• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medics don't (to my knowledge) use things like that. Yes, they do work, however, there are inherent problems.

The biggest being if it doesn't work, sutures are much more difficult later.

The next one would be that those type of products are designed for superficial cuts and such. Not major head wounds. ESPECIALLY head wounds.

IMO, head wounds that require anything more than pressure for 5 minutes to stop the bleeding, should always be checked by a doctor. And that is my professional opinion.
Well, unless someone has found a copy of the run sheet that I asked about a while back, the word 'lacerations' came from the police officer's report, with no indication that he was speaking as a medical professional.
Some cops love to insert big words into ICRs, drives the desk crazy.

So that alone may or may not have indicated anything from minor scratches to the big gashes being speculated on. Without knowing what they were on the scene, it is hard to gauge what they should have looked like later in a video.

I expect the actual initial medical assessment will play a big part in determining how much 'fear for his life' Zimmerman was reasonably in.
 
Well, unless someone has found a copy of the run sheet that I asked about a while back, the word 'lacerations' came from the police officer's report, with no indication that he was speaking as a medical professional.
Some cops love to insert big words into ICRs, drives the desk crazy.

So that alone may or may not have indicated anything from minor scratches to the big gashes being speculated on. Without knowing what they were on the scene, it is hard to gauge what they should have looked like later in a video.

I expect the actual initial medical assessment will play a big part in determining how much 'fear for his life' Zimmerman was reasonably in.

Does it make any difference to the reports or the treatment that it was the SFD that treated Zimmerman?
 
Did the paramedics bother to record that he was an ignorant sack of fail who didn't want to take the precaustions that normal protocols would require for the injuries that he now claims?

Yes, I saw the report and the check box next to 'ignorant sack of fail' was definitely checked :rolleyes:
People less obviously injured have been known to tip over all of a suddeen withion a couple of hours. (Ever hear of Nastasia Richardson?)
So your evidence that he shouldn't have refused treatment is a person who also initially refused treatment ? :confused:
They have one crappy camera if that punk we see in the video is as badly injured as he has confabulated himself to be.
So you are already blaming the camera ? So noted.
 
You also forgot that all evidence collected by the police is always released to the public and if there is no mention of any police work then it did not happen.

That's one thing that's been bugging me from the beginning. The Martin family lawyers were calling for the release of details in an ongoing investigation. At first, I was wondering why lawyers wouldn't know that police are not in the habit of releasing such evidence. Really, I am beginning to think this is more about controlling public opinion as a setup for a lawsuit.
 
For any that may be interseted in procedure:

Order on Motion for Statutory Immunity from Prosecution

IT IS THEREFORE ORDERED AND ADJUDGED that the Defendant, Jorge Saavedgra, is immune from criminal prosecution in this case pursuant to the provisions of 776.012, 776.013 and 776.032 Florida Statutes.

Of course, the facts of that case have no real bearing on this but it is a good illustration of the procedure.
 
I guess vigilante justice is only wrong against some people. For others, not so much. Can we tone down the mass hysteria before more innocent people get hurt?

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012...iller-of-trayvon-martin/?mod=google_news_blog

From the comments:
Even if he’d tweeted the correct address, it’s a clear violation of Twitter’s Terms of Service. He should lose his Twitter account immediately and very publicly so that other people understand why this was a very stupid thing to do. Step up, Twitter, and do the right thing.

I don't use twitter, but if this is true, he should lose his 'verified' account. It will probably matter little to him, but may help restrain others from similar actions in the future.
 
Does it make any difference to the reports or the treatment that it was the SFD that treated Zimmerman?

Not really, most of Central Florida employs firemedic. You can't be a fireperson without being a trained medic, and vice versa. The only nonfire medics, I believe, are from private companies.
 
Does it make any difference to the reports or the treatment that it was the SFD that treated Zimmerman?
Why would it make any difference if they were working for the FD, or rescue squad, or some ambulance service? EMS training in Florida is standardized.
http://www.fl-ems.com/RulesStatutes/rulesreghome.html

Their report is more likely to use medical terminology accurately than the police report.

Does anyone have a link to any person with medical training describing the injuries on the scene?
 
Last edited:
From the comments:
Even if he’d tweeted the correct address, it’s a clear violation of Twitter’s Terms of Service. He should lose his Twitter account immediately and very publicly so that other people understand why this was a very stupid thing to do. Step up, Twitter, and do the right thing.

I don't use twitter, but if this is true, he should lose his 'verified' account. It will probably matter little to him, but may help restrain others from similar actions in the future.

I think both GZ and the family that he terrorized should sue and bankrupt Spike Lee. Given he has a strong following and is considered a public figure, his actions have a much stronger reaction than Joe Schmoe, which gives him a greater accountability for each action. That was reckless and dangerous, given the heat of this situation and pretty much proves that he doesn't care for justice, he wants vengeance.
 
Not really, most of Central Florida employs firemedic. You can't be a fireperson without being a trained medic, and vice versa. The only nonfire medics, I believe, are from private companies.

Is this because they were the nearest medics and so they either got the call, or got there first?

Have we heard any info on the calls to dispatch SFD?
 
Is this because they were the nearest medics and so they either got the call, or got there first?

Have we heard any info on the calls to dispatch SFD?

No, the public emergency response in Central Florida, and as far as I know Brevard and Indian River Counties have combined paramedics with the fire department. Anything medical would be a fire rescue response.

ETA: I am getting this confused. I know this is how it is in Orange County, but I think Sanford is outside of OC. I might be wrong on this one.
 
Last edited:
Why would it make any difference if they were working for the FD, or rescue squad, or some ambulance service? EMS training in Florida is standardized.
http://www.fl-ems.com/RulesStatutes/rulesreghome.html

Their report is more likely to use medical terminology accurately than the police report.

Does anyone have a link to any person with medical training describing the injuries on the scene?

That's where I was going. I was wondering if they were the same level as calling EMS.
 
No, the public emergency response in Central Florida, and as far as I know Brevard and Indian River Counties have combined paramedics with the fire department. Anything medical would be a fire rescue response.

I was wondering if there'd be another description of Zimmerman's injuries in the call for medics for comparison.
 
I'll try to look up a link and sorry if it's been posted, but another report states that Trayvon had not defensive wounds on his hands or knuckles. No abrasions there of any kind, which would undercut the idea that he'd been pummelling Zimmerman's head.
 
That's where I was going. I was wondering if they were the same level as calling EMS.
Somewhere there should be a run sheet with the usual checklist of on the scene information.

No matter who they were with, their choice of words, i.e. lacerations vs. abrasions, would likely be more useful.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom