Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
Are you going for the obvious, or is 'up until' not a phrase you understand?
Just making an observation.
Are you going for the obvious, or is 'up until' not a phrase you understand?
It raises the possibility that the killer might not have been in mortal fear of his life, but merely losing a fight that he clearly meant to participate in (if he didn't throw the first punch), which means he might not be able to justify using deadly force legally as self-defense.
Arguments for a jury to hear.
It raises the possibility that the killer might not have been in mortal fear of his life, but merely losing a fight that he clearly meant to participate in (if he didn't throw the first punch), which means he might not be able to justify using deadly force legally as self-defense.
Arguments for a jury to hear.
Not if the prosecutor doesn't believe there is enough evidence. That specific part is poor evidence for a whole host of reasons already, and possibly even more reasons we don't know about concerning the witness and if the witness had ever interacted with either man. We don't even know why the witness believed it was the teen yelling and not the man.
Which still tells us nothing either way of the claim of self-defense.
Zimmerman pursued Martin with a gun. Under the "stand your ground" law Martin was entitled to fight if he felt threatened. But then Zimmerman was entitled to shoot if he felt threatened back?
I don't think so. Given the fact that he's the one who approached and confronted Martin, I think it could be argued that Zimmerman had no "ground" to stand.
Zimmerman pursued Martin with a gun. Under the "stand your ground" law Martin was entitled to fight if he felt threatened. But then Zimmerman was entitled to shoot if he felt threatened back?
I don't think so. Given the fact that he's the one who approached and confronted Martin, I think it could be argued that Zimmerman had no "ground" to stand.
This is really beginning to bother me. Once race becomes a matter, there is no winning. There are marches and rallies going on, demanding an arrest. I have nothing against demanding further investigation but demanding an arrest when there is not enough evidence is not how our justice system works.
Now, you may be right and Zimmerman just wanted to shoot a black guy that day, but it's pure speculation on your part and you have no evidence of that at this time.
So, just for chuckles, who here is a Zimmerman "apologist"?Yers, there is no evidence that Zimmerman committed a pre-meditated murder. I mean, aside from:
- The body of the person he murdered
- His recently discharged weapon
- His admission that he shot and killed Martin
- The 9-1-1 call he made where he vowed not to let Martin 'get away'
There's also some not-so-hard evidence, like witnesses claiming to hear Martin screaming for help, the fact that Zimmerman was in his vehicle and at no point could've been confronted by Martin without leaving it, that Zimmerman was a grown man who was 100 lbs heavier than Martin if Martin really did somehow punch his way into Zimmerman's car to start the altercation.
The burden of proof has been by Martin's accusers. If you want to defend him, it's your turn to start offering-up evidence for the claim of self-defense (not that you've taken-on the burden of proof by making the positive claim 'Zimmerman was acting in self-defense').
So let's hear, it apologists: Where's the evidence that Zimmerman was forced to shoot and Martin for his own safety?
So, just for chuckles, who here is a Zimmerman "apologist"?
What, exactly, did they say that strikes you as being "apologists" for Zimmerman?Well, just skimming through the thread, sgtbaker and Wild Cat fit that description.
Funny, that doesn't seem to be what I argued.
And again with the, 'with a gun'. How did Martin know Zimmerman had a gun when he first approached? Any answer to that is speculation without more information.
Whether Martin knew Zimmerman had the gun doesn't matter to my point; Zimmerman chose to bring a gun when taking off after Martin which tells me he anticipated using it. We know from the description of his phone call to the police dispatcher that he intended to keep Martin from "getting away". Do you imagine after referring to him on the phone with the police as one of "these ***holes" that he wasn't going to let get away, Zimmerman ran up to Martin but stopped a few feet away and meekly said "Pardon me, good sir? Might I have a kind word?", and Martin just turned around and attacked him?
We already know Zimmerman had a motive for initiating a confrontation. Martin had his back to the direction Martin was coming from, and had his hood up. He couldn't have even known Zimmerman was coming up behind him.
I've hilited the parts that don't support your claim that Zimmerman needed a security license of some sort.You know what else is missing? Support for your claim that an unpaid volunteer acting as a security guard needs a license.
I don't expect you will be presenting such evidence either.
Awwww... The 'floating pristine bullet' expert weighs in. The legal heavyweight who assured us that when federal law enforcement agents with badges, guns, and handcuffs lock someone up, and that person has to post bond with a federal judge before returning to be tried by that judge on charges of violating the law, that there is no presumption of innocence, because it's purely 'a civil matter'. And now he's here to assure us that in Florida, there is no legal prohibition to a sovereign citizen running around with a gun protecting other people's property. Specifically that there is no requirement that in order for the crime of trespass to have occured, a person be ordered off the property by the owner or an authorized person, not just a random self appointed 'captain'. These words in 810.09 simply don't exist because Wildcat says so. And Zimmerman working security as the link I gave claims? But of course no one in Florida needs a license to work security... because *someone* tells us so. Note that I never claimed that Zimmerman *was* working security in the current case, I asked why the media hadn't been able to find out if he was working as an authorized agent of the owner to protect the property, and if so, whether or not he was licensed.http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/security/about.html http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/security/firearms.html You know Wildcat, now that you've solved this case, you really need to start charging people for all your legal advice, I'm sure you can command every penny it is worth. Maybe you can even take up where Jerry Kane left off .
You brought up 'elected' positions, then you claim you don't care about them before fabricating the strawman that I brought them up.
You have no clue what the requirements are for the officially recognized volunteer Neighborhood Watch program, and after they've been posted, you spin into denial.
Every post about this incident that I've made here has been clearly premised on the available minformation not adding up to a rational conclusion either way, so your claim to the contrary is a deliberate falsehood.
And your whining about being 'insulted' because reality doesn't match your imaginary expertise, does nothing to bolster credibility.
On the other hand, you have shown zero evidence to support your claim that I've been wrong in my posts, and you won't be able to produce any, either.
Go ahead, show everyone where I had no clue about innocent until proven guilty. Show everyone where I simply made up all of that about the Florida statutes, or how criminal prosecutions work. Show everyone where I faked the the links or quotes I posted.
Or keep up the disingenuous tap dancing, and prove yourself to be simply another troll projecting your own tactics onto others. Your choice.
If some homemade group isn't organized volunteers under the nationally recognized Neighborhood Watch program, then it is just a bunch of people calling themselves 'a neighborhood watch', which goes back to the points already made.
I've hilited the parts that don't support your claim that Zimmerman needed a security license of some sort.
You won't be providing any such evidence, correct?
a witnesses to the shooting, told WFTV-Channel 9 in a Wednesday report that police took only a short statement from her, despite repeated attempts to share what she saw at length.
"I said, 'I know this was not self-defense. There was no punching, no hitting going on at the time, no wrestling,'" Cutcher said, adding that she felt the police investigating the shooting "blew us off."
Police spokesman Sgt. Dave Morgenstern on Thursday issued a statement disputing Cutcher's version of events, calling her statements to WFTV "inconsistent with her sworn testimony to police."
"Actually officers who were canvassing the neighborhood looking for potential witnesses, the evening of the shooting, contacted her and she said she did not want to get involved," Morgenstern said.
...
"She did write a statement, for her roommate, and that was only after several attempts by officers who were asking for her information," Morgenstern said, adding that "the information she provided in her sworn statements… [was] consistent with the information Zimmerman provided."
I've hilited the parts that don't support your claim that Zimmerman needed a security license of some sort.
You won't be providing any such evidence, correct?
Which leads right back to not enough information. Who authorized this guy to 'look out for the neighborhood'?
The media says 'self appointed', I still wonder what they are basing that on...
...This lends credence to the media's calling Zimmerman 'self appointed'... In other words, unless the property owner had him authorized and licensed to work armed security, he was a loose cannon.
your claim that an unpaid volunteer acting as a security guard needs a license.
Lie - a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.