• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 2 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might just switch to "ignore: it's just not worth engaging with such ill-formed and irrational arguments" mode now....

The only update I see is that the picture of the order is now below the copy of Frank's article and not above it. I think a lot of people saw the order and just stopped reading there. Not my fault.
 
I am a "cult member" now, am I? Interesting that you're falling back to personal insults rather than trying to form decent arguments. Insults like that can earn you an extended holiday from here, by the way.......

It's not an insult, it's an observation. You need no evidence to support your beliefs, you just accept what the group believes. Most people in cults are happy being there, so no worries for you.
 
Wrong. She added that later this afternoon after someone at Perugia Murder File said that was the blog post. Please keep up with what is happening, you are embarassing yourself.

I read PMF today, and it seems Jools was the first to post on PMF about the subject. To end the debate I'll post what he/she says:

______________________________________________________

Posted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:17 pm Post subject: Re: XXIII. MAIN DISCUSSION, MARCH 24 -


The Food Blogger posts a copy of the "court order"???... But this is a notification from the State Police faxed to Google on 15 March 2011.

"Sweden rescues Italian Amanda Knox blog. Google, are you watching?"
The Cook

______________________________________________________

Then posts the attachment of the court order to said post. Who is the Food Blogger Jools is talking about?

Then here is Piktor's comment in which he copies a portion of THE FOOD BLOGGERS article.
_____________________________________
From TheCook's blog:

HERE IS THE BLOG POST, ATTACHED TO THE COURT ORDER, THAT MIGNINI CLAIMS DEFAMED HIM:

SATURDAY, MARCH 12, 2011
MYSTERIOUS DISAPPEARANCES IN THE KNOX-SOLLECITO CASE

A BUS NAMED DESIRE..., etc.
_____________________________________

You will notice in said post by Pictor, he clearly copy and pasted said info from Candaces blog. Notice right there at the bottom where it has, "A BUS NAMED DESIRE" capitalized.

PS im not holding a conversation in this post with another website. I'm just copy pasting comments from another website in the hopes of ending an argument between posters.
 
Last edited:
It's not an insult, it's an observation. You need no evidence to support your beliefs, you just accept what the group believes. Most people in cults are happy being there, so no worries for you.


Worries for you though, perhaps. Nice talking with you!
 
Meaning that Mignini (and presumably also Judge Belsito) misinterpreted the last "he" in that passage as meaning Mignini rather than Curatolo? If this really is the basis of this court order (let alone any forthcoming defamation trial), then Italian justice is in an even worse state than we thought.

Any lawyer or judge with any comprehension of English could easily recognise that the last "he" in that passage almost certainly referred to Curatolo (and, at the very most, was ambiguous). And if neither Mignini nor Belsito had sufficient English comprehension to understand that, then they should have consulted somebody who did.

I wonder how many years it will take the Italian system of justice to recognize that there is no basis for Mignini's claim.
 
Thank you for admitting that Candace updated her original blog post and that HumanityBlues could not have read the updated version this morning, Eastern time.


You're thanking me for "admitting" what, exactly?

I don't know what time Dempsey updated her blog post, and nor did I claim to know. I do know that I read her blog at about 9pm UK time (4pm EST) and the update was already there. I had first read it at around 5pm UK time (12pm EST) and it was in its original (un-updated) form. I have no idea what time between those two times Dempsey updated the information - all I know is that it was updated some time before your 5.12pm EST post. And all this language about "thank you for admitting" stuff is strange and verging on paranoiac.

And that's where I think my engagement with you will end. I can't say it's been either entertaining or informative watching someone dig an ever-deeper hole for themselves, but it's been mildly instructive I guess. Bye now.
 
Time in a Bottle

I wonder how many years it will take the Italian system of justice to recognize that there is no basis for Mignini's claim.
RoseMontague,

Several years at least, if the present case is any indication. I wish that one could save time in a bottle for Amanda and Raffaele.
 
The only update I see is that the picture of the order is now below the copy of Frank's article and not above it. I think a lot of people saw the order and just stopped reading there. Not my fault.

It matters not to me when it was posted but I am glad it has been. Alt+F4 asked for something official and now we have a document. Now we can move past the nonsense claims that Frank just made the whole thing up. I really don't believe that Mignini thinks he has a solid case here. I think the intent was just to convince a judge to cause more trouble for Frank. TPTB need to take a close look at the actions of Mignini (again) and put a stop to the harassment.

I also don't think the latest actions that Mignini has undertaken will sit well with the judges looking at Mignini's appeal for abuse of office. It seems to me that Mignini has not yet gotten the message.
 
Last edited:
It matters not to me when it was posted but I am glad it has been Alt+F4 asked for something official and now we have a document. Now we can move past the nonsense claims that Frank just made the whole thing up. I really don't believe that Mignini thinks he has a solid case here. I think the intent was just to convince a judge to cause more trouble for Frank. TPTB need to take a close look at the actions of Mignini (again) and put a stop to the harassment.

I also don't think the latest actions that Mignini has undertaken will sit well with the judges looking at Mignini's appeal for abuse of office. It seems to me that Mignini has not yet gotten the message.

I'd be curious to know how many criminal defamation suits are filed in Italy vs. the rest of the the EU. http://www.article19.org/ is a good site to start. Check it out.
 
It matters not to me when it was posted but I am glad it has been. Alt+F4 asked for something official and now we have a document. Now we can move past the nonsense claims that Frank just made the whole thing up. I really don't believe that Mignini thinks he has a solid case here. I think the intent was just to convince a judge to cause more trouble for Frank. TPTB need to take a close look at the actions of Mignini (again) and put a stop to the harassment.

I also don't think the latest actions that Mignini has undertaken will sit well with the judges looking at Mignini's appeal for abuse of office. It seems to me that Mignini has not yet gotten the message.

Wouldn't Mignini be guilty of criminal defamation for accusing Frank of the crime of criminal defamation?
 
Perhaps that might be because most of those confident of the guilt of Knox and Sollecito have already, long ago, reached their own conclusions regarding the evidence, and as the status quo (at present) supports their viewpoint they feel no need to dwell on the minutiae of the case, unlike those seeking acquittals for the pair. Consequently, the subjects of discissions are quite frequently those individuals who seek to overturn the convictions, particularly when their actions are seen as especially noteworthy or egregious.

Funny, I could have sworn that before we systematically tore apart the guilter talking points with regard to those "minutiae" the guilters were gleefully repeating them at every opportunity.

It only seems to have occurred to them that there was no need to dwell on them after they'd been debunked.

Another amusing aspect of the guilter line is it's amazing flexibility when it comes to what parts of the evidence are important. The DNA was important, until the Perugian court system started kicking the tyres and they fell off. Quintavalle was important, until we pulled his testimony to bits. Curatolo and Nara were important, until we rubbed the guilters' collective noses in the real time of death. Now the "staged burglary" is what's important, presumably since it's the least debunked chunk of their faith at the moment.

I look forward to future reimaginings of the guilter case. :)
 
Wouldn't Mignini be guilty of criminal defamation for accusing Frank of the crime of criminal defamation?

Well I guess Frank would have to file suit against Mignini first and then have that case go to trial. The easier question in all of this is who isn't suing each other.
 
Funny, I could have sworn that before we systematically tore apart the guilter talking points with regard to those "minutiae" the guilters were gleefully repeating them at every opportunity.

No, you didn't, you just thought you did. Just use the search function.
 
Curatolo and Nara were important, until we rubbed the guilters' collective noses in the real time of death.

Umm....no. You post what you think is correct, others disagree with you. It's a simple as that.
 
You don't mess around with Jim

PM Mignini's love of conspiracy theories is vaguely reminiscent of Jim Garrison, of JFK assassination CT fame. I have a recollection that he indicted a number of people on thin evidence.
 
Last edited:
It matters not to me when it was posted but I am glad it has been. Alt+F4 asked for something official and now we have a document. Now we can move past the nonsense claims that Frank just made the whole thing up. I really don't believe that Mignini thinks he has a solid case here. I think the intent was just to convince a judge to cause more trouble for Frank. TPTB need to take a close look at the actions of Mignini (again) and put a stop to the harassment.

I also don't think the latest actions that Mignini has undertaken will sit well with the judges looking at Mignini's appeal for abuse of office. It seems to me that Mignini has not yet gotten the message.

I'd be curious to know how many criminal defamation suits are filed in Italy vs. the rest of the the EU. http://www.article19.org/ is a good site to start. Check it out.

I am not sure what this has to do with my post but I would be happy to see the results of your research and your conclusions based on what you found.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom