Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2009
- Messages
- 12,981
The red and the black
CDHost,
The release of the famous picture is one of the blackest moments in the case. You mean the one where the bathroom looks red, right? The actual bathroom looked pretty normal, but it was chemically treated to produce the pink to red color.
There has been some debate here about which chemical it was. Dan O. argued for phenolphthalein produced by oxidation of phenolphthalin via the Kastle-Meyer test for blood. Frank reported that it was cyanoacryate. I did a little bit of research, and it turns out that cyanoacrylate fumes are sometimes used to detect latent fingerprints. The fingerprint visualization also requires a dye (of which I believe that there are several), and the print can look red or purple. The photo was released to the press without any explanation of which I am aware, and they were "mistaken in their minds" for doing so, IMO.
I thought there was a huge amount of blood which had been cleaned up. The famous picture?
As for the mop, there is a mop on the porch. Amanda herself makes frequent references to the mop and carrying it everywhere. But you are right I shouldn't have said seen with. That might have been where they kept the mop, but that doesn't explain Amanda's focus on it in her statements.
CDHost,
The release of the famous picture is one of the blackest moments in the case. You mean the one where the bathroom looks red, right? The actual bathroom looked pretty normal, but it was chemically treated to produce the pink to red color.
There has been some debate here about which chemical it was. Dan O. argued for phenolphthalein produced by oxidation of phenolphthalin via the Kastle-Meyer test for blood. Frank reported that it was cyanoacryate. I did a little bit of research, and it turns out that cyanoacrylate fumes are sometimes used to detect latent fingerprints. The fingerprint visualization also requires a dye (of which I believe that there are several), and the print can look red or purple. The photo was released to the press without any explanation of which I am aware, and they were "mistaken in their minds" for doing so, IMO.
Last edited:
