As it was a DAO pistol that would be the theory.
I am sorry, I don't know what DAO means.
As it was a DAO pistol that would be the theory.
And now the lack of visible bruising on a low-res surveillance video is evidence?New video, shows Zimmerman with no bruises at police station.
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/0...-george-zimmerman-on-night-of-shooting-video/
I am sorry, I don't know what DAO means.![]()
A lot of people in this thread are really hung up on the neighborhood watch thing, as if it's actually relevant. It's an informal organization that has no legal bearing at all. Joining a neighborhood watch imposes no responsibilities at all on the individual, you may as well claim he broke the rules of the boy scouts.
I am sorry, I don't know what DAO means.![]()
That is so far from the reality, or even common sense, as to invite ridicule.
Provoked the fight by following? By questioning? Even by shoving or grabbing?
And that forfeits any right to defend one's self no matter what danger emerges from the confrontation?
Zimmerman's claim to self defense is looking a little puny right now, but not because of that bit of imaginary jurisprudence.
And now the lack of visible bruising on a low-res surveillance video is evidence?
Christ on a stick, this is reminiscent of truthers who claim the airplane that hit the World Trade Center had no windows so was obviously a drone, offering low-res video as proof.
...and people's perception of chaotic events is extraordinarily flawed during the actual event. If you had asked the officers who shot Amadou Diallo what happened DURING the shooting, they would've said that Diallo has a gun and he'd just shot one of the other officers. If you asked them afterward when they had time to look around and take a deep breath, they would've said that the other office actually tripped and wasn't shot and that Diallo didn't have a gun after all.
In other words, her 911 call was DURING the incident, this is more flawed than testimony after.
And now the lack of visible bruising on a low-res surveillance video is evidence?
Christ on a stick, this is reminiscent of truthers who claim the airplane that hit the World Trade Center had no windows so was obviously a drone, offering low-res video as proof.
I am sorry, I don't know what DAO means.![]()
Last I checked it was a misdemeanor battery at most... far from a forcible felony.If a stranger chases you at night and then shoves and grabs you, that's clearly assault, is it not?
Do tell, what legal weight do neighborhood watch rules carry?He knew those rules existed. Presumably, he knew why those rules existed. He decided that in that moment, they didn't apply to him. That's reckless and irresponsible.
And now the lack of visible bruising on a low-res surveillance video is evidence?
Christ on a stick, this is reminiscent of truthers who claim the airplane that hit the World Trade Center had no windows so was obviously a drone, offering low-res video as proof.
There are multiple laws in Florida, the one on SYG and the ones on other forms of justifiable use of force, which have been posted repeatedly, and discussed, and explained.
No one was in a SYG situation, in the position that Zimmerman claims he was, 'standing' was impossible, and therefore moot, but his 'fear for my life claim' fits directly into a different section of the statutes... as cited.
Perhaps you should take your own advice and actually read them all.
Or swallow the media's wild jump to erroneous conclusions, I really don't care.
As I mentioned many pages ago his friend Oliver said he had lost a lot of weight since his 2005 mug shot, and was down to 170lbs.It's funny how things are spun. I really thought of this guy as a fat ass that couldn't haul himself more than a few yards without wheezing. I wasn't skeptical of that at all.
Do tell, what legal weight do neighborhood watch rules carry?
False analogy. There are criminal actions whereby one can forfeit their life on the spot... *merely* being in a fist fight isn't one of them.
If you are interested in discussing the law, I'd appreciate it if you would take the time to learn what it actually is, instead of using wild assumptions and butressing them with debate team argumentation.
Well, how long does it take for a bruise to really show?
I know a black eye takes a while to develop.
His face is down, the whole time. There is one part where the officer is looking at the back of his head but when he walks toward the door, I can't even see so much as a scratch. He was supposedly treated at the scene so there might be a reason why there is no blood. I don't know, though.
At right about 1:04, he walks, placing his back to the camera, and then looks down. When he looks down, you can see an egg right where the back of his head curves into his neck and I can't tell if it's a trick of the light or an small gash right at the curvature from the top of his head to the back. It looks kind of big and my experience with head wounds is that even the tiniest of cuts bleed like the dickens. Naturally, he's wearing a red jacket so claiming lack of blood from the head wound is difficult, but I would expect to see some blood, somewhere. I still don't know.