• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's such thing as an in-waistband holster? That's gotta be pinchy and uncomfortable.

At any rate, I'd think a gun on the inside of your waistband would still be fairly conspicuous; unless you have to reach all the way into your pants to draw it. Wouldn't the gun handle be sticking out above the waistband?


I never wear the inside the pants ones. They're REALLY uncomfortable.

The way this type of holster is designed, is that the majority of the barrel and slide is concealed beneath the waistband. The rest, just a small portion of the slide and the handle is visible above the waistband. However, people wear them under shirts, so as to conceal them.

He was also carrying a Kel-Tec PF9 which is a skinny framed 9mm.

As opposed to my Glock .45 that I carry, it's relatively skinny, and very lightweight.
 
It's unbelievable how much falsehoods are being repeated in this thread, especially by ones who just popped in throwing around their ill-informed assertions while at the same admitting not reading any of the thread. I swear everything is getting repeated every 3 to 5 pages.
3,000+ posts. Just about everything that could have been said has been. No one is forcing anyone to stick around.
 
Then, in the next paragraph, you call the fact that they are close enough to verbally communicate, evidence that Zimmerman chased down Martin. That is an assumption since there is not a single player or witness to that detail. How is the fact that they are close enough to verbally communicate evidence of one person's act and not the other?
Z had, as was his announced intention, placed himself between the last place he saw Martin and a place to which he might have been headed. He interdicted Martin's path. That qualifies as chasing somebody.

It probably violates Chapter 787.02(1)(a) as well.
 
Source.

Note: I'm picking up more info on this with each article and post I read.
Well a lot of what you are just picking up has been sorted out or even outright disproven much earlier, so don't take it personally if people don't want to rehash it.

Anyway, whether the pot claim was against Zimmerman or against Martin...

No, that wouldn't stop you from getting a permit. Convicted felon, adjudicated incompetent, or medically determined to be addicted to narcotics is a far cry from your list.

http://app1.licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/firearms/prequal_questions.aspx
 
Source.

Note: I'm picking up more info on this with each article and post I read.

In the same year (2005), Zimmerman's ex-fiance, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order, alleging domestic violence. In retaliation, Zimmerman filed for a retraining order against Zuazo and both these claims were resolved with both restraining orders granted.

I would just like to point out that in any other thread, this would really turn into a bunch of people citing articles about the law treats women in DV situations with kid gloves, usually assuming that the man is the violent one, despite the fact that women are usually the initiators of DV.

The next year, in 2006, Zimmerman was charged with speeding. However, that case was dismissed because the officer who charged him failed to show up at the court.

Really? A *********** speeding ticket? I guess we are all potential killers. :rolleyes:
 
Z had, as was his announced intention, placed himself between the last place he saw Martin and a place to which he might have been headed. He interdicted Martin's path. That qualifies as chasing somebody.

It probably violates Chapter 787.02(1)(a) as well.

Wait? He placed himself between Martin and his home? Where is this in the story?
 
You mean the witness who admits she didn't actually see it and told reporters a different story than she told the police? That witness? :rolleyes:

You mean the one who is tainted now, and won't be allowed into evidence because of the Sanford Police? That one?
 
It's on the police report, and medical records will be available in a trial but not released to the public.


No, a wound is in the police report. As is a bloody nose. Nothing about it being broken, and nothing about a fat lip either.
 
Well from what I've read, Florida doesn't issue permits to alcoholics, drug-addicts, and "mental incompetents" and Zimmerman was on record as violently resisting a police officer, being accused of domestic violence, and being ordered to undergo alcohol education, as well as having possessed an empty marijuana bag at one point in his past...so I assumed that there was no way he would be able to have a concealed weapon. It would be sad if I was wrong.

IMO, it's unfortunate that he was allowed to plea his case down to resisting arrest without violence, because even giving a false name to police is RAWOV.

He was then allowed to participate in a pre-trial diversion program, so no convictions are on his records, only arrests.

But, in Florida, if you're convicted of one of those crimes, and you do your time, and 3 years have passed, you're eligible for a CWP.

I don't like it either.
 
I suspect that Nancy Grace is salivating over it even as we speak.

Both the shooter's and the victim's behaviors will certainly be portrayed by one side as contributory, and the other as reasonable.

This isn't an insanity defense because Zimmerman's claims of reasonable belief are based on things that apparently did happen.
In what fashion they happened we don't know, but he isn't claiming that he had to shoot the victim because he was a vampire.

I will repeat something I said a while back... in the 4 or so previous incidents where Zimmerman has been involved in allegations of violence, his version of the story has matched the textbook appropriate defense every time.

Which is what we could also expect from an innocent person.

How many coincidences do we believe though?
Do you believe that there is a reasonable defense that takes into account Zimmerman's threatening behavior and aggressive actions towards Martin, as well as Martin's established non-aggressive evading of Zimmerman? It's hard to imagine Zimmerman being able to say much outside of "Yeah when I was on the phone with you I was pissed and swearing and following him against your advice and ran after him when he ran away, but when you guys got off the phone and all the witnesses weren't looking he turned into 140-pounds of crazed-black-fury and attacked me from behind while simultaneously talking to his girlfriend and expertly imitating a pre-fight conversation where he asks why I'm following him and then doing my voice asking why he's around here in order to make it appear that there was not yet another moment where he did not act aggressively and I continued to pursue the situation instead of leaving him alone."
 
Before anybody bothers to explain ... let me ask a pragmatic question.

Just like GZ had no idea of TMs past, the opposite is true. So, I assume this is an exercise to determine how 'prone to violence' or something GZ is. Will it make a difference ? Will it change your opinion on what you believe happened ?

And now .... go look at the page. They changed it to 3 :rolleyes:

What are you talking about. Changed it to 3? The headline has been 3 the entire time!! Go look at RandFans post! The one you chastised. 3 being new news is the whole point.

I almost didn't click RandFans link because you immediately claimed it was old news. If RandFan hadn't put the headline with the link I would never have found out about the violent battery on an officer charge.
 
I don't know what is up with Zimmerman's lawyer. He has made quite a few statements about what went down that night, the condition of his client the night of the incident, and what was on the police report. Then, in an interview that I read, yesterday, he admits to not reading the police report, listening to the 911 tapes, or speaking to Zimmerman about the incident. WTH?

Do you have a link for that? I find that QUITE amusing!! In fact, almost Stundie worthy!!

Awesome failure!!
LOL
 
Maybe that's because the charge was reduced to "without violence", as has been posted numerous times, and what one would discover with the slightest bit of google fu...

But don't worry about it...it's not like facts matter or anything...

Right. I just covered that in the post you quoted! All charges were dismissed. That was the whole point of the article. It is questioning whether that happened because he was a son of a judge.

Nothing changes the fact that no one posted in this entire thread until almost post #3000 that he was charged with "violent battery on an officer". People talked about the other charge plenty.
 
Last edited:
3,000+ posts. Just about everything that could have been said has been. No one is forcing anyone to stick around.

Actually, there is usually something new or useful every page or three.

This thread could use a sticky FAQ though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom