• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Discussion of the moon landing "hoax"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess-I wonder why nobody else has been to the moon since we have been(I haven't heard anybody else going). I have heard about the radiation belt between the earth and moon. I would think others would want their flag on the moon also. LOL
 
I guess-I wonder why nobody else has been to the moon since we have been(I haven't heard anybody else going). I have heard about the radiation belt between the earth and moon. I would think others would want their flag on the moon also. LOL

Lack of money, lack of interest. All the technology in the world won't fix that. One could ask why after the Trieste went to the lowest point in the ocean we never went back. That was in 1960, and was a space-travel like mission.
 
I guess-I wonder why nobody else has been to the moon since we have been(I haven't heard anybody else going).
Money. It takes lots of money. The USA was in a race with the Russians as part of the Cold War, that's what justified the expense. Even then several missions were cancelled due to the lack of funding.

I have heard about the radiation belt between the earth and moon.
What have you heard about it?

Have you heard that unless one spends a lengthy period of time in the belt there are no adverse effects? The Apollo astronauts were not in the belts long enough.

I would think others would want their flag on the moon also. LOL

The Chinese are planning on it.
 
Have you heard that unless one spends a lengthy period of time in the belt there are no adverse effects? The Apollo astronauts were not in the belts long enough.

Yup, Van Allen himself agrees with this. He is after all the one who discovered them.
 
I don't need you to tell me where the moon comes from

It sounded to me like you do. When you said "That is so cute! Formed by collision with a Mars sized planatoid? Marvellous," it sounded sarcastic, like you didn't think the collision theory was as solidly evidence-based as it really is. If you were unaware of this, then you did need someone to tell you where the Moon came from.
 
I guess-I wonder why nobody else has been to the moon since we have been(I haven't heard anybody else going). I have heard about the radiation belt between the earth and moon. I would think others would want their flag on the moon also. LOL

See post #808 for more on the bolded subject. Welcome to the forum.:)
 
The "why hasn't anybody been back since" argument always drives me nuts. WWII was 66 years ago. Does that mean WWII never happened?

The logic is idiotic. It's suspicion mongering. The CTs thinks if they can generate enough suspicions then it somehow counts as evidence.
 
matt.tansy: Sorry to drive you nuts :blush: But I was really wanting to know why nobody has been there since. BTW, yes I do believe WWII did happen :)
 
Hi, Gypseagirl. Welcome to the board.

I find it tragic that we basically abandoned the promise of Apollo for so long. But, speaking as an American, as a country we have a pretty short attention span, and the social upheavals of the '60s, Vietnam, etc., not to mention a President (Nixon) who had no interest in space all helped turn us back on the path to following up the landings with more lasting missions and development.

And, as others have already said, it comes down to money - getting into space is expensive - and money = political support, and no national will = no political support. We are struggling to redevelop the heavy-lift and man-rated launch infrastructure which will follow the Shuttle and enable a slower, but steadier and longer-term, exploration program.

And others do want their flag on the Moon. The then-Soviets tried very hard but their heavy-lift booster kept exploding back during the Apollo era. Now, the Chinese have big ambitions and lots of cash, including developing their own robust manned space program and manned expeditions to the Moon.

As far as the radation "belts", they were extensively investigated during the decade leading to the first Apollo landing. (The Apollo missions actually used trajectories which ensured the crews spent minimal time transiting them; see Bob Braeunig's terrific explanation of this if you're interested.) The models developed by NASA before, during, and after Apollo are standards of the industry and are verified every day by the continuing operation of many commercial, military, and civilian spacecraft which transit or operate continuously in the Van Allen belts.
 
Last edited:
sts60: Thanks for the welcome.
It will be interesting to see if China gets to the moon. Thanks for the link about the radiation belt. I will have to check it out. I have not done a lot of research on this subject but it looks like I will now. Thanks again for the info.

twinstead: Thanks for the thumbs up. LOL
 
sts60: Thanks for the welcome.
It will be interesting to see if China gets to the moon. Thanks for the link about the radiation belt. I will have to check it out. I have not done a lot of research on this subject but it looks like I will now. Thanks again for the info.

twinstead: Thanks for the thumbs up. LOL

You seem like you are willing to learn about things and I commend you for that. Please understand that we get a lot of people who come here with pre-determined notions who are "just asking questions" when they really have no interest in hearing the answers. So when someone says something like "I don't know if we went to the moon or not." it raises our antennae. The moon hoax is a somewhat popular conspiracy theory and despite probably the one with the most overwhelming abundance of proof against it, it lives on.

So welcome I hope you find this forum useful.
 
Spindrift: Thanks for the kind words. I have always been on the fence about going to the moon but I never thought much about really looking into it until I found this site.

I look forward to being apart of the group.
 
I don't need you to tell me where the moon comes from

Just out of curiosity, where do you think the moon came from and what evidence makes you think that?

I have always been on the fence about going to the moon but I never thought much about really looking into it until I found this site.

For me it was the JFK thing. There were versions of that conspiracy that I had heard so many times from so many places that I thought it was one of those things just accepted as fact - not the details (like who was behind it) but that it wasn't just Oswald.

It wasn't until a few years ago that I actually looked into it and found out that the evidence really does point to Oswald and a lot of the things I had been told were baseless. It's not that I was stupid or even that I lacked critical thinking skills, it was just that I had been misinformed and hadn't tried to look into it.

So congratualtions on starting down that path - I feel confident that any lingering doubts about us going to the moon will disappear with a little reading.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom