Yes, indeed, and I think it was you that long ago was arguing the disco buses were not running that night as well. I'm pretty sure I saw it back in the last thread long before the appeal team announced which we first saw on the Shock two months ago.
What I'm wondering is if they could have any 'surprises' in the appeal. Machiavelli said they weren't bound by the theories of the first trial, and Massei didn't exactly abide by the prosecutions theory, so what kind of case could they put together? They would seem to have little to work with, the defense will know what's coming this time and it's almost like walking into the shadow of death for the prosecution.
What they have going for them is the fact they got a conviction the first time. They can't really introduce new 'evidence' without risking total meltdown. A new 'witness' perhaps? Someone they round up willing to say they were in the mysterious car and say they saw Rudy, Raffaele and Amanda enter and leave? A 'better' witness statement from Rudy, as I still don't quite get why they couldn't get him to go all the way last time?
What could they try? No one wants to walk into an ambush on all fronts, there must be some prosecution plan.