Belz...
Fiend God
Nobody said he was deluded.
But even if someone did, so what ?
Nobody said he was deluded.
Also, I can't help but just laugh at you and Bri arguing against the personal experience of the prior poster that said CFL gave him headaches, then refusing to present scientific evidence for this position.
So do you actually not believe anyone who says something contrary to your true faith, acolyte?
You are the one saying the "b" word over and over and over. I don't know if you had a point, but I do know you sure like that there "b" word.
But even if someone did, so what ?
So do you actually not believe anyone who says something contrary to your true faith, acolyte?
Replace the word "Ban" with "Porn" and you'll see my point.....or consider narcotics officer doing nothing but talking about weed.You're right about that!
My point was that each occurrence of the word in the post in question was within quotes, which were then removed by mhaze in order to make it seem as though you had used them in a different context.
Not that it matters whether they were in quotes or not. As you pointed out, it would be very difficult to have a discussion without using some form of the word (with or without quotes) regardless of which side of the argument you took.
-Bri
Doesn't matter. You are speculating against another person's report of his experience, and that's ridiculous.It's possible....
Replace the word "Ban" with "Porn" and you'll see my point.....or consider narcotics officer doing nothing but talking about weed.
An obsession...
Doesn't matter. You are speculating against another person's report of his experience, and that's ridiculous.
As far as I see things, if someone says he can't see well with bulb type X or that bulb type Y gives him migraine headaches.
that's factual evidence.
I'm suggesting that it's possible that he was mistaken about the correlation between his dizziness and particular bulb types, based on a significant amount of evidence that the vast majority of others who report similar experiences turn out to be mistaken when they undergo blind testing.
.....
Replace the word "Ban" with "Porn" and you'll see my point
Doesn't matter. You are speculating against another person's report of his experience, and that's ridiculous.
Evidence of your claim has not been provided to the forum, so I guess we can just assume it's a lie?
You don't know much about migraines.
Yes. I think I know people who claim "Head-on" really works are wrong. I think I know people who claim to be sensitive to EMF in the environment are wrong.
I also know a vegan who claims to be so sensitive to lactose that exposure to one single molecule causes her a severe reaction, and I think I know she is wrong.
I am willing to bet that phelix would not be able to distinguish among the various types of light bulbs if exposed to them in such a way that the bulb type wasn't apparent. I suggest that phelix's statement was the result of confirmation bias (failure to look for the evidence that would be required to substantiate the claim). The statement might even have been based on phelix having experienced dizziness while being exposed to maybe an earlier generation of CFL (that had a discernible flicker, perhaps).
But I doubt very much phelix gets dizzy whenever exposed to fluorescent (or other energy-efficient) lights, since they have been the rule rather than the exception in stores, offices, and so on for a long time.
Interesting, and likely. I am ok in most offices and stores, but some of them do still get me. This could well be earlier generation CFLs that have somehow survived replacement.
Replace the word "Ban" with "Porn" and you'll see my point.....or consider narcotics officer doing nothing but talking about weed.
An obsession...
As far as I see things, if someone says he can't see well with bulb type X or that bulb type Y gives him migraine headaches. that's factual evidence.
He did not claim he can't see well with energy saving lights.Energy saving lights make me feel dizzy, and I doubt I'm the only one. There would be some mega complaints if we were forced to be dizzy everywhere.
No. It would be ridiculous to accept everyone's reported experience as proof of real causes and effects in the absence of evidence (or especially in contradiction to the evidence).You are speculating against another person's report of his experience, and that's ridiculous.