• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Dragon Family lawsuit against the United Nations

On what basis do you claim a lawsuit is about finding out the truth? A lawsuit is about placing blame.

The legal system is a framework for finding out the truth. And a lawsuit is a formal means of activating the legal system.
 
The legal system is a framework for finding out the truth. And a lawsuit is a formal means of activating the legal system.

Incorrect, the lawsuit is about establishing loss and assigning culpability. Keenan needs to prove he lost something to which he was entitled and that the defendants should have provided or not taken what he lost.
 
I don't have beliefs.

I have a lot of beliefs. Note that if you trust for example what is said on CNN, then that is a belief! Because it's second hand information. And can therefore have been manipulated, or even be mistaken information.
 
Incorrect, the lawsuit is about establishing loss and assigning culpability. Keenan needs to prove he lost something to which he was entitled and that the defendants should have provided or not taken what he lost.

Sure, but Keenan needs to file a lawsuit in order to get access to the legal system.
 
No, the legal system is a framework for assigning blame.

In order to assign blame, the truth must be ascertained. I wrote that the legal system is a framework for finding out the truth. That's slightly incorrect. The legal system is a framework for ATTEMPTING to find out the truth.
 
In order to assign blame, the truth must be ascertained.

No. Please research and then define for us the legal term "motion in limine," and discuss its effect upon the ability of a court trial to determine truth.

The legal system is a framework for ATTEMPTING to find out the truth.

So you say the truth is unshakable, and the court can ever only attempt to find truth. Hence I repeat my question: are you interested in the truth, or in the lawsuit?

You say you believe the lawsuit to be true. You're the one flip-flopping between identifying the lawsuit as an allegation of truth (as opposed to merely a request to assign blame), and the separation between the legal system and absolute "unshakable" truth. In other words, what you say at any given moment depends more upon which rebuttal you're addressing rather than some underlying belief. How is that different from chain-yanking?
 
So you say the truth is unshakable, and the court can ever only attempt to find truth. Hence I repeat my question: are you interested in the truth, or in the lawsuit?

I'm interested in finding out the truth about the lawsuit. To say: "interested in the truth" is a meaningless statement. Because when the truth is known then there is no option about being interested in it or not. It then just is.
 
Why do you believe it's a problem?

Because you allow nut-jobs and cranks to lead you around by the nose. If you applied some rigor to your beliefs you might not be fooled by every nut-job out there with a YouTube Account. As it is, you're just a lemming being lead to the sea by any idiot with an made up claim.
 
Because you allow nut-jobs and cranks to lead you around by the nose. If you applied some rigor to your beliefs you might not be fooled by every nut-job out there with a YouTube Account. As it is, you're just a lemming being lead to the sea by any idiot with an made up claim.

But I know that a belief is just that and not the same as the truth. So I don't think believing the lawsuit to be true is a problem. If the lawsuit turns out to be false then not even that is a problem if that possibility is taken into account.
 
I'm interested in finding out the truth about the lawsuit.

No. You said you believed the lawsuit was true. You said the courts were a crucible for truth. You said the case had to have some merit simply because it had been "accepted" by the court. Now you're trying to split hairs into some other question.

To say: "interested in the truth" is a meaningless statement. Because when the truth is known then there is no option about being interested in it or not. It then just is.

JREF is full of people who happily deny truth.

Why do you believe the lawsuit is true?
 
No. You said you believed the lawsuit was true. You said the courts were a crucible for truth. You said the case had to have some merit simply because it had been "accepted" by the court. Now you're trying to split hairs into some other question.



JREF is full of people who happily deny truth.

Why do you believe the lawsuit is true?

Yes, I believe the lawsuit is true. That's not the same as saying I know the lawsuit is true. So I'm interested in finding out the truth about the lawsuit.

Why do I believe the lawsuit is true? Because even if it looks outrageous on the surface I think the Eastern powers have been fooling the Western powers for a long time, and the lawsuit fits that idea.
 
Why do I believe the lawsuit is true? Because even if it looks outrageous on the surface I think the Eastern powers have been fooling the Western powers for a long time, and the lawsuit fits that idea.

So the merit of the lawsuit itself has nothing to do with your belief. You believe it's true only because it is congruent with your other conspiracy-theory beliefs.

Okay, I found out what I wanted to know.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom