The Central Scrutinizer
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 17, 2001
- Messages
- 53,099
Well that's cheered me up, being in your mid 40s isn't usually considered young. Now if I could just have the brains!
What would you do with them?
Well that's cheered me up, being in your mid 40s isn't usually considered young. Now if I could just have the brains!
Errrr, according to wiki he was born in 1968. That makes him, uuuuhhhh, a mere slip of a 44. Also,
"He also had some fame in the 1990s as the keyboard player for the pop band D:Ream." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11798071
What would you do with them?
Errrr, according to wiki he was born in 1968. That makes him, uuuuhhhh, a mere slip of a 44. Also,
"He also had some fame in the 1990s as the keyboard player for the pop band D:Ream." http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11798071
I don't mind Cox himself, but the scripts are annoying - especially the way every other sentence ends with 'in the universe', as if there was somewhere else all this might be going on. Plus, of course, a twinge of jealousy at all the wonderful places he gets to say '... in the universe'.I find Brian Cox really irritating - the way he grins all the time and emphasises every large figure/span of time...2 billion years etc. - it's like he's trying to engage the attention of a toddler the whole time.
I enjoy listening to Brian Cox. It's like having cosmology explained to me by Roger Waters.
On the 'Astronomy Live' show John Culshaw did a good impression of Cox, he came on at the end of the piece and they exchanged 'Billions'
I don't mind Cox himself, but the scripts are annoying - especially the way every other sentence ends with 'in the universe', as if there was somewhere else all this might be going on. Plus, of course, a twinge of jealousy at all the wonderful places he gets to say '... in the universe'.
I enjoy listening to Brian Cox. It's like having cosmology explained to me by Roger Waters.
While staring whistfully at the sky?
Haven't we been about 15 years away from fusion for about 40 years now?
Except he's less angry
Hmmm, having now watched the doco I get the feeling fusion isn't likely any day soon. Bugger.
It's no use unless it's boiling waterActually, it's been going on for a very long time.
ETA: I've just realised it's a repeat. Has anyone seen this? Is it worth watching?
As a Queen fan, I wish Brian May would spend more time on science and less on music projects these days.
And women.![]()