• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Post-TAM Tour?

Oh- and the tour is free, but I will accept donations of surlies, cool skeptical books, and/or drinks at the Del Mar bar :)

Does Sunday afternoon work for folks? I worry about flight delays on Thursday. Monday morning (early) could also work-- maybe someone could drop me off the airport?

Sunday makes a whole lot more sense than pre-TAM. Also, consider me interested.
 
Sunday makes a whole lot more sense than pre-TAM. Also, consider me interested.

Let's make the trip for Sunday afternoon-- maybe leave around noon. We'll just go out for the scenic drive, I think, since it will probably be too hot to hike. But I can point out some geology things along the drive. As long as the group is small (one or two cars) I doubt we need to contact that number. If for some reason there's a huge interest in the tour, then we can contact the park people.

Who's willing to drive the guide (aka me)? Preferably a non-creepy person I've met in real life :-).

Also, if you want to come on the tour, please reply below so I have a headcount.
 
Aw, I'm one out of two... :)

Okay, within acceptable creepy limits then :-). There's just a couple of *really* creepy folks I've encountered at TAM over the years.

Seriously, though, who's interested in the tour and can drive?
 
I can drive. And, I promise not to be too creepy.

Although I generally dislike driving large vehicles, I suppose I could rent an SUV for the occasion, if it looks like we are going to fill it.

Shotgun! Thanks for renting a car & driving :-)
 
Also, if you want to come on the tour, please reply below so I have a headcount.

Kitten, how long are we looking at for the tour? Should we be back in time enough for people to make dinner plans?
 
I just want to indicate some vague, general interest. Sorry, depends on a lot of stuff, but if we (me + my wife) manage to free the time, we could bring a car as well. (We have to get the rental on Sunday afternoon and will possibly go to P&T in the evening, so time may be an issue.)

M.
 
I'm interested in joining a Sunday tour. Not currently planning on getting a car.

This is assuming we'll be back in time for me to make it to the P&T show that evening (9pm).

Thanks!
 
Okay, within acceptable creepy limits then :-). There's just a couple of *really* creepy folks I've encountered at TAM over the years.

Seriously, though, who's interested in the tour and can drive?

I've got a full-sized car booked, I'm interested, and I'm less creepy than Wowbagger :) Should be able to seat 5 comfortably, but El Spec should probably get the passenger seat. We long-limbed people are not made for modern society.

Besides, if I'm not needed to shuttle people to and from a Skepchick party, how am I going to meet anyone :(
 
You called it!

(Looks like mr. ottle and I are going to have to duke it out as to who gets the honors of driving everyone. But, if it does fall on me, I guarantee your "shotgun" call will be honored.)

Yep! The Former Skepchick Party Ride vs. the Wowbagger Videogame Party of One Mobile! And shoving long-legged people into the back so you can sit next to the girl isn't creepy at ALL ;)
 
I've got a full-sized car booked, I'm interested, and I'm less creepy than Wowbagger :) Should be able to seat 5 comfortably, but El Spec should probably get the passenger seat. We long-limbed people are not made for modern society.

Besides, if I'm not needed to shuttle people to and from a Skepchick party, how am I going to meet anyone :(

Yay! Sounds great. I'm happy to sit in the back.

I'll dust off my old geo notes on Red Rocks and maybe even read a few extra papers :-) We should have fun! I hope it's not too hot, but if it is we can just dash from the aircon to the rocks and back again :-)
 
I should note that I do all my fieldwork in Oman, where winters days are often similar to Las Vegas summer days. So, I'm pretty used to the hot. Everyone should bring a hat, sunscreen, and plenty of water (or even gatorade), though!
 
Yep! The Former Skepchick Party Ride vs. the Wowbagger Videogame Party of One Mobile! And shoving long-legged people into the back so you can sit next to the girl isn't creepy at ALL ;)

I'm all for that kind of creepy :-)
 
Will you be paying for gas?

As a matter of fact, yes!

Even with gas prices going up, and car tanks being large... I still think I can manage to afford it, somehow.

And shoving long-legged people into the back so you can sit next to the girl isn't creepy at ALL ;)
Isn't she either married or getting married soon?

As a rule, I don't mess with girls who are already taken.
 
For everyone's convenience, I copied the table from page 1 over to page 2. If you are serious about joining us for Red Rocks, please add your name to the list.

[table=head]User Name | Location | When | Notes
Allecher | Open | Pre-or Post-TAM |
Kitten | Red Rocks | Prefers Sun. afternoon, but open to Thurs. afternoon | Our guide
Wowbagger | Red Rocks | Prefer Thurs. afternoon, but open to other times | Will likely have a rental car
[/table]
 
I've got a full-sized car booked, I'm interested, and I'm less creepy than Wowbagger :) Should be able to seat 5 comfortably, but El Spec should probably get the passenger seat. We long-limbed people are not made for modern society.

Besides, if I'm not needed to shuttle people to and from a Skepchick party, how am I going to meet anyone :(

I'd really like to be in whatever car El Spectre is in... :)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom