• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Ron Paul racist rant caught on tape!" (note, in quotes)

another one:

ron-paul-blast-em.jpg

That is pretty bad. Where did you get it?
 
OMG, this is hilarious!



Morton Downey Jr, Ron Paul, Guardian Angel activist Lisa Sliwa, and a couple other people screaming at each other with a call from Charlie Rangel thrown in.
 
Last edited:
You cannot expect the guy to be around to approve every publication.

Why on Earth can't I expect that?

Again, the only name on the newsletter was Ron Paul's. Any reasonable person would take that to mean that these were his very own words.

I don't mind too much giving the benefit of the doubt to his claim that someone else wrote them, but they still appeared as first person opinion articles in a newsletter with no other name on it but Ron Paul's. (Essentially, he's claiming his newsletter was ghost written.)

Of course I expect him to approve of every publication!

And apparently, he once agreed with me claiming that he felt the words were all his "moral responsibility".
 
Part three is even more bizarre. The shouting match continues while Downey insults Paul, the audience cheers then Downey tells everyone to let Paul speak as if Downey wasn't ever part of the screaming crowd.



I forgot how bad that show was.
 
What is strange to me is that you can accuse someone with a PHD as writing something stupid without any conclusive proof and it is completely logical to you.

But the two pieces to the puzzle do not fit. I mean, we are trying to say the guy in the video in the OP who has a PHD is like someone like David Duke. It does not seem like the same guy.


Not that it really matters either way, but since you bring it up, Ron Paul has an M.D., not a Ph.D.
 
His supporters are who wrote the stuff.
But only his name appears on these things.

Are you saying he printed these things up himself alone in his basement or something?
That's exactly what they look like.

I found a site with some 50 scans of these newsletters. Elsewhere I see scans of fragments. Everyone agrees that the articles have no other attributions. Look carefully at the various page 1 images (showing the newsletter banner). I see no indication that any other than Ron Paul himself is responsible for the content. It's unreasonable for anyone to think these were written by anyone else other than Paul.

Again, however, I'd be willing to stretch credibility and accept his claim that they were ghost written, but that doesn't excuse him in the least, does it?

http://www.mrdestructo.com/2011/12/game-over-scans-of-over-50-ron-paul.html

ETA: Sorry--the scans are displayed in some weird pop-up display script thingy rather than a nice clean link to a pdf file.
 
Last edited:
Regarding the newsletter, here's some additional information on it from a person who took the time to locate copies and read them:

James Kirchick said:
Angry White Man
The bigoted past of Ron Paul.
​

... Paul’s newsletters have carried different titles over the years--Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report, The Ron Paul Survival Report--but they generally seem to have been published on a monthly basis since at least 1978... During some periods, the newsletters were published by the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education, a nonprofit Paul founded in 1976; at other times, they were published by Ron Paul & Associates, a now-defunct entity in which Paul owned a minority stake, according to his campaign spokesman...

The Freedom Report’s online archives only go back to 1999, but I was curious to see older editions of Paul’s newsletters, in part because of a controversy dating to 1996, when Charles “Lefty” Morris, a Democrat running against Paul for a House seat, released excerpts stating that opinion polls consistently show only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions,” that “if you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be,” and that black representative Barbara Jordan is “the archetypical half-educated victimologist” whose “race and sex protect her from criticism.” At the time, Paul’s campaign said that Morris had quoted the newsletter out of context. Later, in 2001, Paul would claim that someone else had written the controversial passages. (Few of the newsletters contain actual bylines.) Caldwell, writing in the Times Magazine last year, said he found Paul’s explanation believable, “since the style diverges widely from his own.”

... I was able to track many of them down at the libraries of the University of Kansas and the Wisconsin Historical Society. Of course, with few bylines, it is difficult to know whether any particular article was written by Paul himself. Some of the earlier newsletters are signed by him, though the vast majority of the editions I saw contain no bylines at all. Complicating matters, many of the unbylined newsletters were written in the first person, implying that Paul was the author.

But, whoever actually wrote them, the newsletters I saw all had one thing in common: They were published under a banner containing Paul’s name, and the articles (except for one special edition of a newsletter that contained the byline of another writer) seem designed to create the impression that they were written by him--and reflected his views. What they reveal are decades worth of obsession with conspiracies, sympathy for the right-wing militia movement, and deeply held bigotry against blacks, Jews, and gays.


I checked WorldCat.org, and there are only 2 libraries listed which have copies of Paul's newsletters: The Wisconsin Historical Society is listed as the only source for http://www.worldcat.org/title/ron-paul-political-report/oclc/31695178&referer=brief_results and The Ron Paul Survival Report, and the University of Kansas is listed as the only source for Dr. Ron Paul's Freedom Report. If anyone here has the time and inclination to visit Wisconsin and Kansas, and is able to get permission to view the newsletters, we might be able to get additional first-hand information; otherwise, Kirchick is probably one of the best sources as far as a knowledgeable description of the contents goes.

The excerpts available online from some of the articles confirms they were indeed written in the first person. And the fact that some articles were bylined by people other than Paul would heighten the impression readers would get that Paul had actually written the unsigned ones. That seems to me to increase the responsibility Paul had for checking the content of these articles and making sure they accurately reflected his views. If these articles did not really represent what he thought, as he now claims, then he was incredibly negligent -- both in his initial choice of the person he hired to ghost-write for him and in his subsequent failure to monitor the pieces which were being printed monthly for decades with every appearance of being by him.
 
Last edited:
another one:

[qimg]http://cdn1.newsone.com/files/2010/03/ron-paul-blast-em.jpg[/qimg]

"I frankly don't know what to make of such advice; but even in my little town of Lake Jackson, Texas..."

Wikipedia confirms that Ron Paul's residence is Lake Jackson, Texas. The inclusion of this detail in the article seems designed to foster the belief (true or not) that Ron Paul had personally written the articles appearing in his newsletter.

If someone other than Ron Paul was writing these articles, and including personal details about family and residence, it's awfully strange that apparently none of these details contradicted known details about Ron Paul enough to make readers scratch their heads and go huh? Unless, of course, they were deliberately trying to foster the impression Ron Paul had written these.
 
Last edited:
In college a professor, who is sometimes called by the police to identify someone based only on bones, told a class i was in that different races have different bone proportions. He said that the shin bone was proportionally longer in black people. He said that that can help them be faster runners.

Was that a racist thing for him to say?
 


My apologies; I did not read carefully enough.

I skimmed your post, saw the conclusions the person you quoted gave, but didn't click the link to read more so didn't know the person you were quoting had located and read actual copies of the newsletter. I was curious about finding a primary source, so I went to WorldCat, looked to see where copies might be, was able to find the actual newsletter titles, and through that stumbled on Kirchick's piece. I did a hasty search thread for the word Kirchick, didn't see it, and incorrectly assumed no one had posted the article yet.

:blush:
 
He did not write those things. And he shut down the newsletter when he found out the staff whom he had trusted printed that stupidity.

I advise people to stop listening to Progressive Talk Radio. They lie.

Not nearly as much or as well as Limbaugh and his feces eating brethren and sistern.
 
This is a goldmine. Here we go!


If I had to pick one reason not to vote for him, this is it. I think that all of Ron Paul's supporters must either be closet fascists or willfully ignorant.
"Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles!" is their creed and their desire (except, they want to change it to "Amerika (etc.)".........


GoGoGodwin!!!:D
 
Was that a racist thing for him to say?

This is entirely irrelevant to the conversation. Ron Paul wasn't expressing anything like the opinion of a forensic anthropologist (or whoever it is offering an opinion about the ethnicity of a person's skeletal remains).
 
"I frankly don't know what to make of such advice; but even in my little town of Lake Jackson, Texas..."

Wikipedia confirms that Ron Paul's residence is Lake Jackson, Texas. The inclusion of this detail in the article seems designed to foster the belief (true or not) that Ron Paul had personally written the articles appearing in his newsletter.

Yep. At best, the "he didn't write this" defense is the assertion that someone ghost wrote as Ron Paul. I don't think it's less problematic than if he did write it himself.
 
OMFE! That is one of the most horrific pieces of insanity I have ever seen. "Keep a drop gun" in case you have to murder an inner city youth!?!?!?!??!?!!

Daredelvis

Technically, a drop gun is an unregistered weapon that one plants on a shooting victim to make it appear that the person was armed when you shot him. The author is recommending throw-away guns.
 
Not nearly as much or as well as Limbaugh and his feces eating brethren and sistern.

Then give him a call or email him. That is easy and you will probably even get through the screeners or even get a call from him.

Just try to find the email Rachael Maddow when she says something wacky like the Gabby Gifford's shooter was a right-wing racists out to gun down Progressives. I tried. I could not find any way to contact her. I got her partner's email address tho. I did not hear back from either of them.
 
This is entirely irrelevant to the conversation. Ron Paul wasn't expressing anything like the opinion of a forensic anthropologist (or whoever it is offering an opinion about the ethnicity of a person's skeletal remains).

No, but he said they run fast. If that was racist, was the college professor racist?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom