• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Why vegans are simply better people

I have a feeling the OP wouldn't like me too much. I'm overweight, I cut meat for a living (thousands of pounds of beef, pork, lamb, and fish a day), I regularly compete in eating contests (my last one was a 5 pound burrito stuffed with beef, chicken, and bacon), and my two year old son's favorite food is chicken nuggets.
 
Taken from reverebison's last sermon:




The Last Heart attack was published in 2008, so that means that reverebison has been a better person for all of three years now(tops), and the sort of overindulgent meat eater that he seems to despise for the previous half a century of his life.

Sort of like recanting on your death bed so that God will forgive your lifetime of sin and elevate you to Heaven? :cool:
 
I was going to properly dissect the OP, but then I say that most of the discussion here has been about making generalisations about vegans. If you feel the need to preface something with "In my experience" or "I hate stereotyping, but" then are you really elevating the discourse?

The people at my work who mock vegans are fat, artery-clogged ********. Just personal experience.

There, how does one respond to that? How is that useful in any way? If you challenge me, I will just whine, "But I was Just Saying."

And now someone is going to call me smug, I can just see it :p .
 
Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young Holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one. Kept in a cage to prevent him from moving and fed bucket milk for a few days until he was butchered. A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perform on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

Finally. I've been waiting for someone like you for years. I understand how murdering animals is a cruel abuse of animals, but I've always been confused about the no-honey rule. Strict veganism requires practitioners to consume absolutely no animal products. My question is: is taking honey from bees really a cruel abuse of animals? Most beekeepers transport the hives to various orchards and fields so the bees end up having far more pollen than they could ever get sitting in one place. Is taking some of their honey (while leaving enough for the hive to grow) really abusive?
 
Finally. I've been waiting for someone like you for years. I understand how murdering animals is a cruel abuse of animals, but I've always been confused about the no-honey rule. Strict veganism requires practitioners to consume absolutely no animal products. My question is: is taking honey from bees really a cruel abuse of animals? Most beekeepers transport the hives to various orchards and fields so the bees end up having far more pollen than they could ever get sitting in one place. Is taking some of their honey (while leaving enough for the hive to grow) really abusive?

The transport of bees cross country can be considered cruel. The bees are not fed honey as it is heavy for the 'farmer' to carry but given corn syrup or the like instead. Travel is stressful on the hives. Hence the requirement to chemically treat the hives frequently for disease and the loss of hives to colony collapse disorder. Bees are the first intensively farmed insects.

However, stationary bee hives used for the honey industry are not as cruel in this way. New York has several quality hives producing honey.

The problem many vegans have with honey is that it's been processed by an insect. Why they don't object to plants that have been pollinated by said bees escapes me. They've been just as insect processed as honey.
 
Last edited:
as a smoking meat eater i have to say, i am so much better than you. :D
 
I agree with everything Dessi wrote, but I'm going to be more obnoxious.

In animal rights threads someone would often ask: "you think you're better than me?" and my answer was always, "I haven't given it much thought. Who cares?" Well, I have since thought about it, and now my answer is "Yes, I probably am better than you." Which is not to say I wake up trying to best Internet posters who go by handles like "GunsNRosesBitches," nor, do I do as much as I want to or should, but I think those who make attempts to the minimize exploitation and suffering of animals are better people than those who support it. Eat me.

By far the best thread on the subject is when LionKing attempted to raise awareness about how so much chocolate is produced by slaves. Child slaves. A vegan came to that thread and said, "So? Chocolate is gooooooood." Others were horrified, the sort of people who write love letters to bacon, but this guy kept at it: "Mmmmmm, I love my slave chocolate!" Omnivores missed the satire and thought this guy was terrible, but he was in all likelihood a better person than each and every one of them.
 
According to his chef and various other sources referred to in my link, he did have periods of abstaining from meat under doctors orders in an attempt to cure his severe flatulence, that isn't 'being a vegetarian'.

It seems an odd treatment to me as I'd thought eating more beans would have had the effect of worsening flatulence :D Maybe that's why he didn't have many friends.

Why did that post make me think of this?

 
Heck I haven't eaten veal in years.

I don't know anyone that does eat veal.
 
Where is our drive-by vegan? Probably to weak to struggle to the computer.
 
When I watch people who smoke, I often ask myself how can they do it. What is it that makes these people tick. They deliberately engage in a vice that they know will probably hasten their own death.

Is it because they really don't enjoy life and dying early is OK with them.

Is it because they don't believe in the science that shows how dangerous smoking is?

Or it it because they are selfish.

Or maybe they just enjoy it or have a bad habit ?

I believe that people who don't smoke are better people than those who do. Because I believe those who smoke do it for the last reason.

I believe you believe this because you don't smoke, and you have a need to think of yourself as better than others.

Now lets talk about meat eaters. That veal you ate last night. A young holstein bull calf was taken from its mother at day one.

Think about the celeri that was ripped from the ground. :rolleyes:

A newborn highly evolved consciousness was bought into this world to be tortured basically, a torture we would not perfrom on a prisoner of war, all for your veal.

Your use of emotionally-charged terms is gross and silly. Highly evolved consciousness ? Torture ?

Chickens kept in cages, debeaked to prevent pecking each other after they go insane from not being able to move for the short one year life span they are given to furnish you your eggs.. the list goes on.

Insane ? Do you have a link for that ? Your entire post is charged with nonsense, so it's hard to take you seriously. I can tell animals in captivity are usually happier than wild ones because they're not scared of their own shadow.

Heart disease. We now know the cause. Meat and oil do not just contribute to heart disease, they are the cause. thats right they are the cause.

No, humans are omnivore. We need some of the stuff in meet to live properly. Otherwise you have to compensate with something else. Abuse, of course, leads to problems, but that's not new. I'd also like to point out that many other animals eat meat. Are they wrong ?

I dare you meat eating smart asses to actually take time to read this link:

I don't do dares. And just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a smart ass. Of course, if you didn't have an inferiority complex you wouldn't need to talk down to everybody like that.

When you go out into public, it is impossible not to see fat slobs wherever you go.

Which is odd. I eat more meat than most people, and I'm not fat. Some vegan are almost transparent. They should eat some protein.

Thats why vegans are better people...we aren't you.

In order to think this through better, your central nervous system needs some fat. Get some blubber.
 
I respect and celebrate the life choices of those who choose to become vegan, be it for health reasons or for what they see as ethical ones.

I respect and celebrate the life choices of those who choose to eat meat and dairy produce in the educated knowledge of what they do.

I have no time for those who feel they are morally superior to be because I eat meat and they do not. I have no time for those who mock the choice not to eat meat simply because they do not make it.

It is possible to have an entirely healthy diet with or without meat and dairy produce. Health problems come not from the consumption of animal products but the consumption of a generally poor diet.
 
I don't know anyone that does eat veal.

I do. I also eat horse. And venison. And foie gras.

Why? They're all tasty. I don't want to start a debate on the ethics side, but it is my point of view that to be ethical and logically consistent, one would have to live under a rock, in a cave on Mars, and be a breatharian.
 
I was going to properly dissect the OP, but then I say that most of the discussion here has been about making generalisations about vegans. If you feel the need to preface something with "In my experience" or "I hate stereotyping, but" then are you really elevating the discourse?

The people at my work who mock vegans are fat, artery-clogged ********. Just personal experience.

There, how does one respond to that? How is that useful in any way? If you challenge me, I will just whine, "But I was Just Saying."

And now someone is going to call me smug, I can just see it :p .

In my experience, people here either want 1) a fight; or 2) validation for their viewpoint. I hate stereotyping too. Don't let the troll (OP) win.
 
I believe that vegans are better *tasting* people. Their meat is delicious!

It is kinda like corn-fed beef and venison. All of those veggies gets rid of that gamey taste.

Not always.

If you shoot them in the head, yes you're right.
But if the hunt goes awry, and you merely wound the vegan it is different.
As they limp away, bleeding profusely, they produce a lot of stress hormones that really effect the taste.

The best thing to do in such a case, is react fast.
Immediately sprint after the wounded vegan and finish the job with a large bowie knife.
If you're quick, the effect is minimal.

PM me for grilling tips.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom