• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demonizing Zimmerman is/was just as wrong.
The difference is that Zimmerman's public record of a past pattern of violent incidents and deception has probative value, the gossip about Martin and gangs, tattoos, or gold teeth doesn't.
 
The difference is that Zimmerman's public record of a past pattern of violent incidents and deception has probative value, gossip about Martin and gangs, tattoos, or gold teeth doesn't.

Zimmerman's record is minor and old. What a joke of a board this has become.

It's a good thing I was only talking about Martin's actual incidents then as well...

And on that note, I think I'll sit back and wait until they finally get Zimmerman's head on a pike in the town square.

Maybe a few JREF members will be there helping? Next TAM?
 

Um, While I find the use the n-word in any form disgusting.

Those tweets are about what you would expect for a teen male.

I see no particular reason to think anything about him, perhaps he was not thinking about his parents reading them. He smokes blunt in bed or lies and says he is.

But then many kids have alcohol problems in grade school.

Getting high in bed is dumb, tweeting it, double down on dumb.
 
Um, wow, so those who make blanket statements based upon a few posts are just as silly as the people who make those posts. Many have tried to remain neutral.
 
His overall credibility can certainly be called into question by his reported history of claiming to have been on the receiving end of similar attacks before, and his apparent submission of a false statement on his ride-along/CPA application.
What on earth are you talking about?
 
Listen to the background noises in Zimmerman's 911 call after Zimmerman's comment about Martin running.

Zimmerman wasn't chasing someone he saw committing a crime. But he apparently didn't think of it that way. Martin was an ******* that was going to get away if he waited for the cops to show up.

Does any of that ultimately have a bearing on the confrontation/shooting though ?

I understand there are some questions on specific details leading up to the confrontation, such as where specifically GZ parked, did he run, etc.

HOW do those details change the outcome ?
 
First, the evidence 'otherwise' is sketchy at best.

And as pointed out, there is no way Zimmerman could have known anything about the victim's past, and there is no way that the victim's past could be a legal factor in the self defense claim.

There's nothing to hide, Martin isn't going on trial for anything.

He's on trial in the court of public opinion. Obviously public pressure played a part in this case being reviewed by multiple agencies. It's part of the reason this case is where it is today.So, I do think it's somewhat relevant.

And since this is an internet forum, and not a court, learning about either GZ or TM is useful for making educated guesses about what we believe happened.
 
Zimmerman's record is minor and old. What a joke of a board this has become.

It's a good thing I was only talking about Martin's actual incidents then as well...

And on that note, I think I'll sit back and wait until they finally get Zimmerman's head on a pike in the town square.

Maybe a few JREF members will be there helping? Next TAM?
Zimmerman's record is factual, and will be brought up in court. Martin's is internet fodder and won't be.
 
He's on trial in the court of public opinion. Obviously public pressure played a part in this case being reviewed by multiple agencies. It's part of the reason this case is where it is today.So, I do think it's somewhat relevant.

And since this is an internet forum, and not a court, learning about either GZ or TM is useful for making educated guesses about what we believe happened.
OK, I take your point that this case could have remained buried without the public reaction.
 
Last edited:
Wait a minute...one last question...(Why?)

How are the school reports and suspensions in this article just internet fodder?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html


At any rate, I don't think either Zimmerman's or Martin's records will come up.


I've heard 3 versions of why Martin was out of school, none of them at all relevant to his being a menace to society. Assaulting a school employee would get more than 10 days suspension, too many tardies might hold him back a grade, a little pot sounds about right.
Zimmerman's past violent encounters will come up when the prosecutor decides to challenge his credibility and establish a pattern of behavior.
That's going to be too strong a card to not play.

And it would be suicide for Zimmerman's attorney to start talking about gangs, tattoos, gold teeth or the victim's past in school.

His stated defense remains the best option, simply asserting self defense because of fear for his life in the moment, not 'blame the victim'.
 
Last edited:
The source is Zimmerman, "George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch crime captain who shot dead 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, originally told police in a written statement that Martin knocked him down with a punch to the nose, repeatedly slammed his head on the ground and tried to take his gun, a police source told ABC News."

Which, I personally find very.....fishy.

Zimmerman was treated at the scene and released to police custody. If your head is slammed on the ground by someone, you're going to be alot worse off than "treated at the scene. " (which usually consists of a bandaid or some gauze and tape)

Three reasons that you would want to be checked at the ER.

1- Concussions/sutures
2-Unknown head injuries
3-Neck injuries.

If your head is slammed onto the ground, you could have a neck or spinal injury. This is akin to being in a car accident.

Now, could Zimmerman have been treated at the scene and absolutely refused to go to the ER? Sure. Does it make a LICK of sense? Nope. I mean, you're in such fear for your life that you decide to fire your weapon, but afterwards, you're fine to go about your day?

I'm calling bull ****. Bull.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom