Oh, "enlightened" CTers with your all knowingness about "evidence", do tell about your knowledge of "evidence" or lack thereof, surrounding Abdeljalil. And how this relates to your "arguments".
~B.
Hmm... haven't we been trying to do just that for however many months now, only to get silence and drivel about clan affiliations?
Look, I'm not up for wasting time these days, but since you asked so nicely, I will briefly entertain your (sincere?) request to hear it again. But only in trade. You owe me an answer to Buncrana's post above. How do you support your inconsistent acceptance of Scottish legal decisions? You embrace without question or critical though the guilty verdict, and seem completely unaware of the official finding that the former might well have been a miscarriage of justice. Seems a bit FISHY, y'know. And consistently so.
I won't even wait for your half to come through, in good faith. Unfortunately, I don't know how to answer this:
knowledge of "evidence" or lack thereof, surrounding Abdeljalil
All I can say is I had never heard of him until the other day, and haven't had the time to learn anything aside from what we've discussed here. Justice Minister of Gaddafi's regime for some time until the protest/war thing, and then he suddenly came out with resigning in protest and this absurd claim of
proof for a case that otherwise doesn't even have any credible evidence.
As for
how this relates to your "arguments"
I'm still not sure exactly what the "this" you refer to is, and I don't have any "arguments," only arguments.
As you know, we have many lines of qestioning, covered here in the last couple of years, with you here for some of it. Essentially, how this relates is about what I bolded above - it doesn't seem that Megrahi bombed that plane, so any claim of an order to do so is dubious at best. Is that so hard to grasp?
You're still having a hard part with "no credible evidence." Keeping it simple and to one point, and without re-explaining what we've already been over repeatedly, let's just look at one of the more central parts, the one the SCCRC focused on , the "identification" of Megrahi as the clothes buyer. As you're surely aware, Tony Gauci never identified Megrahi. Someone else did it for him, pretty much ignoring his testimony along the way.
As I recall, all you've said about Tony's contribution to the case was in reference to his 2000 testimony, where he contradicted himself in numerous ways to be less discrepant with Megrahi. As I recall, you praised his memory there as remarkably good for such a long time after the event. But still no word on how his memory
improved so much, or why his recall of Megrahi visiting on December 7 came out so muddled in his 1989-91 police statements as to seem very much like a different man on a different day.
And you can't chalk it all up to bizarre memory problems. The umbrella testifying to the rain that was
totally absent on December 7 was found in blasted bits across Scotland.
Rather than explain each of the points above for you, why not point out what you disagree with or need to see the work for, and I will provide that as time allows. So long as you hold up your end and let us know one
good reason to simply ignore the SCCRC's findings as you have chosen to.