• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Releasing the Osama kill photo

Should the photo(s) be released?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 52.4%
  • No

    Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 30 13.1%

  • Total voters
    229
Im pretty sure they got Osama.

As for talk about the legality of the kill...well they could have simply turned the whole place into dust with a drone. POOF!!! Kinda like he did on 9/11.
 

Mocking tone to a perfectly valid skeptical question for evidence noted. I can't believe some of you are so proud of taking something at face value and ridiculing those asking for evidence.

My browser must be malfunctioning, I thought I was on a skeptic forum where we view evidence before making up our minds about things.

When this discussion started, AQ had not admitted anything, and there was precious little evidence out there for the public besides Obama's announcement.

As I have now said a dozen times, I think he is dead- I just wanted evidence of such before I blindly believe someone.

And I am done with this subject.
 
You go the current US policy route that Al Qaeda etc. members are combatants in a war in which case the hit on OBL was totally legal, but his corpse is protected under the Geneva and Hague Conventions and releasing photos would constitute a war crime.
So you think releasing the pics of Saddam's sons was a war crime?
 
Mocking tone to a perfectly valid skeptical question for evidence noted. I can't believe some of you are so proud of taking something at face value and ridiculing those asking for evidence.

My browser must be malfunctioning, I thought I was on a skeptic forum where we view evidence before making up our minds about things.

When this discussion started, AQ had not admitted anything, and there was precious little evidence out there for the public besides Obama's announcement.

As I have now said a dozen times, I think he is dead- I just wanted evidence of such before I blindly believe someone.

And I am done with this subject.

This has been explained a couple of times now. Which is more likely? That the official story is true, or that this is all one big conspiracy, meaning that the CIA, the White House, the Navy SEALs, the crew of the ship, the Pakistani government, and Al Qaeda are all concocting one big elaborate hoax for the sake of.... well I don't really know why.
 
The silence from RedIbis on this is deafening :rolleyes:

My apologies. I was unable to monitor the forum during the weekend. I go out, I do stuff, I have a girlfriend, and it's the migratory season.

AQ had as much evidence of his death as any of us. Unless they were privy to the photos?
 
My apologies. I was unable to monitor the forum during the weekend. I go out, I do stuff, I have a girlfriend, and it's the migratory season.

AQ had as much evidence of his death as any of us. Unless they were privy to the photos?

And what exactly does that mean ibis?
Removed breach.
Replying to this modbox in thread will be off topic  Posted By: LashL
 
Last edited by a moderator:
And what exactly does that mean ibis?
Edited by LashL: 
Removed quote of moderated content.

You haven't read threads in the Forum Community much have you?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
AQ had as much evidence of his death as any of us. Unless they were privy to the photos?

You're kidding right?

AQ was his organization, their members were in communication with him.

How do you kow what they knew about him?

And those damn photos, even if the Obama administration showed them to you in 3D you'd still deny them, you know you would.
 
You're kidding right?

AQ was his organization, their members were in communication with him.

How do you kow what they knew about him?

And those damn photos, even if the Obama administration showed them to you in 3D you'd still deny them, you know you would.

You're just making an assumption. I've already given you an example of how I believe the Sadam hanging video or photos of his dead sons.
 
Apparently the Defense Dept. is going to drag its heels on an AP FOIA request for the photos:
The Defense Department is refusing to do a speedy review of a Freedom of Information Act request for graphic photos of Osama bin Laden's corpse, setting the stage for a protracted battle over access to the images.

...Dan Metcalfe, executive director of the Collaboration on Government Secrecy at American University's Washington College of Law, said it would be difficult for the government to label death photos of bin Laden as classified unless there were a person or a piece of equipment in the photo that needed to be kept secret.

"It's hard to see how such a photo in and of itself could properly be classified, and with that decision ultimately sustained in court, on the basis of national security harm," said Metcalfe, former head of the Justice Department's Office of Information and Privacy.

...The disclosure that the photos were at CIA headquarters could mean the spy agency and not the Pentagon controls the records. The AP has also filed a Freedom of Information request with the CIA that seeks expedited processing. The CIA has not said how it will handle that request.

The Defense Department's decision not to expedite the AP's request for the photos isn't a rejection but puts the request on a much slower track. Under the open records law, federal agencies have 20 days to respond to FOIA requests, a deadline that is rarely met.
I predict the photos will eventually have to be released.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom