No, you and Joe were simply lying by omission in everything you said, which required me to bring the subject of the actual standards in the law, into the discussion. So rather than phrase the matter as "Lying" (subcategorized) I used a more polite phrase "didn't want to discuss..."
As for why I don't reply to your question, it is because it is clearly just a "Saul Alinsky Tactic #11" and in debate falls into the Ad Hominem category of argument. "Personalize the argument, pin your opponent", etc and I have no interest in such idiocy...
Reflective DOES NOT move wavelengths to higher energy levels.
Except I didn't dismiss the entire article.I meant "good try" conveniently ignoring the entire article because of one small error. Using your logic, we should dismiss everything you say.
-Bri
Except I didn't dismiss the entire article.
One thing I have done though is to point out that your evidence brought in to support the claim of incandescent technology possibly meeting the 2020 standard
That's why there isn't any recourse but to note that the "MAGICAL, Non-Existent Bulb" is what you prop up your claim that the 2020 standards does not ban incandescent bulbs.
As long as you stuck with the 2012/2014 standard, you could claim that halogen incandescent were allowed. Only lying by omission supports this claim. The omission is of the actual final requirements - the 2020 standards.
And now you claim ignorance as a defense.
Checkmate.
Yes, they are banned by 2020. That's you repeating yet again the lie by omission. My original statement was correct......halogen incandescents to refute that claim. The first claim you made -- that the standards ban incandescent bulbs -- is disproven by halogen incandescents which aren't banned.....
That's pretty much what I said, isn't it? The hot wire is, uh, HOT. That means it generates HEAT as well as light. And you need to get rid of the heat to get 80% efficiency or higher. For this reason, I point out the issues and difficulties in moving photon energy from lower to higher wavelengths. LED lighting does not have this problem..... I misunderstood....."possibly".... impossible that incandescent bulbs will ever meet the 2020 standards?....
Just checking in on the progress of the thread, those bulbs you are stockpiling are still exempt, correct?
That's why there isn't any recourse but to note that the "MAGICAL, Non-Existent Bulb" is what you prop up your claim that the 2020 standards does not ban incandescent bulbs.
If the (greatly simplified version I used of the...) physics goes over your head,
That's pretty much what I said, isn't it? The hot wire is, uh, HOT. That means it generates HEAT as well as light. And you need to get rid of the heat to get 80% efficiency or higher. For this reason, I point out the issues and difficulties in moving photon energy from lower to higher wavelengths. LED lighting does not have this problem.
Yes, they are banned by 2020. That's you repeating yet again the lie by omission. My original statement was correct.
That's pretty much what I said, isn't it? The hot wire is, uh, HOT. That means it generates HEAT as well as light. And you need to get rid of the heat to get 80% efficiency or higher. For this reason, I point out the issues and difficulties in moving photon energy from lower to higher wavelengths.
I saw one the other day in Lowes that did not have this problem, it had 6 white heat sinks that went all the way to the top of the bulb.
"SSL is at the stage that the compact fluorescent (CFL) was over 10 years ago and its use is gaining acceptance in the industry as standards are being developed," says Maadanian. "SSL offers higher efficiency with no environmental impact during disposal…SSL presents a strong alternative to competitive technologies such as fluorescent, metal halide and high-pressure sodium (HPS) lighting," he added. The longevity of SSL is another attractive feature as they greatly reduce maintenance costs over their 50,000+ hour lifetime.
Asking what kind of bulbs you stockpiled isn't personal, particularly since you volunteered the information earlier in the thread. You don't want to answer my direct question because you were caught in a lie and you don't want to have to admit it.
Joe. The reason your double talk, obfuscation and denial don't work is because I earlier in this thread, mentioned stockpiling 90 and 150 watt incadescent bulbs for applications which needed them. Why did I do that if they were not banned? They disappeared from store shelves due to government regulation.
LEDs are on the market, and people are buying and using them. I think the up-front price scares off many (or at least people suspect that price will drop before long). Also, many of us are happy with CFLs at least for now.It is doable so I'm not sure where the stall is at this point. Up-front price maybe?
Apparently not, today. Shelf space at Lowes is about equal between CFL and LED today, indicating strong consumer demand for the LED even at their prices which are higher.This is from Oct 2009
http://www.pure-global-air.com/LED-Marvel.html
It is doable so I'm not sure where the stall is at this point. Up-front price maybe?
But this brings up an interesting point. Lowes had a ceiling can for sale which had an integral LED, 65 watt equivalent for $49. THERE WAS NO BULB! And the landscape LED lights I put in couple months ago, similarly they were all built in one, no replaceable bulbs. So when you think about it the very reason for the "Bulb" is the fact that bulbs burn out and have to be replaced. LED eliminates this, CFL does not. And that's a game changer.
You denied that halogen bulbs are incandescents and that they use a filament.
I don't know how it arose, but halogens aren't considered incandescent.
A halogen lamp, also known as a tungsten halogen lamp, is an incandescent lamp with a tungsten filament contained within an inert gas and a small amount of a halogen such as iodine or bromine.
andThe incandescent light bulb, incandescent lamp or incandescent light globe makes light by heating a metal filament wire to a high temperature until it glows. The hot filament is protected from air by a glass bulb that is filled with inert gas or evacuated. In a halogen lamp, a chemical process that returns metal to the filament prevents its evaporation.
High-quality halogen incandescent lamps have higher efficacy, which will allow a 60-watt bulb to provide nearly as much light as a non-halogen 100-watt bulb. Also, a lower-wattage halogen lamp can be designed to produce the same amount of light as a 60-watt non-halogen lamp, but with much longer life.
Halogen bulbs are technically incandescent light bulbs - illumination is produced in both when a tungsten filament is heated sufficiently to emit light or "incandescence." The difference between the two is in the composition of the glass envelope and the gas inside the envelope.