• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 3 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried to see if Kercher press conference was on and found Knox story on every broadcast and cable news channel.
 
Last edited:
I try to post in a non-confrontational manner; I try to imagine that the person I am exchanging views with is someone standing in a pub or bar having a polite conversation; now for me I fined your question irrelevant and demeaning to all directly involved in this case, but thats me.


Oh dear!

YOU posted this:

''Is this correct that Amanda Knox shares the same birthday as OJ Simpson (9th July)and that Simpson was found not guilty on this date in 1995?''

I asked whether that justifies being a Guilter?


Yet YOU fined (sic) MY question irrelevant and demeaning?

YCNMIU.

Let's leave it at that - I'm pretty sure readers can work it out.
 
I find it hard to believe anyone who has followed the case and evaluated the evidence can believe that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are guilty ....

... then I remember that lots of people believe the "evidence" for astrology and homeopathy.
 
I seem to recall hearing that Lincoln had a secretary or assistant named Kennedy, and Kennedy had one named Lincoln. Coincidence?

Some Brits do seem a bit more susceptible to mysticism, astrology, etc., than we more skeptical Yanks. Harry Potter, Aleister Crowley, Jimmy Page, etc.

Hell, at a minimum, Yeats and Page were/are unarguably geniuses. But perhaps such stuff as Theosophy and the Occult should be left to the realm of the aesthetic as opposed to human justice.
 
I seem to recall hearing that Lincoln had a secretary or assistant named Kennedy, and Kennedy had one named Lincoln. Coincidence?

Also, Lincoln was shot in a theater by an assassin who was cornered in a warehouse, and Kennedy was shot from a warehouse by an assassin who was cornered in a theater.

And both were succeeded by Vice-Presidents named Johnson.

OMG! It must be the Satan-worshiping Freemasons' doing!
 
Also, Lincoln was shot in a theater by an assassin who was cornered in a warehouse, and Kennedy was shot from a warehouse by an assassin who was cornered in a theater.

And both were succeeded by Vice-Presidents named Johnson.

OMG! It must be the Satan-worshiping Freemasons' doing!

By all means, let's get Meisterburger Mignini on the case!
 
I find it hard to believe anyone who has followed the case and evaluated the evidence can believe that Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito are guilty ....

... then I remember that lots of people believe the "evidence" for astrology and homeopathy.

Don't forget Amway
 
Clouseau really continues to go out of her way to appear unintelligent and illogical:

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Really almost shocking turnout for #meredithkercher presser. People do remember real victim?#amandaknox


Number one: Everyone remembers the murder victim. But the main issue right now is whether Knox and Sollecito should be convicted of her murder.

Number two: Perugia today is jammed full of the World's media; the court went into recess to deliberate many hours ago; the court is not expected to return a verdict until at least 8pm Italy time; therefore Perugia is currently jam packed with hundreds of media representatives with nothing to do or report upon until at least 8pm; therefore they are bound to turn up in large numbers at the Kercher press conference.
 
Also, Lincoln was shot in a theater by an assassin who was cornered in a warehouse, and Kennedy was shot from a warehouse by an assassin who was cornered in a theater.

And both were succeeded by Vice-Presidents named Johnson.

OMG! It must be the Satan-worshiping Freemasons' doing!
Or it could just be coincidence.
 
Ughh the press conference is a chaotic mess. And, to my mind, it's inappropriate and unfair to the Kercher family and the Knox/Sollecito families. Thankfully, it's been made perfectly clear that there will be no discussion of the verdict in the press conference.

And I don't want this to sound wrong, but I totally disagree with the family's repeated assertion that Meredith has been forgotten in all of this. I wish that the family would not hold onto this mantra: I can't help thinking that they are being encouraged in all this by Maresca. When there is a protracted trial, the focus is almost always on the defendant(s) - and that is entirely appropriate. Does anyone remember Dr Jim Swire making repeated pronouncements that his daughter had been "completely forgotten" in the media coverage of the Camp Zeist trial and the subsequent discussions over the guilt/innocence of Al-Megrahi? Does anyone remember any of Ted Bundy's victims' families complaining that their murdered relatives had been "forgotten" in the media coverage of the trial and execution of Bundy? Can many people even remember the names of a single victim of Bundy or the Lockerbie bomb?
 
Watching the press conference now. The Kerchers don't seem very focussed to me. I'm not quite sure what the point of all this is other than to "remember Meredith", which seems a good thing to do during this limbo period.

Oh dear. Arline has just said that Amanda murdered Meredith because she was all that Amanda wasn't.

Stephanie has just said that the evidence hasn't changed at all since the first verdict. But that they'll have to accept a not guilty verdict if it happens. Nobody knows what happened until somebody comes forward and says "I did it". Maybe she needs to have a little chat with Rudy.

Lyle has just been asked about the million-dollar media campaign. He says if the family believe Amanda and Raffaele aren't guilty then of course they would want to support them but it made it difficult for them.

Important that Meredith isn't forgotten.

It's hard to hear the questions, but the answers are well miked. Stephanie just wants the verdict to be based on the evidence and not the media hype. And so say we all.

Rolfe.
 
Watching the press conference now. The Kerchers don't seem very focussed to me. I'm not quite sure what the point of all this is other than to "remember Meredith", which seems a good thing to do during this limbo period.

Oh dear. Arline has just said that Amanda murdered Meredith because she was all that Amanda wasn't.

Stephanie has just said that the evidence hasn't changed at all since the first verdict. But that they'll have to accept a not guilty verdict if it happens. Nobody knows what happened until somebody comes forward and says "I did it". Maybe she needs to have a little chat with Rudy.

Lyle has just been asked about the million-dollar media campaign. He says if the family believe Amanda and Raffaele aren't guilty then of course they would want to support them but it made it difficult for them.

Important that Meredith isn't forgotten.

It's hard to hear the questions, but the answers are well miked. Stephanie just wants the verdict to be based on the evidence and not the media hype. And so say we all.

Rolfe.
That's weird I thought Mrs Kercher quoted Amanda from Times interview?
 
Clouseau really continues to go out of her way to appear unintelligent and illogical:

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Really almost shocking turnout for #meredithkercher presser. People do remember real victim?#amandaknox


Number one: Everyone remembers the murder victim. But the main issue right now is whether Knox and Sollecito should be convicted of her murder.

Number two: Perugia today is jammed full of the World's media; the court went into recess to deliberate many hours ago; the court is not expected to return a verdict until at least 8pm Italy time; therefore Perugia is currently jam packed with hundreds of media representatives with nothing to do or report upon until at least 8pm; therefore they are bound to turn up in large numbers at the Kercher press conference.


Yes, but isn't Nadeau saying that the turn-out is actually POOR??
 
It's also abundantly clear from the press conference that the members of Meredith's family present there (Lyle, Arline and Stephanie) all think that Knox and Sollecito were participants in the murder. I feel a mixture of sadness and disgust that they have arrived at that position: sadness because they were probably clinging to certain beliefs at certain times, and those beliefs are now hard to change; and disgust because I'm almost certain that Mignini and Maresca were instrumental in helping to form those beliefs, and they continue to be instrumental in perpetuating those beliefs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom