little grey rabbit
Banned
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2010
- Messages
- 3,164
Well of course it was!The TV camera on the rover was remote-controlled by Mission Control.
.
Well of course it was!The TV camera on the rover was remote-controlled by Mission Control.
.
It is blatantly obvious that a squat frame like that won't cast a long thin shadow.
"Just when I thought you said the stupidest thing ever, you keep on talking."And assuming Apollo 11 descent stage was the same as Apollo 17 descent stage it would not cast that very long shadow.
You are manifestly unfamiliar not only with the Apollo record, but also with the most basic behavior of the Moon and, well, lighting in general. Any such object can cast a shadow from zero to infinite length, depending on the Sun angle.So in answer to the original question. Yes the photo is fake.
Because an engineer on the Earth timed the LRV camera to pan upward by anticipating the launch count, getting it right after trying it on two previous missions.I am sure there will be an official answer to this, but I ask to find out what it is. Why on earth does the camera appear to be able to track the take-off of Apollo 17 from the Lunar surface.
You're raving. Please stay away from sharp objects and firearms. Back to the ignore list you go.Edit: it doesn't take much to move something off the lunar surface, does it? They can't even be bother to give it some kind of explosive force that might tear apart the socalled Descent Module. O brave new world, that has such people in it.
It is blatantly obvious that a squat frame like that won't cast a long thin shadow. If and I repeat IF the Apollo 11 is the same as Apollo 17.
If someone has something better, let them post it here. At the moment the answer to the original question remains: the photo is a fake.
Seriously, why ask these questions if you don't want to hear the answers?
If the angle of the sun is low enough, it could be nearly as thin as your argument.
My dear boy, if I ran around trying to clear up every little mess you clowns left, there wouldn't be enough hours in the day.
I make no apology for not paying much attention to the particulars of your fictions, just like I make no apology for not mastering Klingon. Although I understand their are some excellent dictionaries available these days.
It's not squat. It's about 12 feet high.
It could be but it wasn't
I seem to have stumbled into some bizarre game. Someone wanted to know if the photo was fake and the answer is obviously it is.
Surely the question was supposed to be "Can you prove something that we know is fake really is fake?"
If that was the question, you should have phrased it thus.
That is true, but I know that you believe it is fake.If you can't show it is fake, you don't know it is fake.
Believe != Knowledge.
Explosive bolts, huh? Amazing, what will they think of next?!
Non-explosive bolts.
aren't all bolts non-explosive?
Non-explosive bolts.
Explosive bolts, huh? Amazing, what will they think of next?!
Nominated!
A guillotine that cut the connections between the ascent stage and descent state. My neighbor worked on it at Grumman on Long Island.