• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged 8.8 quake in Sendai, Japan

I hope everyone is Ok.

I have to say that watching footage of the Tsunami is really freaky. I had always pictured a Tsunami like this giant tall wave that crashes down in one fell swoop. The way it seems to creep through the land shoving everything into a huge muddy pile of debris is sickening. It almost seems survivable until you realize the weight of everything and how easily it is being moved forward.
 
There's some really shocking footage which seems to be playing in a loop of what looks like a whole city on fire. I am not sure where it is supposed to be.

And yes, they have raised the number of dead to 200. This still looks like being a very conservative figure though.
 
Did you see the 'scale' of that whirlpool?

There was a boat caught in it as well...this is truly horrifying.

Yes the scale is mindblowing.

Here in the Netherlands they say that a boat with a 100 people on it has disappeared and they show this boat in the whirlpool along with the story.
Whether they mean this boat or another is not clear.
 

Glad I checked social issues. I was perusing the community to hear updates from our members who may have been effected.

I posted that article to my FB last night, mocking it. Talking to my daughter this morning about it:

She: Of course it had to happen, you made fun of the prediction last night. That's god telling you, you're wrong.
Me: Couldn't he just whisper it in my ear? Did he have to kill 64 people to prove a point?
She: That's just collateral. When the water receded the debris is going to spell, "Tina was wrong!"

I almost spit out my coffee. I figured some humor wouldn't hurt.
 
There's some really shocking footage which seems to be playing in a loop of what looks like a whole city on fire. I am not sure where it is supposed to be.

And yes, they have raised the number of dead to 200. This still looks like being a very conservative figure though.

Something I have not seen mentioned - how much warning in Japan did they have. That will affect the toll from the waves greatly
 
gumboot said:

Member of Parliament. Politicians.







​
Jean-Luc_Picard1.jpg


​
dataProfile.jpg


​
picard-facepalm.jpg


​
dacomp.jpg
 
Something I have not seen mentioned - how much warning in Japan did they have. That will affect the toll from the waves greatly

Almost the very moment I felt the earthquake I heard the bleep of the meterological warning on the TV. Within a couple of minutes the TV was broadcasting a tsunami warning. So, it seemed to be very quick. Even as the earthquake was rumbling the tsunami warnings were flashing up.

The trouble is that I don't think anyone had very much time to evacuate and plenty of people wouldn't have been able to get moving in time. The video footage shows just how quickly the waves moved turning all the houses and ploughed fields to rubble in seconds. The epicenter was not far from the coast.
 
My heart goes out to the Japanese people. :(

The upside is Japan is a very well resourced nation, well organised and experienced in dealing with things like that. So absolutely everything can be done, will be

And of course the international community is making sure they dont have to deal with this alone. I believe the Ronald Reagan is already steaming to Japan to aid in relief work
 
Almost the very moment I felt the earthquake I heard the bleep of the meterological warning on the TV. Within a couple of minutes the TV was broadcasting a tsunami warning. So, it seemed to be very quick. Even as the earthquake was rumbling the tsunami warnings were flashing up.

The trouble is that I don't think anyone had very much time to evacuate and plenty of people wouldn't have been able to get moving in time. The video footage shows just how quickly the waves moved turning all the houses and ploughed fields to rubble in seconds. The epicenter was not far from the coast.

Damn..........this is gonna get seriously ugly then :(
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom