• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

IE 9 - why is my text all bold-faced

bigred

Penultimate Amazing
Joined
Jan 19, 2005
Messages
23,630
Location
USA
Installed 9. Question for the gurus: all my online text looks bold-faced. ? No immediate answer that I see (eg changing text size, zooming in/out etc). Googed to no avail. All fonts on PC are same so not a PC setting that I can see. Thx
 
Appreciate it, but didn't find an answer.

Maybe the answer is revert back to IE7. :mad: (don't try to sell me on Firefox or Chrome, hate both)
 
IE7 is probably ideal, I normally stick to the same one. Less problems and bugs to deal with, and what bugs/ problems there are, people have found answers to, and all i need to do is google them
 
It's a new IE9 feature. All false or misleading information is shown in bold.
 
^ Haha. Um yeah the new IE9 window is ugly as sin, they just tried to copy chrome. :(
 
Appreciate it, but didn't find an answer.

Maybe the answer is revert back to IE7. :mad: (don't try to sell me on Firefox or Chrome, hate both)

Did you read as far as page 2? Others seemed to find that reinstalling windows 7 fonts (from a torrent) worked.
 
Did you read as far as page 2? Others seemed to find that reinstalling windows 7 fonts (from a torrent) worked.
I assumed since I only have Vista that was N/A - ?

Edit: I wouldn't think this is related, but now freakin Google always tries to predict what I'm searching for as I type vs showing stuff I'd typed previously......even though I have gone into settings and turned that off. ?
 
Last edited:
Installed 9. Question for the gurus: all my online text looks bold-faced. ? No immediate answer that I see (eg changing text size, zooming in/out etc). Googed to no avail. All fonts on PC are same so not a PC setting that I can see. Thx
It doesn't look bold to me. ;)
 
Yep hated that too :cool: But appreciate the suggestion.

I'm back to IE7. It's good enough.
 
The answer to all your browser issues...

picture.php


I can't believe anyone would even think IE or FF were any good...
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom