Natural Born Skeptic
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2007
- Messages
- 1,459
It was quite responsive. How illogical of you to think it wasn't.Your post is non-responsive.
re·spon·sive/riˈspänsiv/
Adjective:
1. Reacting quickly and positively.
2. Responding readily and with interest or enthusiasm.
I believe my response even met both definitions, I responded quickly and with interest and enthusiasm that you enlightened me about such complex subjects.
I certainly hope you aren't being critical of yourself there. As an example, if someone were to politely ask you to state whether you accept that an expert can do what he claims he can do, irregardless of whether a court will or won't allow the testimony, and you were to respond with some simplistic condescending screed that you seem to think is difficult to grasp, that might be an indication of "gotcha".Thank you. For those arguing semantics looking for a gotcha.
Then again, on reflection, that's probably less a gotcha reaction than it is a defensive reaction from feeling threatened when you get asked questions you don't like that expose your intellectual obfuscation.
Or the premises are correct and therefore lead to the conclusion. One which I might add, was clearly stated as an opinion. But if you'd care to tell us which of these premises is incorrect, I'm all ears:Your premises implicitly assume the conclusion.
- A claim being made by one person (as far as I'm aware Owen and Owen alone has made the claim he can do this using this software)
- that is not backed up by current standards in the field (I believe this has been established but enlighten us if it has not)
- that in fact turns them on their head and blows them away (this is clearly a subjective opinion, though one which i think most would share)
- that has not been peer reviewed (the software was released in March, but if you aware of peer reviews and acceptance of this new process and that it's no longer necessary to have a certain number of samples I'd like to read about it)
And here is the opinion.
to be an extraordinary claim? I guess this is where is differ. I find it quite the extraordinary claim.