• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Andrew Breitbart has died

They're not racist, eh? Not a single one of 'em?

Why don't you watch this...



...and stop wasting time here??

He didn't say not one of them was racist. He's saying there is exaggeration regarding how many racists make up their number, that not all are racist, nor should the actions of a few be attached to the whole.

Funny, the NAACP says the same thing.

ETA: And now, having seen the video...

Yeah, the interviewee was pretty dumb. But in fairness, the interviewer was priming the pump as it were, trying to elicit answers he wanted.

Funny, that seems like the kind of thing Breitbart might have done.

Sorry. He was dishonest.
 
Last edited:
LOL, I had to go check to be sure.

YEP.

It's 2012. So if NAACP, or you, or Lefty, or anyone, try to act like it's 1956, or 1968, you know, people are I am going to smirk a bit....

They do not stand on some hallowed ground because of their past history. They are subject to criticism with respect to their actions and attitude today, just like everyone else.

Tell ya what. Let's argue the reverse case. They cannot be criticized because of their past history of combating racism. Fine. Then the Republicans can never be criticized because they have an exemplary history of combating racism. And that's the message. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back, twice as hard.

FTFY.

So if you feel the NAACP is so unnecessary, where does that leave the John Birch Society?

They dug their own grave ages ago!
 
FTFY.

So if you feel the NAACP is so unnecessary, where does that leave the John Birch Society?

They dug their own grave ages ago!

Are they even still around? I had a brother-in-law who attended one meeting ages ago, and even as far to the right as he is, he walked out. "Those folks are whacked!" (I think that was around 1979, maybe. I'm not sure. Could have been much earlier.)
 
They're not racist, eh? Not a single one of 'em?

I never said that. Just like I'm going to assume that you're not claiming that there are no communist supporters of Obama., but I won't go around demanding that Obama denounce the communists who support him Nice try at a strawman, but you really need to step up your game.
 
...no communist supporters of Obama...

What is that supposed to be? Yet another neo-conservative talking point that has been played ad nauseum? That Obama is a communist is the only issue that non-supporters can think of is really, really, really WEAK!
 
What is that supposed to be? Yet another neo-conservative talking point that has been played ad nauseum? That Obama is a communist is the only issue that non-supporters can think of is really, really, really WEAK!

This whole thread has nothing to do with neoconservatism. And you really need to work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say Obama was a communist, I said that there were communists who supported him. The difference is pretty obvious.
 
So if you feel the NAACP is so unnecessary...
I think they are necessary but who the hell gives a ****?

God almighty, Romney's PAC is unnecessary. Evangelical religion is unnecessary. Republicans are unnecessary. Conservatives are unnecessary. Andrew Breitbart was unnecessary. The right-wing is unnecessary. What does being "necessary" have to do with anything? Hell, if we got rid of every organization that was unnecessary the Republicans would largely be denied their freedom of association.

Won't you please help us. Save the Republicans from irrelevance. Support the constitution. Support the freedom of association.
 
Ahem.

Tips for Not Appearing Crazy on the Internet
"Look at your keyboard. On the left should be a button labeled “Caps Lock.” Now, there should be a light somewhere indicating whether the Caps Lock key is on. You want that light to be off."

Ahem.

The reason for the caps is if you watch the previous video I posted, you will see that people are yelling at each other.

Ahem.

Thus...

...it was a text-based impression of the context of said video.

/Ahem
 
This whole thread has nothing to do with neoconservatism. And you really need to work on your reading comprehension. I didn't say Obama was a communist, I said that there were communists who supported him. The difference is pretty obvious.

...and once again...

There's the word "communism" one more time!

Let me ask you, Ziggy, what does it take to consider someone a "communist"?
 
You know, there are people with good points on both sides, but half the time, a very few of you folks sound more like you're simply here to fight like a couple of nine-year-old queen bee wannbes.

Any chance we could actually talk to one another and learn from one another? Or should we simply start another thread, and take serious conversation there?
 
I think they are necessary but who the hell gives a ****?

God almighty, Romney's PAC is unnecessary. Evangelical religion is unnecessary. Republicans are unnecessary. Conservatives are unnecessary. Andrew Breitbart was unnecessary. The right-wing is unnecessary. What does being "necessary" have to do with anything? Hell, if we got rid of every organization that was unnecessary the Republicans would largely be denied their freedom of association.

Won't you please help us. Save the Republicans from irrelevance. Support the constitution. Support the freedom of association.

I seem to recall there was a thread about how the Occupy movement should "defend it's identity". I think it would be a better conversation if there were a "Republicans Should Defend their Identity" thread!
 
I'm not sure. I mean, that chance could be real slim considering some people already know everything!

That's fine for them. The rest of us who don't, (especially myself), would really welcome the chance to learn a little something.

Assuming those who know everything don't mind. :rolleyes:
 
There was a protest during the Obamacare days where tea party protesters were accused of calling some black congressmen the n-word and spitting on one of them. Here's an example story:
http://www.examiner.com/populist-in-national/tea-party-protesters-shout-******-and-spit-on-lawmaker
The NAACP stood behind those accusations. The problem is, it never happened. Protesters yelled, but there's no evidence that anyone used that word (and there were plenty of people taking video). And Cleaver, who originally claimed to have been spat upon, later backtracked.

A couple of major issues:

First, it's not proven (and can't be proven, really) that "it never happened". I tend to give John Lewis the benefit of the doubt, since he's basically a living hero, but in any case, showing a 30-second film clip can't really disprove much of anything.

As for the claim that Cleaver was spat on, he certainly reacts as though he were:



But whatever. The second problem is that this was not the only claim tat some Tea Partiers were being racist. There were also the placards of Obama as a witch doctor, the "go back to Africa" signs, the recruitment efforts that were posted on Stormfront, and that one idiot with the sign with "the N-word" on it. All of these were documented by the NAACP in their declaration that the Tea Party should toss these particular people out.

And third, of course, even if you were correct, it does not absolve Andrew Breitbart's guilt of using deceptively edited video to defame both the NAACP and Shirley Sherrod, nor his repeated lying about the contents of his own deceptively edited video after his deception was revealed.

If you want to make a thread talking about the absurd stunts that the national NAACP, or some of their local chapters, come up with, then that's fine. I can't see how "black hole" is offensive, and I think burying "the N-word" is a waste of time. But it doesn't change the fact that Breitbart made himself a menace to the innocent.
 
And third, of course, even if you were correct, it does not absolve Andrew Breitbart's guilt of using deceptively edited video to defame both the NAACP and Shirley Sherrod, nor his repeated lying about the contents of his own deceptively edited video after his deception was revealed.
Yeah, nothing to dispute that still.
 
A couple of major issues:

First, it's not proven (and can't be proven, really) that "it never happened". I tend to give John Lewis the benefit of the doubt, since he's basically a living hero, but in any case, showing a 30-second film clip can't really disprove much of anything.

Did you know Breitbart was offering a $10,000 reward for any video that backed up that accusation?

Nobody ever tried to claim the reward. Is that proof? Perhaps not enough for a mathematician, but it's enough for me, given how many cameras were around.

As for the claim that Cleaver was spat on, he certainly reacts as though he were

Yet he backed down from his claim. Why? Perhaps because he wasn't spat on.

But whatever. The second problem is that this was not the only claim tat some Tea Partiers were being racist.

Nobody is denying that some tea party protesters are racist. Just like I haven't seen anyone deny that some Obama supporters are communist. That's not really very relevant.
 
...and once again...

There's the word "communism" one more time!

You're so close to figuring out something important. But you just won't take that last step.

Let me ask you, Ziggy, what does it take to consider someone a "communist"?

Well, generally if a person says they're a communist, I take them at their word. Do you think I am wrong to do so?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom