bonzombiekitty
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2011
- Messages
- 1,848
How is that consistent with Martin asing "why are you following me"? Wouldn't "get out of my way" or something to that effect be more likely?
One scenario, assuming Zimmerman approaches from behind:
Zimmerman comes up behind him, Martin says "why are you following me?", small verbal confrontation ensues, Martin tries to leave, Zimmerman, who is undoubtedly convinced Martin is up to no good, either grabs him or moves to block his path to keep him from getting away so that the cops can show up.
ETA:
Note, this is given what I perceive to be Zimmerman's state of mind at the time and trying to make Zimmerman as innocent as possible given that. Given that he chased after Martin, was upset that "they always get away", and seems to have confronted Martin (at least close enough that he was clearly audible over the phone if Martin's g/f is telling the truth). I can't see him not being aggressive here.
I'm betting the real situation is more that when Martin asked Zimmerman "why are you following me", Zimmerman responded with "what are you doing here?" and a small shove, which would account for the phone cutting out.
Not saying that is indeed what happened, just what I envision to be the most likely scenario. Zimmerman COULD be totally innocent, but I'm not inclined to believe that. Martin was not doing anything illegal. Martin was unarmed and was shot by an armed person. Zimmerman was not, IMO, standing his ground since he pursued Martin. I'd like there to be a fair trial over whether or not it was actually self defense.
Last edited: