney, I think I'd go for trial by judge instead of jury. It's tricky either way but I think that would be the better choice.
Good thinking. When I went up for court martial, my lawyer told me that if you are arguing facts, you have a better chance with a jury. If you are arguing law, trust a judge.

Z has to really manipulate the facts to make it look like he had reason to smoke Martin. He doesn't look like he is exactly married to the truth to a lot of laymen here.
 
Okay, is it normal for a prosecutor to say something like the investigation was driven by the search for justice for Trayvon? I understand the need to sound confident in your decision to prosecute but implying that that was your cause from the beginning sounds more like you were searching for guilt rather than simply facts. I may be hearing her wrong but finding that there are no charges to be filed could hardly be called justice for Trayvon so I can't see how that statement to apply to anything other than convicting Zimmerman.

Well, as she explained in the press conference, part of her job is to advocate for the victim. I'm not aware of any obligation she has to be impartial. And since she's charging Zimmerman with a crime, I think it's safe to assume she believes he committed it, and maybe even operated under that assumption while investigating. As long as she didn't manufacture evidence, I don't see that as problematic.
 
Well, as she explained in the press conference, part of her job is to advocate for the victim. I'm not aware of any obligation she has to be impartial. And since she's charging Zimmerman with a crime, I think it's safe to assume she believes he committed it, and maybe even operated under that assumption while investigating. As long as she didn't manufacture evidence, I don't see that as problematic.

I am not accusing her of manufacturing evidence. Given there were two investigations into this, I don't think that is something any prosecutor would be able to pull off. I've just never heard a prosecutor talk like that before.
 
:jaw-dropp WTF?

Can't be real. If that's real, he's just toast. And also if that's him, it perfectly explains how a guy with such poor judgement finds himself going down for murder.

Yeah, It's just a little too perfectly narcissistic to feel real.
 
I am not accusing her of manufacturing evidence. Given there were two investigations into this, I don't think that is something any prosecutor would be able to pull off. I've just never heard a prosecutor talk like that before.

You've never heard of a prosecutor as advocate for victims?

They even have a person on that job full time.

http://www.kalcounty.com/opa/victim.htm

One of many similar offices I found. It seems like being an "advocate" of the victims of a crime is boilerplate. Which aspect of this do you find surprising?
 
And by the way, if there's any question whether this charge and arrest was motivated by politics or new evidence, it seems pretty clear that there must be new evidence as law enforcement was said to be previously prohibited from making an arrest based on evidence they had at the time.

"Zimmerman provided a statement claiming he acted in self defense, which at the time was supported by physical evidence and testimony," Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte Jr. wrote in a letter released publicly Wednesday evening. "By Florida Statute, law enforcement was PROHIBITED from making an arrest based on the facts and circumstances they had at the time."

Link.
 
The more I read it, the more I'm thinking it's him. It has the same wording as his website. Could be a hoaxer, but it's very convincing. Where did you get this from?

It was in an article, mentioned in conjunction with his website. Unfortunately, I closed that window and can't remember which of the sites it was.
 
And by the way, if there's any question whether this charge and arrest was motivated by politics or new evidence, it seems pretty clear that there must be new evidence as law enforcement was said to be previously prohibited from making an arrest based on evidence they had at the time.

Hmm. Seems like it would be rather easy to have the main motivator be politics and still satisfy the letter of the law.

I'm not claiming this is the case, BTW. I just don't think what you posted discounts a political motivation in the least.

ETA: or it could even be simpler in that the sanford city manager was mistaken in his interpretation
 
Last edited:
It was in an article, mentioned in conjunction with his website. Unfortunately, I closed that window and can't remember which of the sites it was.

Google is unhelpful. I'm sure if that's really him we'll know soon enough.

Whites in Sanford & surrounding areas, listen up: You need to get out now. Or be armed and ready to use it.

If that is indeed him, we have our motive, don't we?
 
Hmm. Seems like it would be rather easy to have the main motivator be politics and still satisfy the letter of the law.

I'm not claiming this is the case, BTW. I just don't think what you posted discounts a political motivation in the least.

Oh, I don't doubt politics played a role. I'm sure a lot of people in Florida government are sighing in relief. But if that initial report is true, they couldn't have simply arrested Zimmerman because it was politically expedient. They needed new evidence.

ETA: or it could even be simpler in that the sanford city manager was mistaken in his interpretation

Good point.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom