• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Chaos Magic

For starters, "paranormal" is just a relative term. The fact that so many of you go to such lengths, and waste so much time, trying to "disprove" and argue against it demonstrates what pretentious hand-waving asshats you really are. Many of you are so up your own behinds with what you -think- you know that you can't even distinguish between your beliefs about reality from reality itself. Its a strange sort of 'skeptic' who doubts everything but their own beliefs -- and make no mistake, you're loaded to the brim with unrecognized beliefs.

I have no beliefs,I follow the evidence and judge if it is convincing or not. When are you going to stop listening to the sound of your own voice and actually make a point? I've never heard the term asshat before,did you coin it yourself? It sounds puerile enough for that.
 
I have no beliefs,I follow the evidence and judge if it is convincing or not. When are you going to stop listening to the sound of your own voice and actually make a point? I've never heard the term asshat before,did you coin it yourself? It sounds puerile enough for that.


Asshat has been around on the interwebs for years. Etymologically speaking, it probably came around as shorthand for a person with their head up their ass, as if they're wearing their own ass as a hat.
 
For starters, "paranormal" is just a relative term. The fact that so many of you go to such lengths, and waste so much time, trying to "disprove" and argue against it demonstrates what pretentious hand-waving asshats you really are. Many of you are so up your own behinds with what you -think- you know that you can't even distinguish between your beliefs about reality from reality itself. Its a strange sort of 'skeptic' who doubts everything but their own beliefs -- and make no mistake, you're loaded to the brim with unrecognized beliefs.

I'm pretty sure I asked you what your point was, not to ramble incoherently.

Edited by jhunter1163: 
Edited for civility.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For starters, "paranormal" is just a relative term.

Arguably not, but fine.

What are your thoughts on whats constitutes the "paranormal"?

The fact that so many of you go to such lengths, and waste so much time, trying to "disprove" and argue against it

Straw man.

Again.

How is an observation a strawman? I see that term being bandied about as if its some kind of catchall term for any statement one disagrees with.
 
Last edited:
Maybe coincidence is the explanation for every correlation? Its brilliant! :D

That wasn't a very thoughtful reply. I asked you an honest question, and you could have said why it was unlikely. I see you have just gone in to dismissive mode with everyone, but I'm not trying to talk down to you like you think other people are.

I know. Sorry about the tone, as it was not really directed at you.


In answer to your question; no, I do not think that coincidence is a sufficient explanation.
 
Asshat has been around on the interwebs for years. Etymologically speaking, it probably came around as shorthand for a person with their head up their ass, as if they're wearing their own ass as a hat.

As far as AkumaniMani is concerned,if the cap fits......
 
For starters, "paranormal" is just a relative term. The fact that so many of you go to such lengths, and waste so much time, trying to "disprove" and argue against it demonstrates what pretentious hand-waving asshats you really are. Many of you are so up your own behinds with what you -think- you know that you can't even distinguish between your beliefs about reality from reality itself. Its a strange sort of 'skeptic' who doubts everything but their own beliefs -- and make no mistake, you're loaded to the brim with unrecognized beliefs.

Well, as a card-carrying asshat, I wonder what is so difficult in recognizing that it's possible that you have taken an interesting but mundane experience and over the years through faulty memory and misinterpreted senses, assigned it more weight than it initially deserved.

Card-carrying asshats= good band name)

Good, grief. You still don't get it, do you? How do you even know I wasn't just making up the whole story to begin with?

There are so many people here eagerly and confidently proclaiming that my experience was REALLY X, Y, & Z, when the fact of the matter is they haven't a clue what happened, how it happened, or even IF it happened at all.
 
Good, grief. You still don't get it, do you? How do you even know I wasn't just making up the whole story to begin with?

There are so many people here eagerly and confidently proclaiming that my experience was REALLY X, Y, & Z, when the fact of the matter is they haven't a clue what happened, how it happened, or even IF it happened at all.

Guess what,I don't care. Happy trolling!
 
As far as AkumaniMani is concerned,if the cap fits......

I also noticed that Limbo uses the same insult very often.


In answer to your question; no, I do not think that coincidence is a sufficient explanation.

And why exactly is that? I just want to know the reasons why that part couldn't have possibly been a coincidence or slightly mixed up to make it fit more. You said the messages were very cryptic, and messages like that are easy to apply to a large variety of things.
 
AkuManiMani, you are resorting to too many personal attacks and insults. I'm pretty sure most of the people here have not been calling you anything like a "prick" or "stupid". Even if you feel you are being insulted, they haven't been direct or personal name calling like what you are doing.
 
Last edited:
In answer to your question; no, I do not think that coincidence is a sufficient explanation.

And why exactly is that? I just want to know the reasons why that part couldn't have possibly been a coincidence or slightly mixed up to make it fit more. You said the messages were very cryptic, and messages like that are easy to apply to a large variety of things.

She was crypting in answering questions about her identity. However, she was quite clear in her allusion to my friend having similar experiences and commented that I "chose her well". Like I said earlier, she advised against even mentioning the encounter to anyone.

I'm actually still skimming over the thread ExMinister linked earlier in the discussion. Along with details of his own experience, the OP provides a link to a 20/20 documentary on schizophrenic children. Based upon my experiences, and what I'm seeing of the accounts of others, these entities appear to have intelligences of their own, distinct from the consciousness of the person who hears/sees them. Atleast in the instance of me and my friend's experience, they are also capable of knowing things that the person with whom they're interacting may not even be aware of. The suggest that they are entities distinct from the mind of the subject(s) in question. I really don't know exactly what these entities are but its fairly clear to me that they aren't just "random misfirings of the brain".
 
Last edited:
AkuManiMani, you are resorting to too many personal attacks and insults. I'm pretty sure most of the people here have not been calling you anything like a "prick" or "stupid". Even if you feel you are being insulted, they haven't been direct or personal name calling like what you are doing.

I'm just as direct with people IRL. I'd very much prefer to have this discussion in person so I wouldn't have to worry about tripping censors >_<
 
I'm actually still skimming over the thread ExMinister linked earlier in the discussion. Along with details of his own experience, the OP provides a link to a 20/20 documentary on schizophrenic children. Based upon my experiences an what I'm seeing of the accounts of others these entities appear to have intelligences of their own, distinct from the consciousness of the person who hears/sees them. I really don't know exactly what these entities are but its fairly clear to me that they aren't just "random misfirings of the brain".

Why? What evidence do you have to support this contention?
 
Good, grief. You still don't get it, do you? How do you even know I wasn't just making up the whole story to begin with?

There are so many people here eagerly and confidently proclaiming that my experience was REALLY X, Y, & Z, when the fact of the matter is they haven't a clue what happened, how it happened, or even IF it happened at all.

No. You are still missing the point. We are saying that, if it happened, it could have been X, Y, or Z. We do not, and have never, said that we know it happened, or that we know that it was X, Y, or Z.

What about this is unclear?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom