Right - but whether you
need them or not is open to interpretation by the doctor. Not worth arguing about anyway.
I don't see how that's relevant. Again, saying an injury requires stitches denotes a level of severity. That's what Zimmerman's lawyer did.
Honestly, IDK how I feel about a lawyer lying in a media interview, in general. And circumstances are important. Yes, a blatant lie is more egregious than a questionable statement or using loaded language. If GZ told his attorney 'they said I should have had stitches' - then the attorney is simply is repeating what he was told - no problem.
All that does is shift the lie from Zimmerman's lawyer back to Zimmerman himself. I'm not sure how that makes it "no problem". It's still a lie.
I don't want to engage in tu quoque - but - if I can show you clips of benjamin crump (the martins lawyer) blatantly lying, will you censor censure him in the same way as GZ lawyer ? I'm not claiming it's ok - I just want you to treat them equally for it, fair enough ? That will cast doubt on anything the martins say ?
Well, except that the Martin family lawyer - nor any of Martin's family - were not
there that night, so everything they say about the altercation between Martin and Zimmerman is automatically taken with a grain of salt. Zimmerman is the only living witness (if you'll recall, he killed the other guy), so what he tells us about what happened is supposed to be factual, not speculation.
He gets treated on the scene - declines to go to hospital. He just shot and killed someone and is probably in some sort of shock/denial/ecstasy/whatever.
He shows up at police station with clear signs of lacerations on the back of his head ( see what I did there ? )
I sure do. It's called assuming facts not in evidence. Also known as "making s*** up".
...and after he goes home and all the adrenaline wears off , he wakes up the next day and decides it hurts enough to go to the hospital.
You don't get stitches because your wound "hurts". You get stitches because it won't close.
Someone at the hospital mentions, "you should have had stitches". GZ tells his family/attorney 'They said I should have had stitches'.
Putting the great big assumption you made aside, you still have to account for how a wound severe enough to require stitches one day didn't even merit a band-aid the night before.
You can disagree with that narrative (and obviously do). But I don't think you can claim it's fantastic or far-fetched.
So now "fantastic" and "far-fetched" are the standards? How about "improbable" or "unlikely". Zimmerman's story simply does not fit the evidence.
I suppose we can turn ourselves into pretzels trying to
make it fit, but I personally don't see why any of us should have to work so hard to make Zimmerman's case for him.