• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Releasing the Osama kill photo

Should the photo(s) be released?

  • Yes

    Votes: 120 52.4%
  • No

    Votes: 79 34.5%
  • Not sure

    Votes: 30 13.1%

  • Total voters
    229
It should not be released, people might be shocked that an assault rifle shot to the head causes all kinds of cosmetic damage.
.
I've recommended the SAW series... "cosmetic damage" shown, AS IT IS BEING DONE!
The movie going public, and tv watchers have and will see worse than a still image of a dead guy with "cosmetic damage".
There's a "1 mile 50 cal sniper shot" image floating around the net.
THAT'S "cosmetic damage"!!!!!:eek:
 
Not sure. They did release Saddam and his sons and whatnot and there wasn't any boom-reaction.
 
I just got a news alert saying Obama will NOT be releasing photo(s) of UBL's death.

So it is claimed:

BREAKING: President Obama will not release bin Laden photos
By: CNN Wire Staff
(CNN) - President Barack Obama does not plan to release photos of Osama bin Laden to prove his death, CBS News said on Twitter on Wednesday. Obama made the comment to "60 Minutes," the network said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...dent-obama-will-not-release-bin-laden-photos/
 
With all the people OBL's body was probably exposed to between death and burial, I'll find it interesting now to see if they can prevent any pics or videos from leaking out.
 
More details here.

Very interesting. Even the Republican head of the House Intelligence Committee agrees with President Obama's decision:
... Republican House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said Wednesday that the Obama administration should not release the gruesome post-mortem images, saying it could complicate the job for American troops overseas. Rogers told CBS News he has seen a post-mortem photo.

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits," he said. "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."...
 
Daily WH briefing confirms photos will not be released.

Carney read excerpts of CBS interview.
 
I have seen a photo, facebook friend of mine in Malasia has posted it on facebook.
 
Palin weighs in:
Palin's twitter said:
Show photo as warning to others seeking America's destruction. No pussy-footing around, no politicking, no drama;it's part of the mission
 
With all the people OBL's body was probably exposed to between death and burial, I'll find it interesting now to see if they can prevent any pics or videos from leaking out.

I don't think it will be all that hard.
 
So the White House will not release the photos, it doesn't matter because they'll show up on WikiLeaks or some other website soon enough...
 
Theoretically, the operation was observed and taped.
Like Ripley and friends in "Aliens"...
Get -that- tape. :)
 
Goverments despite their best efforts do have to deal with people from time to time. As a result it's rather hard form them to avoid aquiring personal information.

Which IMHO should be available for review by everyone. This information being public would put pressure on all citizens to keep government intrusion to a minimum.

You want the goverment to publish your tax returns? Now that in the US really would make you an oddball in the US (other contries take different views). The rest is stuff you will find 3 people supporting on any street corner.

Absolutely I would support the release of *all* tax return data. I think this would be greatly illuminating for many people and again would put pressure on the citizenry to want to protect themselves and hence everyone else.

Want to know how much I paid in federal taxes last year and what my deductions were? I'll post if you promise to as well. I'll keep my name/address out of it.
 
Not releasing the photos is really dumb. Information needs to be free. They need to specify a legit national security reason for not releasing the photos. This isn't something that the chief executive should have direct control over. I'm assuming someone is going to file a request and this will eventually see court.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom