Nonsense. Let them look into it and see what they find. A single problem would not have brought down Acorn, rather it was an endemic set of problems that caused bipartisian consensus votes against Acorn.
You seem to think that something that's controversial can't stand examination under the light of day. I strongly disagree with that.
None of those far right arguments are about PP being an organization that does abortions and receives federal money. They are all about PP getting federal money and doing abortions with it. That should be an open and shut issue when the books are opened.
Of course I suspect what they've done is comingled facilities, staff and procedures to obfuscate understanding. But that doesn't fly. No more than in an engineering lab with some commmercial, and some government work on cost reimbursement basis (Fixed fee is different). The audit establishes what amount of building cost, salaries, overhead was for the government work.
Seriously. There are all kinds of ways PP could be subverting (breaking) the law and if they are not, the religious right doesn't have a leg to stand on in this issue.
I know in this area it's extremely easy for a girl to walk into PP and get an abortion. I have no clue how one would figure out whether that was partly subsidized by federal money from the consumer point of view.