• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in applying later for a citizen's ride-along academy, Zimmerman wrote in a sworn statement that his father was a retired Virginia 'Supreme Court magistrate'. There is no such thing, in VA a magistrate is a justice of the peace - marriage licenses and such, no trial authority and IIRC almost no pay.

The hilited claim you made is wrong.
VA does not have a JOP.
The clerk of the CIRCUIT court issues marriage license.
Please read below and let me know where it mentions marriage licenses ?
http://www.bvso.net/Documents/The Office of The Virginia Magistrate.pdf

No. Magistrates function as paper shufflers. Other duties mentioned below can include marriage licenses.
The executive secretary for the entire court system, who works for the Supreme Court, oversees magistrates as well. They are in no way shape or form Supreme Court judges.

No one claimed they were supreme court judges ? Least of all, me.

In VA, a magistrate is an independent judicial officer appointed by the Executive Secretary for the Supreme Court of Virginia. Responsibilities include conducting criminal and civil judicial hearings.

We get marriage licenses from the county clerk.

See that hilited part - I copied it verbatim from the Fairfax county job posting. Please don't tell me it's wrong, and Fairfax County doesn't actually know the duties of the Magistrate ?

OK... you were wrong, as your link clearly shows.

They are not trial judges, they act as JPs, they are not Supreme Court judges, and under 'other duties', a magistrate out in the boonies (If you think Fairfax and Orange counties are the same, you know nothing about Virginia), a marriage license is one of the pieces of paper that a magistrate can process after the wedding ceremony if for any reason the county clerk isn't there.
So, moving on, that gives the the 'son of a judge, so they fixed this case' meme a delousing and debunking, and that gives GZ a false statement on an official application to detract from his credibility in any future trial.

No one claimed they were trial judges. No, they don't act as JP's - VA does not have JP's.

I live in VA. In Fairfax county, to be specific. WTF does Orange county have to do with anything. Zimmerman is claimed to have lived in Manassas, which is Prince William county.

Please stop. You were wrong. Move on. This is silly.
 
Last edited:

Damn, I don't know. The accounts I read said that - I'll check.

He re-enrolled in 2009 and was working toward an Associate in Arts degree in a general studies program, according to the college.

I can't find any different. I fixed my 'factual statement' again - see this is why I should have stayed away from the snark :(
 
Last edited:
I thought Zimmerman said he reached for his phone?



Well in that case you stared the fight so...

Well, if what Zimmerman said is considered factual here, then we can all go home. :D

I started a fist fight, sure. Fist fights are not normally to the death.

It is not normal to continue to beat someone and bang their head on the pavement after they have gone down and it's clear you have won.

It wouldn't be normal to stand over me and continue to kick me in the head, for example.

Once you continue that way, I can't break off the fight and concede like I want to. I have to resort to deadly force if I have it. You are going to seriously injure or kill me if I allow the beating to continue.

So, I defend my life with my handgun, since all other options are out, and likely face a much lesser charge than murder.
 
Say, what did you think that part of the post meant?

Or did you just ignore it to get a jab in?

Or what? :D

It was a reference to this event. I'm not sure how that is confusing for you.
 
It was a reference to this event. I'm not sure how that is confusing for you.

Cool! I love to explain stuff.

He said "in this case" meaning in this one particular instance and not in every instance.

You said "Blacks guys are always the thugs eh?" in response.

You replied as if he had said the opposite of what he actually said.

That's what confused me.
 
The only thing that bothers me about that scenario is that he was talking on the phone whilst he would have been hiding. And we don't have any mention of it being in "hushed tones".

There's also the matter of I've seen the place on various "from the scene" news reports and via Google Earth and in the area between the townhouses there just doesn't seem to be any functional hiding places at all, unless one were to suggest he entered one of the homes.
 
Well, if what Zimmerman said is considered factual here, then we can all go home. :D
It also fits the evidence. Including giving Martin a reason to swing on him.

I started a fist fight, sure. Fist fights are not normally to the death.

It is not normal to continue to beat someone and bang their head on the pavement after they have gone down and it's clear you have won.

It wouldn't be normal to stand over me and continue to kick me in the head, for example.

Once you continue that way, I can't break off the fight and concede like I want to. I have to resort to deadly force if I have it. You are going to seriously injure or kill me if I allow the beating to continue.

So, I defend my life with my handgun, since all other options are out, and likely face a much lesser charge than murder.
Why is it more likely even though you started the fight?
 
Last edited:
The only thing that bothers me about that scenario is that he was talking on the phone whilst he would have been hiding. And we don't have any mention of it being in "hushed tones".
OK, maybe Martin was hiding behind a wall or something, saw Zimmerman go straight through the cut-through to Retreat View Circle (i.e. towards the back entrance he was convinced Martin was heading towards). Martin continues to watch until he's convinced Zimmerman's not coming back, then makes his move just as he does. That means there's only a small window where he might not speak to his girlfriend (I don't think it was said that he was talking constantly).
 
He said "in this case" meaning in this one particular instance and not in every instance.

He was actually being snide by rehashing my statement that Zimmerman was the thug in this case by changing Z's name with Martin's. When I said "in this case", I was referring to this specific event. His insistence that Martin was the thug, without any real evidence and despite the evidence of Z's statements and actions lead me to conclude that he might generally consider the black guy a thug.
 
The hilited claim you made is wrong.
VA does not have a JOP.
The clerk of the CIRCUIT court issues marriage license.
Please read below and let me know where it mentions marriage licenses ?
http://www.bvso.net/Documents/The Office of The Virginia Magistrate.pdf



No one claimed they were supreme court judges ? Least of all, me.



See that hilited part - I copied it verbatim from the Fairfax county job posting. Please don't tell me it's wrong, and Fairfax County doesn't actually know the duties of the Magistrate ?



No one claimed they were trial judges. No, they don't act as JP's - VA does not have JP's.

I live in VA. In Fairfax county, to be specific. WTF does Orange county have to do with anything. Zimmerman is claimed to have lived in Manassas, which is Prince William county.

Please stop. You were wrong. Move on. This is silly.
You keep proving my point.

Zimmerman and the media claiming that his father was a retired Supreme Court judge, and the claim that GZ's prior troubles were fixed because of his father's lofty position, are cited right here in this thread. Your 'no one claimed that' is false.

VA doesn't have JPs, the magistrate fills that position, which is what I said... you repeating me, then making the strawman claim that I said that clerks don't *issue* licenses, and then snarking that 'I'm wrong, move on', is neither correct, nor useful.

The magistrate system was established in 1974 to replace the justice of the peace system. While magistrates are not judges possessing trial jurisdiction, they are an integral part of the judicial system and are judicial officers of the commonwealth of Virginia. The principal function of the magistrate is to provide an independent, unbiased review of complaints brought to the office by police officers, sheriffs or their deputies, and citizens. Magistrates are not police officers, nor are they in any way connected with law enforcement. Instead, magistrates are issuing officers serving as a buffer between law enforcement and society. Most magistrates are not lawyers; however, they are specially trained to perform such duties as issuing search warrants, subpoenas, arrest warrants, summonses, and setting bail
http://www.roanokeva.gov/85256A8D0062AF37/CurrentBaseLink/N255CPP9236CFIREN

County clerks issue and file marriage licenses, they are not the only one who can perform the marriage process, and sign the license, the minister ( and in some cases, the magistrate) can also do that processing of the license.

You'll have to continue your 'victory by snark' derail without me, I've provided the facts, spin them all you want.
 
Last edited:
He was actually being snide by rehashing my statement that Zimmerman was the thug in this case by changing Z's name with Martin's. When I said "in this case", I was referring to this specific event. His insistence that Martin was the thug, without any real evidence and despite the evidence of Z's statements and actions lead me to conclude that he might generally consider the black guy a thug.

Okay, but technically it's not possible to say who the "thug" was in this incident yet, despite the fact that one shot the other.
 
Especially given that Zimmerman thought Martin was heading to the back entrance. He could have driven there and headed him off.

Zimmerman indeed thought Martin was heading for the back entrance; which makes me fail to understand why he was so worried. Why not just let Martin leave the neighborhood and goodbye? I mean, he saw Martin from the time he entered the complex and he hadn't broken into any houses, so why would it have been so bad for the (blank)hole to "get away"? What would he have been getting away with - walking slowly?
 
Okay, but technically it's not possible to say who the "thug" was in this incident yet, despite the fact that one shot the other.

That's true. But if we are going to label someone a thug at this point. The evidence points towards Z more than it does M.
 
You keep proving my point.

Zimmerman and the media claiming that his father was a retired Supreme Court judge, and the claim that GZ's prior troubles were fixed because of his father's lofty position, are cited right here in this thread. Your 'no one claimed that' is false.

I didn't see that claim in your post. I didn't claim it. I was responding to THIS POST

And in applying later for a citizen's ride-along academy, Zimmerman wrote in a sworn statement that his father was a retired Virginia 'Supreme Court magistrate'. There is no such thing, in VA a magistrate is a justice of the peace - marriage licenses and such, no trial authority and IIRC almost no pay.

MAGISTRATE - NOT JUDGE.

AFAIK, writing Supreme Court magistrate is accurate enough for someone writing what their father does, as all the magistrates are appointed by the Executive Secretary for the Supreme Court of Virginia.

As far as the rest of it, people can read the posts and figure out who was wrong about what they posted.
 
Last edited:
Well, that's just your opinion.

It's the picture the current evidence paints. Hopefully, the picture will become more clear as more information comes out. However, I'm not going to bother repeating what has been said on this thread. If you can't see the evidence for what it is, I'm sorry.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom