• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged School Secretary Persecuted For Making Porn

As a member of the school board, what would you have done?


  • Total voters
    171
  • Poll closed .
Maus said:
Rosa Parks said:
I was thrown in jail because I wouldn't move to the back of the bus!
So basically what you're trying to say is life isn't fair? You should do what you want and benefit from a society that is supported by people with such hang-ups despite it all? Society should buckle to your wants and needs because it wouldn't be fair otherwise? Where the rest of the grown-ups live it's called life and if that's a lesson to teach the tykes then so be it. You can't go against the grain of society and not expect to be struck by the consequences, no matter how unfair they are.
Sounds like a good lesson to be.
Yeah bro she should totally be thankful for the lesson.
 
Last edited:
Is that what you think I said?

Apparently we don't share a common language.

So do you think that even though they had all the power and authority to make that decision, the school board shouldn't have fired her even though they believed their culture/society/locality said yes they should have?
 
Yeah bro she should totally be thankful for the lesson.

Once again, this is an idiotic parallel. Your comparisons are ridiculous.

Please read previous posts in this thread as to why they are not the same thing.

That has got to be one of the worst strawman arguments in history.
 
Yeah bro she should totally be thankful for the lesson.

Duh, he didn't mean the kind of bigotries where society has already had the open and frank discussion about who should be censured, the bigot or the victim. He meant the sort where we haven't sorted him out, the ones where there was insufficient discussion yet, just powerful people imposing their prudish views on others, the bigots censuring the victim.
 
Once again, this is an idiotic parallel. Your comparisons are ridiculous.

Please read previous posts in this thread as to why they are not the same thing.

That has got to be one of the worst strawman arguments in history.

I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts, along the way, but I didn't pick up on this idea you have that there's a difference. Unless it's the one I alluded to above - there aren't any laws against you yet, you can express your ideas in polite society without people drawing away and muttering.

I expect that isn't how you'd phrase it, so perhaps you could mention the number of the post I didn't properly comprehend (or which was insufficiently persuasive), if you really can't be bothered to restate the case (while being bothered to type 'ridiculous' and 'idiotic' as though they were arguments).
 
Once again, this is an idiotic parallel. Your comparisons are ridiculous.

Please read previous posts in this thread as to why they are not the same thing.

That has got to be one of the worst strawman arguments in history.
Why should Parks be able to do what she wanted and benefit from a society that is supported by people with such hang-ups?
 
I'm pretty sure I've read all the posts, along the way, but I didn't pick up on this idea you have that there's a difference. Unless it's the one I alluded to above - there aren't any laws against you yet, you can express your ideas in polite society without people drawing away and muttering.

I expect that isn't how you'd phrase it, so perhaps you could mention the number of the post I didn't properly comprehend (or which was insufficiently persuasive), if you really can't be bothered to restate the case (while being bothered to type 'ridiculous' and 'idiotic' as though they were arguments).

I was quoting Taarkin. Despite that I really don't feel like going back through the thread and finding other posts where other people found it ridiculous to compare this woman's plight with segregation.
 
I wonder if Maus have a job and would find it just a bit inconvenient to be fired for some arbitrary reason, e.g. having the wrong religion.
Pfft! What would it matter? Welfare would look after him, after all he's in the USA, it's not North Korea.... :rolleyes:
 
So do you think that even though they had all the power and authority to make that decision, the school board shouldn't have fired her even though they believed their culture/society/locality said yes they should have?
The fact that it is legally possible to do a thing does not mean it is a good idea to do that thing.
 
I was quoting Taarkin. Despite that I really don't feel like going back through the thread and finding other posts where other people found it ridiculous to compare this woman's plight with segregation.

And I was responding to the point you made to Taarkin on a public thread where people will do that sort of thing. Despite that, I don't feel like going back and discovering whether what you claim is true or not either. I can't even restate the case from my mind, in my own words, because I don't hold your view. Could you restate the case in your own words, or don't you feel like doing that either? Failing that, since neither of us seems sufficiently concerned with what you claimed, I'll probably just forget you said it and carry on pointing out that your arguments flounder unless you can draw a clear distinction.
 
Pfft! What would it matter? Welfare would look after him, after all he's in the USA, it's not North Korea.... :rolleyes:

I thought this was a critical thinking message board? What's with all of the strawmen?

Why are people focused on what I would do? What did this woman's religion have to do with anything, or mine for that matter?

Why do I keep posting?

Great mysteries of the universe.
 
I thought this was a critical thinking message board? What's with all of the strawmen?
I don't often inject mockery into my posts, but when faced with what I consider non-sensical points of view, and I consider your comment about her living in Canada so it's ok to fire her to be non-sensical (even lacking in critical thinking) then pardon me but I stoop to mild ridicule.
 
And I was responding to the point you made to Taarkin on a public thread where people will do that sort of thing. Despite that, I don't feel like going back and discovering whether what you claim is true or not either. I can't even restate the case from my mind, in my own words, because I don't hold your view. Could you restate the case in your own words, or don't you feel like doing that either? Failing that, since neither of us seems sufficiently concerned with what you claimed, I'll probably just forget you said it and carry on pointing out that your arguments flounder unless you can draw a clear distinction.

I'm not here to coddle your requests. If you don't care to be a part of the conversation then why is it my responsibility to make it so?

So basically you're just saying your posting here just to pick at my arguments? I actually figured that out a while ago.
 
I don't often inject mockery into my posts, but when faced with what I consider non-sensical points of view, and I consider your comment about her living in Canada so it's ok to fire her to be non-sensical (even lacking in critical thinking) then pardon me but I stoop to mild ridicule.

See, more strawmen.

I never said that. You're not making a point, your picking at mine without a counter argument.

Please go ahead and quote me. I don't care.

This whole thread is just a big Maus pile-on anyway with no direction so I'm wondering why it's even still open other than for you guys just to boost your post counts.
 
The only thing that confuses me is why people posting in this thread seem to think this woman's life is defined by her job and potentially ruined because a school board fired her. Social services will take care of her and her kids if she runs into issues. She's in Canada not North Korea.

Her profession is not limited to schools. Hell, I even think that being employed there probably was holding her back. If her fragile life was in such jeopardy of devastation maybe she shouldn't have taken the chance in the first place. She knew it could potentially cause her issues if it got out, that's why she tried to get the kid to take the page down.

As far as I can tell from this you do not consider getting fired much of a problem for her. Is that because you don't have a job yourself, or believe you could just life on welfare if you lost your?

As for what "chance" she have been taking, she has had a perfectly legal side job, and gets fired for it.

How would you like getting fired for a legal, side job, former job, hobby, or ugly nose?


It kind of boils down to the school board firing her for something perfectly legal, which they consider amoral.
What if they found voting for Bush amoral?
 
I'm not here to coddle your requests. If you don't care to be a part of the conversation then why is it my responsibility to make it so?

So basically you're just saying your posting here just to pick at my arguments? I actually figured that out a while ago.

NO, what I was actually saying was "And I was responding to the point you made to Taarkin on a public thread where people will do that sort of thing. Despite that, I don't feel like going back and discovering whether what you claim is true or not either. I can't even restate the case from my mind, in my own words, because I don't hold your view. Could you restate the case in your own words, or don't you feel like doing that either? Failing that, since neither of us seems sufficiently concerned with what you claimed, I'll probably just forget you said it and carry on pointing out that your arguments flounder unless you can draw a clear distinction. "

I guess I am here to engage in discussion ('pick at arguments') - are you here to strengthen your position by practising batting away arguments you don't like?

I do care to be part of the conversation, I'm here posting. I respond to your input. I care precisely as much as you whether the posts you referred to are linked or quoted or referenced: ie, not at all. I care very much whether you state something you can back up, or claim something you wriggle out of backing up by turning this into a personal spat.

You don't need to 'coddle' my requests (I thought it was something you did to eggs?). You can claim there's a clear distinction without ever saying or showing what it is. You have that right, it's legal and I can't sack you for it, any more than you can sack me for not caring what you say in that event.
 
As far as I can tell from this you do not consider getting fired much of a problem for her. Is that because you don't have a job yourself, or believe you could just life on welfare if you lost your?

As for what "chance" she have been taking, she has had a perfectly legal side job, and gets fired for it.

How would you like getting fired for a legal, side job, former job, hobby, or ugly nose?


It kind of boils down to the school board firing her for something perfectly legal, which they consider amoral.
What if they found voting for Bush amoral?

Please stop trying to insert me into the story. I am not a part of this.

If them firing her is ok with their community, the people the school board is held responsible by then, yes it is fine for whatever legal reason.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom