• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Post-TAM Tour?

New page means fresh new reminders:

The Post-TAM9 Red Rocks Tour Now Leaves at 1:30 PM (pacific time), Sunday, July 17th. We will meet at the horse statue thing. (You can't miss it.)

The Participants, So Far:

[table=head]User Name | Notes| The Undiscovered Column | High School Mascot | Favorite Pony
AdMan |Won't have a car, but will chip in for gas, etc.| |Bear|I hate anyone that ever had a pony growing up
Allecher |
Andriiya |Not 100% sure she will attend, more like 50%|Is quite sure Wowbagger is reading the Twilight series at a tea party with My Little Ponies right now|Didn't go to highschool|Ponies are evil
Bytor | I'll chip in for car rental |||
DocM + 1 | Will probably come, got our own car |||
Doubt| Also will have a car available
El Spectre ||ooh, look, an undiscovered column!
hcmom ||||I want a pony!
Hokulele Mom | Hokulele is not coming.
Kitten | Our guide, declared "shotgun" | I like rocks and will talk too much about them.| lantern | I want a kinkajou
Kitten's friends (x2)
mr. ottle | le chauffeur | scixelsyd rof si siht | tiger | the one the third horseman of the Apocalypse has
SkepticalDrew (+1) | Bringing a non-TAM friend, and maybe another car.
Wowbagger | Will likely have a rental car, also, if it's needed | Peace with the Klingons is possible. | Purple Wave | Twilight Sparkle
zooterkin |||TBD|I'd rather have a monkey
[/table]

The Central Scrutinizer has no authority, here. Do not listen to anything he says.
 
Last edited:
Bowing out gracefully, I want to hit one of the closing day workshops. Red Rock will continue to elude me.
 
Last edited:
Ok, since it's leaving at 1:30, it looks like I'm going... I think I can miss the MDC.

[table=head]User Name | Notes| The Undiscovered Column | High School Mascot | Favorite Pony
AdMan |Won't have a car, but will chip in for gas, etc.| |Bear|I hate anyone that ever had a pony growing up
Allecher |
Andriiya |Will try not to eat the ham radio|Is quite sure Wowbagger is reading the Twilight series at a tea party with My Little Ponies right now|Didn't go to highschool|Ponies are evil
Bytor | I'll chip in for car rental |||
DocM + 1 | Will probably come, got our own car |||
Doubt| Also will have a car available
El Spectre ||ooh, look, an undiscovered column!
hcmom ||||I want a pony!
Hokulele Mom | Hokulele is not coming.
Kitten | Our guide, declared "shotgun" | I like rocks and will talk too much about them.| lantern | I want a kinkajou
Kitten's friends (x2)
mr. ottle | le chauffeur | scixelsyd rof si siht | tiger | the one the third horseman of the Apocalypse has
SkepticalDrew (+1) | Bringing a non-TAM friend, and maybe another car.
Wowbagger | Will likely have a rental car, also, if it's needed | Peace with the Klingons is possible. | Purple Wave | Twilight Sparkle
zooterkin |||TBD|I'd rather have a monkey
[/table]
[/QUOTE]
 
I don't remember Kitten's flight schedule, but what about something early morning Monday?
 
Here are some options to work around their new schedule:

Somewhat more viable options:

Thursday Morning, some time. If we go with this, then I don't know when some of us are going indoor-skydiving. And, I might have to be back by 2 PM for volunteer duty.

Friday or Saturday: We leave at 6PM-sharp, that will give us a mere 2 hours of time to get there and drive around the place, before it closes. (The visitor center would have already been closed at 4:30 PM.)

Sunday 4:15 PM, we leave when Steve Novella is done, and we ditch the closing remarks. We MIGHT make it time to gawk at the visitor center for a few measly seconds, but I would not count on it. But, we should have enough time to do a more-proper tour of the actual park.

Less viable options?:

Wednesday, some time. But, there will be fewer people there.

Sunday 1:15 PM, almost as planned, but then we run the risk of missing the "Diversity in Skepticism" panel (which I am willing to skip, anyway), and Jennifer Ouellette and Sean Faircloth (both of whom I am a little less willing to skip)

VERY early in the morning Friday or Saturday. The park opens at 6 AM. TAM starts at 8 AM. You do the math. Frankly, I could skip the live SGU podcast on Friday, if I had to. Or the Ethics panel on Saturday, if I really had to. But, FirstTAMers might want to experience them. And, I am not much of a morning person, anyway.

Let's get a vote going. Write-in ballots for other ideas are also permitted.
 
Last edited:
Here are some options to work around their new schedule:

Somewhat more viable options:

Thursday Morning, some time. If we go with this, then I don't know when some of us are going indoor-skydiving. And, I might have to be back by 2 PM for volunteer duty.

Friday or Saturday: We leave at 6PM-sharp, that will give us a mere 2 hours of time to get there and drive around the place, before it closes. (The visitor center would have already been closed at 4:30 PM.)

Sunday 4:15 PM, we leave when Steve Novella is done, and we ditch the closing remarks. We MIGHT make it time to gawk at the visitor center for a few measly seconds, but I would not count on it. But, we should have enough time to do a more-proper tour of the actual park.

Less viable options?:

Wednesday, some time. But, there will be fewer people there.

Sunday 1:15 PM, almost as planned, but then we run the risk of missing the "Diversity in Skepticism" panel (which I am willing to skip, anyway), and Jennifer Ouellette and Sean Faircloth (both of whom I am a little less willing to skip)

VERY early in the morning Friday or Saturday. The park opens at 6 AM. TAM starts at 8 AM. You do the math. Frankly, I could skip the live SGU podcast on Friday, if I had to. Or the Ethics panel on Saturday, if I really had to. But, FirstTAMers might want to experience them. And, I am not much of a morning person, anyway.

Let's get a vote going. Write-in ballots for other ideas are also permitted.

I'm fine with Thursday any time; Friday or Saturday if we're definitely back by 9 (I like rocks and all, but I'm not missing Max Maven or Paul Provenza); or sticking with Sunday at 1:15, not my first choice, but if everyone else wants to go at that time then I'll live.
 
Here are some options to work around their new schedule:

Somewhat more viable options:

Thursday Morning, some time. If we go with this, then I don't know when some of us are going indoor-skydiving. And, I might have to be back by 2 PM for volunteer duty.

Friday or Saturday: We leave at 6PM-sharp, that will give us a mere 2 hours of time to get there and drive around the place, before it closes. (The visitor center would have already been closed at 4:30 PM.)

Sunday 4:15 PM, we leave when Steve Novella is done, and we ditch the closing remarks. We MIGHT make it time to gawk at the visitor center for a few measly seconds, but I would not count on it. But, we should have enough time to do a more-proper tour of the actual park.

Less viable options?:

Wednesday, some time. But, there will be fewer people there.

Sunday 1:15 PM, almost as planned, but then we run the risk of missing the "Diversity in Skepticism" panel (which I am willing to skip, anyway), and Jennifer Ouellette and Sean Faircloth (both of whom I am a little less willing to skip)

VERY early in the morning Friday or Saturday. The park opens at 6 AM. TAM starts at 8 AM. You do the math. Frankly, I could skip the live SGU podcast on Friday, if I had to. Or the Ethics panel on Saturday, if I really had to. But, FirstTAMers might want to experience them. And, I am not much of a morning person, anyway.

Let's get a vote going. Write-in ballots for other ideas are also permitted.

Why is this not in a giant table?
 
(I like rocks and all, but I'm not missing Max Maven or Paul Provenza);
I wouldn't want to miss them either.

If we leave that evening, I make sure we are back by then.

Why is this not in a giant table?

The ponies initially objected to my placing the timing options into a table.

You're right--if it's not in table form, we can't properly vote for things.
We can accumulate votes in a table, if y'all wish.

I would have started one already, but at this point in time, I can't say I really have a preference.

I will start one, now, with our first voter, and we'll see how it goes:


[table=head]Participant|Time/Date Preference|Notes
Andriiya | Thurs, or Fri or Sat (back by 9) |
[/table]
 
Hm, we will only arrive late (around nine) on Thursday, so Thursday won't do for us, and I don't know if it makes sense to drive there for two hours during the dinner break.

So, no vote from me. If you decide on a time, we will see if we can make it, otherwise we'll have to be satisfied with all those other rocks we'll see after TAM.
 
Oh, that's a shame, this would have been fun (though I approve of the changes to the TAM schedule). I think Wednesday is the only viable time that I'm free; I'll be at the workshops on Thursday, and my volunteer duty is the registration first thing on Friday and Saturday. The Friday or Saturday evening option sounds a bit rushed to me. Is Monday an option at all, or have too many people left by then?
 
I didn't notice Monday was an option. Why am I the only one wth an opinion here? :p

[table=head]Participant|Time/Date Preference|Notes
Andriiya | Thurs, Fri or Sat (back by 9), or Mon|
[/table]
 
I didn't notice Monday was an option. Why am I the only one wth an opinion here? :p
Well, Monday would work for me, and it was originally possible for Kitten, but I don't know who else can make it.

Hey folks-- if people are willing to drive, I could do a Red Rocks tour either Thursday (my flight gets just after 11am) or on Sunday or possibly Monday morning (my flight leaves 3:30 pm on Monday).


[table=head]Participant|Time/Date Preference|Notes
Andriiya | Thurs, Fri or Sat (back by 9), or Mon|
zooterkin | Mon |
[/table]
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom