• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How did Chaim Levine become Chuck Lorre?

???

Maybe if there wasn't groups of people that treated immigrants like hell they wouldn't do this?

Seems like a more logical answer than a conspiracy.

And sometimes its done because of a name being very close to something offensive, such as in my family, the original name for my grandmothers side was Fukken. one can see how that would cause problems.
 
How did Tom Mapother become Tom Cruise? What's with all of these movie stars working in America under fake names. Archie Leach? Lucille LaSuer? Bernie Schwartz?

Its a conspiracy.
 
ps
the cat head is freaking me out!
It is moving, isn't it?

it is! Omg!

EDIT: In reference to the OP, he either went through a legal name change or simply listed his preferred name with his trade union and/or employers.
 
Last edited:
One of his title cards:

I'm writing this vanity card in Israel. I like it here. Not for the geography, or architecture, or even the history. No, I like it because for the first time in my life I'm surrounded with DNA much like my own. Until I got here, until I wandered around Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, I didn't realize how much my double helix yearned to be around similar strands. Now that's not to say that I don't occasionally have that very same genetic experience in Beverly Hills (particularly in Chinese restaurants on Sunday night). But the sheer homogeneity of Israel overwhelms any over-priced kung pao gathering at Mr. Chow's. The cop, the cab driver, the hotel concierge, the pilot, the waiter, the shoe salesman, the beautiful girl looking right through me as if I didn't exist -- all Jewish! If I had to sum it up, I'd say the sensation is like being at a B'nai B'rith summer camp that is surrounded by millions of crazy bastards who hate the sound of kids playing tetherball, and all the poor little camp has going for it is pluckiness and nukes. Anyway, I have to believe my visceral and very pleasant reaction is some sort of evolutionary, tribal thing. Some sort of survival gene that makes human beings want to stay with their birth group. Which raises the question, why have I spent a lifetime moving away from that group? How did Chaim become Chuck? How did Levine become Lorre? The only answer I come up with is this: When I was a little boy in Hebrew school the rabbis regularly told us that we were the chosen people. That we were God's favorites. Which is all well and good except that I went home, observed my family and, despite my tender age, thought to myself, "****$#*!."

But his birth name, according to Wikipedia, is Charles Michael Levine.
 
Chaim....Charles....Schlemiel...Schlamazel....

;)

I knew a guy in high school who's last name was Slater.

But it was orginally O'Slattery, changed by his great-grandpa to hide their Irish heritage.
 
My understanding is that it's fairly common for Jewish families in America -- even "secular Jews" -- to give children a "Hebrew name" that isn't part of the name on their birth certificate, but is used during ceremonies, etc. Often (though not always), the first name is an anglicized version of the Hebrew name, or otherwise similar. So Lorre may have always had the "Hebrew name" Chaim without it ever being his "legal" name.
 
Not conspiracy, just common sense. In Hollywood, if you are an actor or creator, you want a name that's relatable, easy to pronounce, and unique to you. Who knows how many Chuck Levines there are in Hollywood. Chuck Lorre, however, stands out.

And it's not like Lorre is an exceptionally white bread name anyway. In fact, it seems to be completely made up except as an Australian spelling for Laurie.
 
What is the conspiracy where immigrants come to the United States and completely disregard heritage, tradition and cultural references? Is there a conspiracy to "Americanize" the world?

I'm lost. How do immigrants doing something after they arrive in America result in "Americanizing the world"?
 
Did you forget Carlos Irwin Estevez?


The obvious.

:rolleyes:

Well, technically that could have been the result of his wanting to use his father's last name to open doors in Hollywood. Of course that doesn't explain Carlos --> Charlie.
 
Well, technically that could have been the result of his wanting to use his father's last name to open doors in Hollywood. Of course that doesn't explain Carlos --> Charlie.

Though at the moment I think most Hispanic Americans are very happy the Sheen changed his name.....
 
My understanding is that it's fairly common for Jewish families in America -- even "secular Jews" -- to give children a "Hebrew name" that isn't part of the name on their birth certificate, but is used during ceremonies, etc. Often (though not always), the first name is an anglicized version of the Hebrew name, or otherwise similar. So Lorre may have always had the "Hebrew name" Chaim without it ever being his "legal" name.

Greek Orthodox do the same thing. I had a friend convert and in addition to "Brian" he can rightfully be called "Anempodistos."
 
Well, technically that could have been the result of his wanting to use his father's last name to open doors in Hollywood. Of course that doesn't explain Carlos --> Charlie.

It also doesn't explain his brother, who was fairly successful in the 80s despite using his real name.
 
A friend's grandfather changed his last name from Bruno to Brown when he arrived in Canada.

OMG!!1!!1!!!1
A conspiracy to Canadianize the world!!1!!11!!!!!:)
.
There's a scary though, eh?





"eh?" Where did that come from?






You hosers, it's already starting.

I need some fresh air, I'm going oot.



Grrrr.




D*mn you, Canada!


Altho it could be worse, I suppose. Could be Australia...
.
 
Last edited:
well, i just used this example as it relates to a hot current topic.. but the issue is more than just a a name change.

we have second generation hindus- eating meat:eek:
"muslim" not participating in Shalah (daily prayer)
"catholics" not observing lent.. lol

there appears to be a homogenization of culture not only in the US but around the world.. i find it hilarious how people from New Jersey think its the "new" Southern California..

There was a paradigm shift in communications circa 1999-2001 where the world government felt it was the last opportunity to grab complete control before the proliferation of cell phone cameras and online video.. the events of 911 where necessary to eradicate a true potential "classical" liberal revolution. 911 was used as a trigger mechanism to capture the minds of billions of people around the world. the command struture is sending a code to trigger impulses sent by current wireless signals (cdma, gms, iden, dtec) as a form of population control. HAARP is part of the issue as moon cycles and pacific ocean temperature phenomena create loopholes in the system.

the point is that the hollywood power struture is a key element in the world command force by using coercive messaging to "round up the sheeple".. Chuck Lorre is a very powerful figure we should all fear.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom