• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why vegans are simply better people

Maybe. Or maybe just wanting to hear everybody else's opinions without imposing his own. I have done it and I assure you I am not trolling. Or, maybe - just maybe - something happened that made it impossible for him to get back. Jumping to conclusions is dangerous. You might fall over a cliff. :eye-poppi
RenessainceBiker's evidence in post #136 is pretty compelling.
 
I like roasted vegan rump. OK, so it's a bit stringy, but if you soak it a while in papaya juice, it's fine.
 
Based on the evidence, I agree.



The OP obviously imposes his own opinion.

Basically, he's a troll. That is not a jump, it's a reasonable conclusion.

I just did what I should have done in the first place - read his post. Why would he need to return? He is one of the few people I ever knew who expressed his own opinions quite thoroughly and then stopped talking. He had his say and quit. No intention of arguing. Not many can do that.
 
Its been known for years now how dangerous sugars and simple carbs are,,,but I bet your reading this with a dougnut stuffed in your mouth and one in your kids...,now our overindulgance in meat and oil has become our biggest killer.

What if I'm stuffing my face with a vegan cupcake? I'm an animal slayer but there's a great place down the street from my school.
 
vegans are cruel despicable people, if you don't eat the animals it means they died for nothing.
 
I just did what I should have done in the first place - read his post. Why would he need to return? He is one of the few people I ever knew who expressed his own opinions quite thoroughly and then stopped talking. He had his say and quit. No intention of arguing. Not many can do that.

Then what he needs to do is go get himself a blog and disable the comments section rather than pretending to put a topic up for debate.
 
Maybe. Or maybe just wanting to hear everybody else's opinions without imposing his own. I have done it and I assure you I am not trolling. Or, maybe - just maybe - something happened that made it impossible for him to get back. Jumping to conclusions is dangerous. You might fall over a cliff.

My conclusions were made based upon the evidence cited by RenessainceBiker. Perhaps you shouldn't give advise you don't follow yourself. :rolleyes:

Also, I use a completely-safe jump-to-conclusions mat. :cool:
 
Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one. Kept in a cage to prevent him from moving and fed bucket milk for a few days until he was butchered. A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perfrom on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

My mother's side of the family are dairy farmers in Vermont. Last winter, my fiance and I went up there for a week to visit. She had never been at a dairy farm, let alone inside of one, so I took her for a tour.

The first thing we came across was a young calf that was only a few days old. It wasn't in a cage, but tethered to a portion of a wall. He had fresh bedding along with a rather snug vest , and was being hand-fed by my cousin, who offered the bottle to Rachel. She instantly fell in love with the creature. My cousin ended up telling her not to get too attached to the creature, because it was going to be veal in a few days and as a matter of fact it was being picked up that day.

Anyway, short story short, my family takes great care of their calves before they're shipped off to be butchered, and they didn't have to look very hard to find a humane butcher that would treat them with the same care.

In other words, you're taking the worst possible situation and attributing it to all meat production. Don't do that.
 
Then what he needs to do is go get himself a blog and disable the comments section rather than pretending to put a topic up for debate.

Are you saying that you cannot offer a topic for debate without joining in the debate yourself?
 
My conclusions were made based upon the evidence cited by RenessainceBiker. Perhaps you shouldn't give advise you don't follow yourself. :rolleyes:

Also, I use a completely-safe jump-to-conclusions mat. :cool:

Did I give advice? Or, did I just post some statements of possibility?
 
I just did what I should have done in the first place - read his post.
And you should have just left it at that but you couldn't help yourself.

Why would he need to return? He is one of the few people I ever knew who expressed his own opinions quite thoroughly and then stopped talking. He had his say and quit. No intention of arguing. Not many can do that.
I find that at best useless and at worst cowardly. Opinions not worth defending are opinions not worth having.

Though I don't at all agree with you I would have ignored your post if the OP were not obnoxiously smug and offensive. It has all the makings of a childish tirade by a petulant self absorbed ignoramus with his fingers shoved firmly in his ears.
 
Last edited:
I do suspect in a century or so folk will look back on our behaviour regarding animals breed and reared for meat production like we look back on those great people from the past who kept slaves!

Depends on how many people are on the planet and how much arable land & clean aquifers we have left. Humans tend to get more cruel when they are hungry.
 
Chickens kept in cages, debeaked to prevent pecking each other after they go insane from not being able to move for the short one year life span they are given to furnish you your eggs.. the list goes on.

We get our chickens and eggs from a local farm. The farm in question, Brookford, boasts about its humane treatment of animals, so we decided to see it firsthand. We went up to the farm when they were holding a Quarkfest, and as part of the tour, were shown how they raise their chickens (along with their cows and pigs :) ).

They have a mobile chicken coop that is hitched to a tractor, that is moved around a rather large pasture to ensure the chickens have fresh grass to eat - the manure is used as fertilizer, so the ground is kept healthy. When the chickens are "deposited" in an area, a large circle of electric fence is set up, and the birds are allowed to roam within the area, eating grass, hang out with the geese (they scare off foxes) and chill in the shade of the coop.

You can see some pictures of the coop here. It's pretty neat, and once I buy some land, I'll most likely be doing the same but on a smaller scale.

It's helpful to know that these kind of practices are rather common, but more people are taking to raising their own livestock and doing the same. I think, rather soon, you'll have to go out of your way to find chickens, cows, eggs, etc, that were raised or produced in CAFOs.
 
Last edited:
Are you saying that you cannot offer a topic for debate without joining in the debate yourself?

It depends on how you do it. If you frame your OP in such a way to state that you're seeking opinions on a topic or seeking information on a subject that google isn't enlightening you on then eg. Buddhism

What the OP did in this case though was drop the equivalent of a stink bomb in a crowded corridor and then sat back and giggled as everyone reacted.
 
Looking back over the four pages currently forming this thread, I notice that reverebison, after initiating the offensive OP, seems to have vanished. Having kicked the anthill, he has run away. I guess even the low grade of courage required for a verbal defense on one's opinions isn't one of those thing bequeathed on one by the vegan philosophy and lifestyle.
 
It depends on how you do it. If you frame your OP in such a way to state that you're seeking opinions on a topic or seeking information on a subject that google isn't enlightening you on then eg. Buddhism

What the OP did in this case though was drop the equivalent of a stink bomb in a crowded corridor and then sat back and giggled as everyone reacted.

Good points. I can't say where now because it has been too long ago but I once read that meat eaters tend to be more aggressive, more competitive, more extroverted. Would I be right in thinking that means they are more apt to defend their beliefs more strongly, more firmly? Meat gives energy to stand and be heard?

Just asking.
 
Good points. I can't say where now because it has been too long ago but I once read that meat eaters tend to be more aggressive, more competitive, more extroverted. Would I be right in thinking that means they are more apt to defend their beliefs more strongly, more firmly? Meat gives energy to stand and be heard?

Just asking.

It's a tough call, it all depends what's meant by aggressive, who was saying it and why they were saying it. Does passive aggressive count as being aggressive ? how about laying guilt trips, is that considered aggression ?

One could make an argument that a personality type who's prone to regular old in your face overt aggression isn't the personality type who'd resort to not eating meat for moral/ethical reasons. ie cruelty free reasons.

I've run across that statement in a feminist, anti-VAW context before but never "in general"
 
...I once read that meat eaters tend to be more aggressive, more competitive, more extroverted.
That's a good point. One rarely hears from vegans. Aside from splashing red paint on fur, freeing lab animals, loud protests, provocative ads and monkey-wrenching in general they tend to be rather introverted.

*Not meant to stereotype. Just making a point.
 
Thats why vegans are better people...we aren't you.

:dl:

This kind of blanket statement is so silly, I don't even know where to start. Just so you know, I have a counter-example. I knew a vegan who was in fact not a "better person."

That's all that's needed to falsify that statement.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom