• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged 8.8 quake in Sendai, Japan

Why would youtube take such a thing down?

I don't think they did; the impression I got from the wording of the message was that the account had been closed by the owner of the account, but I guess it might have been closed by YouTube themselves.
 
It's a nightmare scenario for farmers in the region. It's arguable that the safety fears are overblown, but that's a moot point when it comes to the economics. If people are afraid, they won't buy it.

Food Contamination May Climb as Japan Fights Radiation Crisis

They are going to be compensated by the government (more debt for the Japanese government) but I don't know if they will be fully made whole.

Apparently a lot of fruit (cherries, apples, pears, etc) comes from that area. Even if there is no radiation contamination, your average Oprah-watching dumbell will still avoid it.
 

I was just going to post this.

This video is simply extraordinary, and is far more terrifying than the 'highwave' tsunami that you see in films like Deep Impact and Armageddon. When I first saw what a real tsunami looked like I was surprised that it didn't come in the form of the 'high wave' but was blown away by its sheer speed and consumption of all around it.

Embedded:

 
Last edited:
Look at this one. It was posted earlier, but it bears repetition. (It's not Miyako, as captioned, but Kamaishi.)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12769741

It's as if the entire sea level has simply risen several metres and the Pacific itself is pouring over the harbour wall.

Here's the same thing from a different perspective, further back. You can actually see the cameraman filming the first clip, standing on an outside staircase of a tall building.


Rolfe.
 
Last edited:
This video is simply extraordinary


It is awesome.

I get almost nauseous watching it. The way the water reclaims the land is frightening. The sheer power of the mass as it rolls in seems unstoppable. I would have been absolutely bricking it if I was that cameraman. How he/she had the wherewithall to carry on is beyond me. Some of the shots make it seem as if the water is only feet from where he stood there filming.

Gobsmacker.

Compus
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom