• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you insist on saying "screaming" instead of "screaming the word help" that is your prerogative.

Let me rephrase:

I would say most anyone would agree it would be much harder to compare just a scream with a spoken word than it would be to compare a screamed word with a spoken word.

There is a big difference between a "scream" and a "screamed word". Yet you keep saying the former and not the latter.
I have made the point before that the screamed word was "help".

OK you keep saying that, but the new tech (that appears to have been proven to you that it is completely different than the old tech even though you claim it isn't) doesn't need to have the same word. Isn't that what that paper SG linked to said?
And where can I see the published works detailing this awesome new tech?
 
I don't know but it's been addressed.

  • Zimmerman claimed he was the one screaming.
  • If Zimmerman is excluded as the one doing the screaming then he lied.
  • No Martin match is needed.

Exactly. Excluding Zimmerman would seem a lot easier than trying to match perfectly the voice to either Martin or Zimmerman. All you need is a "not even close" result and Zimmerman's story vanishes.
 
....
Maybe. I suggest you read the NY time article I linked to earlier today. It goes more into 'character' for both GZ and TM. It doesn't paint a racist picture of GZ.
I think people mistakenly think that if you have a racist/stereotypical view of a black kid in a hoodie you must have to also be a racist all the time in all circumstances. Even people who aren't racists per se can be affected by racist stereotypes under certain circumstances.
 
Just because I was curious about that lack of blood from the victim on GZ's shirt or jacket I thought I'd look into the subject and get away from the rehashing going on in the thread.

Principles of Bloodstain Pattern Analysis - Theory and Practice

Warning: there are some very gross 'OMG where's the head in that bloody mass' pictures in this link.

It's hard to imagine why there is less than an obvious amount of TM's blood on GZ. If they were in close contact with each other as they would be if they were in the struggle GZ claims they were in, where is the blood?
 
So skimming the lit for "back spatter" it appears that one should see it with a close range shot, not with a longer range shot and not in all cases. Guess we have to wait for the autopsy.
 
Hey WildCat, I know I said I was gone, but I just read this, and it's so hilarious I had to come back and make sure you see it. Here is what this joker Ed said on the Laurence O'Donnel show:

i listened to the 911 recordings and listened critical listening skills that i have developed over the last 28 years of my career. the voice is like a symphony and used my skills to determine what i have already declared.
And this guy is one of the top "experts" in the country, teaching other people to be "voice identification experts", and testifying in court cases. I wonder if he's put any innocent people in jail with his "minds eye, voice is a symphony" technique? How dare we think these guys are promoting woo?!

As for Mr. Owen he says he testified in a case in Connecticut using this method, in a murder trial. Hey, that's 1 our of 50?! Someone should look into that trial and make sure he's not putting an innocent man in jail (or helping a guilty one stay out).

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-word/46934308/#46934308

With that said I will now let the door hit me again on the way out as you debate this insanity with randfan and others.
 
With that said I will now let the door hit me again on the way out as you debate this insanity with randfan and others.
:) Hi NBS. You couldn't help yourself. See my sig file.

Since you are reading this, could you please figure out what fallacies are? Yours are getting old.
 
Zimmerman's family is much wealthier than Martin's, and now I read that the NRA is creating a legal defense fund for Zimmerman.

So kindly explain why the money points towards one conclusion over another? Why not say the voice is Zimmerman so Zimmerman hires him?

Or does the conspiracy go deeper than any of us realized?

Wolfinger, Lees, and Robert Zimmerman sr, were all at a Stonecutter's meeting that night, but can never admit to that. :boxedin:
 
Hmm. I would have thought the need for stitches is at least a little subjective.

Not really. It denotes a level of severity.

"I cut my hand the other day."

"How bad?"

"I needed stitches."

I also expect the attorney to do everything necessary to win a case for their client. I am not sure bending the truth in media interviews doesn't fall under that obligation.

So Zimmerman's lawyer can go on television and blatantly lie, and we're all just supposed to shrug our shoulders? How about if he says Martin was in a coma or rendered paralyzed because of the altercation? Would that be okay, too?

The bottom line is that the story we're getting from the Zimmerman camp does not line up with the facts. It therefore places everything about what Zimmerman claims happened that night in a dubious light.

And maybe GZ did go, and can prove he went to the hospital the next day.

The narrative would then be that Zimmerman received a severe scalp laceration during the altercation but didn't go to the hospital, showed up at the police station a short while later with no apparent signs of this laceration, and then went to the hospital the next day to get stitches for a wound that didn't even need a band-aid the night before.

I don't see how that makes a lick of sense.
 
Last edited:
Really? In what universe does, "not enough evidence to make a decision," equate to, "I've decided a verdict"? That's the problem with you reducing this to some dichtonomy that doesn't exist, you conflate wanting all the facts with belief of innocence.
Really? It seems you've been happy to speculate when it supports the claims of Zimmerman/his lawyer (e.g. the supposed severity of wounds that may or may not be visible in some video footage), but anyone else's speculation that may cast doubt on them, or attempts to contextualise the whole event, seems to touch a raw nerve.

I don't think Zimmerman woke up that morning, picked up his gun, and thought, "I'm gonna get me a burglar today," but neither do I think it likely on the information that we have at present that Martin attacked him in the way he claims.
 
Hello folks.

Has the unedited version of the Z 911 call been released yet? I have no reason not to believe them that the word that is cut out is [the bad word for buttholes] but I would like to hear how Z says it.
 
I don't know but it's been addressed.

  • Zimmerman claimed he was the one screaming.
  • If Zimmerman is excluded as the one doing the screaming then he lied.
  • No Martin match is needed.

What if it excluded Martin as well? Would it mean that neither one of them actually screamed or that the quality of the recording being compared is just not high enough?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom