• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why vegans are simply better people

I was going to properly dissect the OP, but then I say that most of the discussion here has been about making generalisations about vegans. If you feel the need to preface something with "In my experience" or "I hate stereotyping, but" then are you really elevating the discourse?

No. I'm having fun.

If you really think that there is any point in "elevating the discourse" based on an OP that is nothing but blowing snot on the keyboard, then I feel confident in suggesting that you get more protein for proper brain function.

Taking a screed like the OP bloodlessly seriously is like being seduced by David Eisenhower or developing a serious neurosis based on viewings of Sex and the City. It is something that no self-respecting adult should ever admit to.
 
Its been known for years now how dangerous sugars and simple carbs are,,,but I bet your reading this with a dougnut stuffed in your mouth and one in your kids...,now our overindulgance in meat and oil has become our biggest killer.
I eat meat (preferably meat I catch myself) and I am athletic, as are my children. I never eat donuts. You just lost your bet.

Not to mention demonstrated that you are a <SNIP>.

Edited, breach of rule 0, rule 12.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: Locknar
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Heck I haven't eaten veal in years.

I don't know anyone that does eat veal.

Weiner Schnitzel is the only time I eat veal. Also, there are many farms that responsibly raise veal. It's tougher than the old way, but the calves are not locked in cages and gorged.
 
Weiner Schnitzel is the only time I eat veal. Also, there are many farms that responsibly raise veal. It's tougher than the old way, but the calves are not locked in cages and gorged.
I've never had veal at a Weiner Schnitzel. I usually just have a hot dog or polish sausage..
 
It's called Wiener Schnitzel. Originally made of veal, but nowadays mostly pork.
I was kidding. The American version is made of just about any meat and we call it "chicken fried", unless of course it's chicken in which case it's called "country fried".
 
I do suspect in a century or so folk will look back on our behaviour regarding animals breed and reared for meat production like we look back on those great people from the past who kept slaves!
 
I only dislike vegans who have objections to honey and other bee products.
I only dislike people who don't like people who like people. The latter, of course, being the luckiest people in the world.
 
I do suspect in a century or so folk will look back on our behaviour regarding animals breed and reared for meat production like we look back on those great people from the past who kept slaves!
When it comes to most factory farming methods and callousness I would agree. Animal husbandry for consumption in general? Honestly not sure. I still like Dennett's tale, "how clever of the sheep to adapt the shepherd".
 
If I tried to play sports (hockey, football) while on a vegan diet, I probably would have had to retire long ago.

I recall reading somewhere (sorry no cite, I'll try to find it) that an athlete that doesn't eat meat-protein would actually have to eat during competition to maintain energy, and would be very prone to muscle injury.

To be honest, I don't know how true this is, but it does make sense. I'll see if I can't track down a reference.
 
When I watch people who smoke, I often ask myself how can they do it. What is it that makes these people tick. They deliberately engage in a vice that they know will probably hasten their own death.

Is it because they really don't enjoy life and dying early is OK with them.

Is it because they don't believe in the science that shows how dangerous smoking is?

Or it it because they are selfish. They think of themselves and their enjoyment and don't worry about the consequences until they occur. They don't care that smoking arround their kids infuences their kids to smoke. They don't care that others often have to foot the medical bills in the form of higher insurance premiums, and they don't care about secondary smoke.

I believe that people who don't smoke are better people than those who do. Because I believe those who smoke do it for the last reason.

Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one. Kept in a cage to prevent him from moving and fed bucket milk for a few days until he was butchered. A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perfrom on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

Chickens kept in cages, debeaked to prevent pecking each other after they go insane from not being able to move for the short one year life span they are given to furnish you your eggs.. the list goes on.

Heart disease. We now know the cause. Meat and oil do not just contribute to heart disease, they are the cause. thats right they are the cause.

I dare you meat eating smart asses to actually take time to read this link:

http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf


When you go out into public, it is impossible not to see fat slobs wherever you go. Basically fat footballs with a head on top. Why are they such, just like the smokers.... they eat excessively because they enjoy it and will worry about the consequences later.

They are ugly. Not just because they are obese. But their fat, disgusting bodies are a testimony to their own extreme selfishness and complete lack of discipline. Their bodies are testimony to the worst afflliction one can posess....selfishness, glutony, overindulgance, lack of empathy, and refusal to set an example on how to live well for others, especially our children.....whatever you want to call it...if its bad,,,,baby you go it.

Its been known for years now how dangerous sugars and simple carbs are,,,but I bet your reading this with a dougnut stuffed in your mouth and one in your kids...,now our overindulgance in meat and oil has become our biggest killer. But that won't stop you from eating damn well what you want will it and taking the kids for a bigmac later too. After all, its all about you. And if all this ***** about nutrition is true, you worry about it later.

Thats why vegans are better people...we aren't you.

again....http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf

I dare you to read it...

I have red it, and concluded that yes, skepticism is indeed necessary, lest people like you take every single bit of obvious BS and start parading it as the Ultimate Truth(TM).

McHrozni
 
I am declaring reverebison to be a troll based on the following evidence:

reverebison has made just 4 posts on this forum since December of 2008.

On December 21, 2010, reverebison started a thread titled "On Conciousness" in Religion and Philosophy. There were 5 replies to that thread, none by reverebison.

On June 25, 2011, reverebison started a thread titled "immortality: the arguement" in Religion and Philosophy. There were 45 replies to that thread, none by reverebison.

On December 3, 2011, reverebison started a thread titled "3 rules to happiness" in Religion and Philosophy. There were 89 replies to that thread, none by reverebison.

On December 17, 2011, reverebison started this thread. So far there have been 135 replies, none by reverebison.

Responding to this troll is pointless because he/she does not return to defend the OP. You end up debating the topic without him/her. Your efforts will be better spent elsewhere.
 
When I watch people who smoke, I often ask myself how can they do it. What is it that makes these people tick. They deliberately engage in a vice that they know will probably hasten their own death.

Is it because they really don't enjoy life and dying early is OK with them.

Is it because they don't believe in the science that shows how dangerous smoking is?

Or it it because they are selfish. They think of themselves and their enjoyment and don't worry about the consequences until they occur. They don't care that smoking arround their kids infuences their kids to smoke. They don't care that others often have to foot the medical bills in the form of higher insurance premiums, and they don't care about secondary smoke.

I believe that people who don't smoke are better people than those who do. Because I believe those who smoke do it for the last reason.

Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one. Kept in a cage to prevent him from moving and fed bucket milk for a few days until he was butchered. A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perfrom on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

Chickens kept in cages, debeaked to prevent pecking each other after they go insane from not being able to move for the short one year life span they are given to furnish you your eggs.. the list goes on.

Heart disease. We now know the cause. Meat and oil do not just contribute to heart disease, they are the cause. thats right they are the cause.

I dare you meat eating smart asses to actually take time to read this link:

http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf


When you go out into public, it is impossible not to see fat slobs wherever you go. Basically fat footballs with a head on top. Why are they such, just like the smokers.... they eat excessively because they enjoy it and will worry about the consequences later.

They are ugly. Not just because they are obese. But their fat, disgusting bodies are a testimony to their own extreme selfishness and complete lack of discipline. Their bodies are testimony to the worst afflliction one can posess....selfishness, glutony, overindulgance, lack of empathy, and refusal to set an example on how to live well for others, especially our children.....whatever you want to call it...if its bad,,,,baby you go it.

Its been known for years now how dangerous sugars and simple carbs are,,,but I bet your reading this with a dougnut stuffed in your mouth and one in your kids...,now our overindulgance in meat and oil has become our biggest killer. But that won't stop you from eating damn well what you want will it and taking the kids for a bigmac later too. After all, its all about you. And if all this ***** about nutrition is true, you worry about it later.

Thats why vegans are better people...we aren't you.

again....http://www.thechinastudy.com/PDFs/ChinaStudy_Excerpt.pdf

I dare you to read it...



Firstly smoking makes you cool, this is indisputable.

Secondly I am an ex-vegan, and I am a much better person now than when I was a strict vegan.

Also you are clearly a huge arse. So your OP disproves itself, clever!
 
Four pages in, and the original poster hasn't responded once. Chalk this one up as a successful troll hit-and-run!

Maybe. Or maybe just wanting to hear everybody else's opinions without imposing his own. I have done it and I assure you I am not trolling. Or, maybe - just maybe - something happened that made it impossible for him to get back. Jumping to conclusions is dangerous. You might fall over a cliff. :eye-poppi
 
I am declaring reverebison to be a troll based on the following evidence:

Based on the evidence, I agree.

Or maybe just wanting to hear everybody else's opinions without imposing his own

The OP obviously imposes his own opinion.

Basically, he's a troll. That is not a jump, it's a reasonable conclusion.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom