• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why vegans are simply better people

You know what irritates me about you personally. You want to be liked so very badly. You ache to be liked. you want desperately to make witty comments you are sure your brothers on this forum will find witty and amusing.

Like so many other complete and utter losers found here, you are never interested in saying anything remotely intelligent, you just want to out wit the next funny guy.

You wann be liked.
 
This is the kind of thing I read over and say, "I wish I wrote that." Then I see other comments confirming my superb taste.

I was aiming for a Cain-style post, so I guess I was on target.

In all seriousness I am a lazy, undisciplined piece of **** who is 99.9% vegan.
 
Yah, I grew up eating cottage pie made with hamburger and calling it sheperd's pie, too. :)

I guess the thinking is that sheperd's herd sheep, so their pies would just naturally contain mutton. :)
I'm not going to argue with reverebison for now, so I'll take issue with this from 5 days ago. As I understand things, that is indeed the thinking, but it is the thinking that leads people now to insist on that being the difference, rather than the thinking behind the naming. Indeed I decided for myself many years ago that the difference between cottage and shepherd's pie must be the meat. In the event, I can't find any evidence that this is the case. I've heard the terms used interchangeably for most of my life, and only in recent years heard people insist on that distinction. In all probability, cottagers and shepherds are just peasants whose names are used for a pie made with potatoes, a poor man's food.

As for its being an Irish invention, I can find no evidence for this either, although I suspect it is a tempting belief for Americans who seem to be proud of Irish heritage.
 
Your BMI is 22.
23.4

Why don't you do a calcium scan of your heart or some other test to measure how clogged your arteries are.
I'm in the mid 30s.

Thats why meat and oil do you in. Do you have varicose veins in your legs or feet.

Nope.

Peripheral artery disease.
Nope.

We didn't evolve to handle this much oil and meat,,,,once a month...ok. every freakin day...thats shear stupidity.
Or simple ignorance... kinda like not understanding how punctuation works.
 
Hey lady, why don't you read the many rebutals by your every so polite bretheran here. Politeness isn't rampant here. Being polite and civil here will get you nowhere. My guess is that you, like most here who don't like what I have to say, are obese, overindulgant, selfish little piggie who would much rather spend money feeding herself than putting a quarter in the christmas pot outside the grocery store.
 
Hey lady, why don't you read the many rebutals by your every so polite bretheran here. Politeness isn't rampant here. Being polite and civil here will get you nowhere. My guess is that you, like most here who don't like what I have to say, are obese, overindulgant, selfish little piggie who would much rather spend money feeding herself than putting a quarter in the christmas pot outside the grocery store.
Jesus Christ, if nothing else, can you please at least make it clear whom you are responding to?
 
I am in my mid 30's. who gives a *****. Athlerosclerosis starts occuring in our children for Christ sake. You just don't get it man. The Big macs and James Coney Island's you feed your kids are painlessly, slowly killing them. I guarantee, you in your mid 30's. You have athleroscloris, a painless killer you would not otherwise have without your oil and meat diet. I gurantee you have it.
 
Yes, believe it or not, if you know the harm of all dairy, all simple carbs, all meat and all oils, the foods that are left, the foods we were evolved to eat, you can eat all you want, you can stuff yourself with them night and day, and you won't get fat.

Do you know the harm of oxygen? We need it, but it kills us. The foods we evolved to eat will definitely make us fat if we eat more than we need to use, the only way they wouldn't is if they weren't absorbed into our bodies. We didn't evolve to eat a food if we can't absorb it.
 
The more you talk, the more I want to go eat even more meat.

Btw I had turkey for dinner.
 
I will make this last statment about animals raised for food.

1. I assume you know that a pig, a cow, sheep etc... are highly evolved species. If you don't, then your stupid basically.

2. We bring billions of these highly evolved consciousness into this world to feed us.

3. The conditions in which these consciousness are kept is appalling. Filthy, cramped, disease ridden. No prison on earth could be more horrible than the average facility used to raise food animals.

Edited. Please read your membership agreement, especially with regard to civility and politeness.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Rat
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will make this last statment about animals raised for food.

1. I assume you know that a pig, a cow, sheep etc... are highly evolved species. If you don't, then your stupid basically.
I think it's meaningless. All species currently alive are exactly equally evolved. I don't think pointing this out makes me stupid. And it's "you're".
2. We bring billions of these highly evolved consciousness into this world to feed us.

3. The conditions in which these consciousness are kept is appalling. Filthy, cramped, disease ridden. No prison on earth could be more horrible than the average facility used to raise food animals.
The average perhaps. Not most of the meat that I eat though. The chickens that supply the eggs that I buy have a sodding playground. That you tar all omnivores with the same brush in this regard is a major weakness of your position. And 'consciousness' is not a plural.

Edited by Rat: 
Edited to remove quoted rule breach

For many years, I've taken the side of vegetarians in such arguments in these forums, partly because some of my best friends (and my girlfriend) are vegetarians and vegans, and partly to try to combat the popular perception that they are all rigid and supercilious, self-righteous, sanctimonious prigs. Thank you for sabotaging all of that.
 
Last edited:
Your
Edited by Rat: 
Edited for quoted rule breach
mind needs to understand that although they are animals, they matter.
Yes, they matter.

...look in the mirror and tell me you are not him.
I'm confused, I thought I was the lady. I looked in the mirror, I didn't see Randi. I didn't see a lady.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I will make this last statment about animals raised for food.

1. I assume you know that a pig, a cow, sheep etc... are highly evolved species. If you don't, then your stupid basically.

2. We bring billions of these highly evolved consciousness into this world to feed us.

3. The conditions in which these consciousness are kept is appalling. Filthy, cramped, disease ridden. No prison on earth could be more horrible than the average facility used to raise food animals.
Edited by Rat: 
Edited to removed quoted rule breach

Who are you talking to?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey lady, why don't you read the many rebutals by your every so polite bretheran here. Politeness isn't rampant here. Being polite and civil here will get you nowhere. My guess is that you, like most here who don't like what I have to say, are obese, overindulgant, selfish little piggie who would much rather spend money feeding herself than putting a quarter in the christmas pot outside the grocery store.

Who?
 
:rolleyes:

The royal "you"?

Neat. So you can be incredibly rude to a group of people, while such comments to an individual would get infracted. I'll remember that next time I come close to breaking the MA "no I wasn't talking to you I was talking to you".
 
Neat. So you can be incredibly rude to a group of people, while such comments to an individual would get infracted. I'll remember that next time I come close to breaking the MA "no I wasn't talking to you I was talking to you".
If you really want to discuss it, I'd suggest taking to FM. A better suggestion if you're close to breaking the MA is to move away from that boundary.
 
If you really want to discuss it, I'd suggest taking to FM. A better suggestion if you're close to breaking the MA is to move away from that boundary.

My point is moot now that the post has been infracted.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom