• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Homosexual incest - is there such a thing?

Relying on someone else to be your moral compass is lazy and irresponsible.

If you rely on someone else to be your moral compass' butt end, it is still lazy and irresponsible.

lol.....

Not much experience with the good Mr. Prey I take it.
 
True Homosexuality™ isn't creepy, weird, illegal, sick, immoral and/or wrong. So no, there can't be any homosexual incest.
 
It is going to heavily depend on the duration and developmental stage at which you were living as a family.

I'm 2 and get a baby sister. We spent our whole lives knowing each other as family. You really can't see that person sexually.

I'm 17 and get a hot 16 year old sister. Yeah not really gross.

I was thinking along these lines in respect to the OP. The issue for me with step-siblings (whether hetero or homo) is really about the age at which the step family united.

If two people are raised as siblings (regardless of genetics) I would find a sexual relationship to be creepy simply because the sibling relationship is very different from a romantic one.

However, if the step-siblings are in or past puberty when the families unite, I don't see anything immoral or creepy about romantic relationships.

Parent-child relationships are always wrong and creepy to me regardless of the gender or genetic relationship. It has to do with the inequality of the power in the relationship and seems coercive to me. For example I still think Woody Allen is a bit creepy for getting involved with his Mia Farrow's adopted daughter. That would not change if it were a boy.
 
I have no problem with it at all. It would be interesting however to study such relationships, like homosexual brothers who have sex with each other. Especially if they are identical twins. Because this kind of relationship can't produce children, I find it much less "icky" than brother/sister or father/daughter sexual relationships.

My memory is foggy, but I think they had something like this on Jerry Springer many years ago.
 
<snipped>


Of course gay incest exists.

I don't think that there's a damned thing wrong with gay sibling or cousin incest as long as it is consensual.

I am more reserved with remarks on incest that crosses generations, because power and responsibility in relationships become important factors.

I find the subject of brothers, especially twins, rather... interesting.

:)
 
Yes. The Howard Stern show has featured a lesbian sisters on a few shows, you also find it as a niche in some areas of pornography.

I don't know the immediate moral objection without falling back on the moral zeitgeist.

That is so disgusting... but part of me wants to look it up.

I draw the line. If you are attracted to your sibling, there is something not right with you. The only case where there wouldn't be something wrong with you is if you were seperated early in life and then it would be somewhat normal if you were to meet later in life to have, not attraction... but it wouldn't be any different then a women (or man) you met off the street.

I know I read it somewhere, there is some biological, evolutionary, thingamajiggy that just makes you not sexually attracted to family members. So if you are some wires got crossed the wrong way somewhere along the line.
 
Last edited:
So ... in your mind: What is morally acceptable what is not? What should be forbidden by law, what should not - and WHY? And what's the situation in your country or society?

In my mind, anything between two consenting persons is morally right, because morality is a manifestation of human minds, not an objective value. But to me, the closest thing to an "objective" moral law is that: something done within the consent of all the parties involved, as long as they don't hurt someone else who doesn't consent (That means that if a group of people want to make a cult to some God, and they wanna commit group suicide, they should go ahead and do it, provided they don't hurt/force some other third party in who doesn't want to be part of it).

As far as incest, I feel people draw the line where they personally see fit. Some people have been known to marry their cousins (such as J S Bach) and this was never seen bad by society. There is a scientific argument against marriage of siblings which has to do with the genetic outcomes of an inborn between them (which increases the chances of producing a mentally challenged offspring), but this only addresses the subject of reproduction. Marriage doesn't necessarily mean that there will be children.
 
That is so disgusting... but part of me wants to look it up.

I draw the line. If you are attracted to your sibling, there is something not right with you. ...snip...

Why? It seems quite "natural" i.e. many examples of it in the rest of nature.
 
If you are attracted to your sibling, there is something not right with you.
I agree. Same if you are attracted to anyone else in your same family, or someone of the same sex, or of a different race or religion, or who is younger or older than you, or fat, or ugly, or ginger.

So there are a lot of people out there who are 'not right'. What should we do with them?
 
Many societies and jurisdictions have formal or informal bans on incest - sex between very close relatives (siblings; parent and child). I had alwas figured that the main reason for this would be concern for the genetic health of the potential offspring.

I suspect that's more of an ex post facto justification; the "eeew" factor probably played a stronger role at time of enactment.

It follows that other forms of sex between family members such as anal, oral or gay and lesbian practices are not forbidden by our law.

Seems like an oversight in German law.

The incest laws won't change anytime soon - who wants to be the politician who led the fight against the decriminalisation of incest?

If anyone has figures for their state/province/nation please provide, but to my eyes, consensual incest appears to be a pretty rare occurrence. I'm also not aware of any pressure groups pushing for decriminalisation of incest.
 
That is so disgusting... but part of me wants to look it up.

I draw the line. If you are attracted to your sibling, there is something not right with you. The only case where there wouldn't be something wrong with you is if you were seperated early in life and then it would be somewhat normal if you were to meet later in life to have, not attraction... but it wouldn't be any different then a women (or man) you met off the street.

I know I read it somewhere, there is some biological, evolutionary, thingamajiggy that just makes you not sexually attracted to family members. So if you are some wires got crossed the wrong way somewhere along the line.

It's called the Westermarck Effect. It's reverse sexual imprinting, and it only works if you are raised with someone. If you grew up with an unrelated stepsister, you won't be interested in her. If you just meet the long-lost sister you never knew you had, you could be headed for a Greek tragedy.
 
It's called the Westermarck Effect. It's reverse sexual imprinting, and it only works if you are raised with someone. If you grew up with an unrelated stepsister, you won't be interested in her. If you just meet the long-lost sister you never knew you had, you could be headed for a Greek tragedy.

Thanks I knew that had a name and if you read the post you quoted I did make the distinction between siblings seberated.
 
Does finding sibling incest disgusting really require an explanation?

No, but it doesn't advance any logical, rational discussion about the subject, no more than claiming "Eating corn is bad because I personally find the taste disgusting".

Your subjective impression is insufficient. You need to back up your claim with an actual objective, detached-from-personal-emotions argument.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom