• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Need some more help with dealing with apparent "woo"

Joined
Jan 21, 2011
Messages
697
Hi folks,
I already started discussion about Stephen M Phillips,who claims to find correlation between superstring theory,kaballah and theosophy.You know my deep dislike about the notion of "shadow matter" and "subtle bodies",especially where 2 goes together.This is what Phillips try to reconcile.The reason I opened the new thread is that I don't want to put your attention to WHOLE article(which was the point of previous article).I'll post just one piece of the article,that bothers me right now,and then will post how I try to deal with it,hoping for your help.So,please,don't read the whole article,read only the part 6 is named "The UPA as a 11-brane".
http://www.smphillips.8m.com/article-2.html

I must honeslty say that I don't understand much of what he say,because to I'm not so goo ini neither superstring theory nor in kaballah/theosophy.But I tried to find some points in what he say,that are clearly speculatuive or not scientific.I will mark in bold the points that bother me and how I try to deal with it

So,let me start:
"Up till now, theorists have had to define ordinary and shadow matter as singlet representations of the other’s unified gauge symmetry group because they could not explain why the gauge symmetry group E8 appears twice in the symmetry group describing superstring forces free of quantum anomalies. My theory provides a natural explanation of why these two kinds of matter appear in superstring theory: an 11-brane can wrap around either ten or five curled-up dimensions of the higher, 15-dimensional space. The former creates an ordinary matter superstring; this is the UPA with its ten whorls. The latter creates a shadow matter superstring, which is predicted to comprise five whorls."

Problem: seems just assertion.Can his claim about "an 11-brane can wrap around either ten or five curled-up dimensions of the higher, 15-dimensional space." be proven? Doesn't it seem as just assertion without evidence?

Then he goes into long talk about how "ultimate physical atom" corresponds to the "tree of life " of kaballah,but let focus on this:

"If this correlation between whorls of the UPA and tree levels is correct, then equations 3 and 9 indicate that the shadow matter superstring with five whorls created by the alternative wrapping of a 11-brane around the curled-up dimensions of S×C should have two, not three, major whorls. The significance of this may be that the three major whorls of the UPA correspond to the Supernal Triad of Kether, Chokmah and Binah, or what Theosophists call the three ‘Logoi’ (in Christian parlance — but not in Christian interpretation — the ‘Holy Trinity’ or ‘Three Persons of the Godhead’). This means that the second major whorl corresponds to the Second Logos, the so-called ‘Outpouring’ from which is the life-force that Hindus call ‘prana,’ whilst the interpretation in Section 10 of shadow matter as etheric matter means that the superstring predicted to have five whorls is the basic unit of etheric matter, the pranic energy contained within which may be one of the energy-fields of the shadow matter superstring. Lacking a third major whorl corresponding to the Third Logos, whose Outpouring is Fohat, the shadow matter superstring builds up only the subtle vehicle of physical consciousness — the etheric body, not its outer shell, which is assembled from superstrings of ordinary matter by means of the form-building forces that have their source in Fohat."

1.If this correlation between whorls of the UPA and tree levels is correct - big if indeed

2.Lacking a third major whorl corresponding to the Third Logos, whose Outpouring is Fohat, the shadow matter superstring builds up only the subtle vehicle of physical consciousness — the etheric body, not its outer shell

How can he know that?Doesn't seem that just assertion without solid foundation?

Also,we can claim that all these claims are unfalsifiable.

This is how I try to deal with it,trying to find reasons not to take it as something serious and true.

I know it sounds strange,but it seems like this guy "forces" me to accept what he is writing but I try to "counter" him...

So,any thoughts?
Any help will be appreciated
Thank you
 
Well I like the way bananas taste. I enjoy eating bananas a few times a week.
I also like banana pudding.

I really should buy a pair of new shoes this weekend as well.

Hope that helps.:)
 
Kabalah theosophy and string theory are about as non sequitur you can go (science/religion) that is what brattus tryed humorously to say, but he should have added sarcasm tag :D.
Yes,he says that he demonstrates the correlation between the number of whorls in what he calls "ultimate physical atom"(sub-quark) and numbers in different levels of "tree of life" in kaballah
 
Well I like the way bananas taste. I enjoy eating bananas a few times a week.
I also like banana pudding.

I really should buy a pair of new shoes this weekend as well.

Hope that helps.:)

Well its obvious that you're well endowed in slippers :)
 
Yea,just numbers,that what bothers me.Whan he "demonstrates" how "ultimate physical atom" is actualy representation of kaballistic "tree of life",meaninng that number of whorls corresponds to tree levels...something like that.Could it all be made up?On one forum I got such response : it is all speculative association
 
incoherent in a TimeCube incoherent kind of way. The author has decided something is true, then has contrived, cut, tortured and contorted science, religion and the English language to provide a superficial assemblage of what would pass for evidence if you had just thrown up after a drinking binge and hadn't yet removed the hair from over your eyes.

That the author would take his article seriously makes me cringe inside...
 
Thanks for the responses.But I found something more.Let's say that UPA consist of 10 whorls of ordinary matter.His equation of 3:3:4,that first 3 matches one triad in some level of "tree of life"(don't remember exactly what),and second 3 matches some other triad,and 4 matches some quaterly - well,it seems at least that this can be manipulated
 
Thanks for the responses.But I found something more.Let's say that UPA consist of 10 whorls of ordinary matter.His equation of 3:3:4,that first 3 matches one triad in some level of "tree of life"(don't remember exactly what),and second 3 matches some other triad,and 4 matches some quaterly - well,it seems at least that this can be manipulated

All you have found what some random guy on the internet has written in his document. So what? Nothing more has been found.
 
All you have found what some random guy on the internet has written in his document. So what? Nothing more has been found.
Ok,but the my question was,how seriously he can be taken?Is that serious consideration?Is that science?Pseudoscience?Just ramblings?...
 
Ok,but the my question was,how seriously he can be taken?Is that serious consideration?Is that science?Pseudoscience?Just ramblings?...


It's gibberish. Meaningless strings of words. He can't be taken seriously. Any more time you give him is time you'll never get back.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom